Make a way to stop animals from constantly breeding!!!!!!!

Started by quxzcover, September 06, 2015, 02:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Many Animals Have You tamed/Bred?

What's animal taming?
1-5 animals. Meh.
6-15 animals. Good amount.
16-99 animals. Too Many.
100-200 animals. OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!!!
201+ animals. IV'E BEEN OVER RUN!

FridayBiology

Quote from: FMJ Penguin on September 07, 2015, 12:57:11 AMAnyone tame rabbits yet? Haha..., if chickens are that bad I can't imagine rabbit reproduction.

Boomrats are faster :P
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

RoboticManiac

Lady Wolf

Quote from: RoboticManiac on September 08, 2015, 04:16:01 PM

Meh. They're still useful as suicide bombers.

Only when your colonist manages to "release" them in time, otherwise a long range sniper shot into one before the enemy is close enough to sic them, and the dozen or so boom rats surrounding your colonist will turn him (and a nice little section of your base) into a burning mess.

pigman999999999

how about i think you having 230 something dogs is bullshit okay but i will belvie if you show me your a pic

Toggle

Totally possible. Some people have games with literally over a hundred colonists, and when you have that much 230 dogs isn't much.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

FMJ Penguin

Yeah,
Aint you ever had a blob of domestic pet types just adopt you during the game randomly? By blob I mean a few dozen or so. It happens...., I don't like it but it def does happen. Totally weirded me out the first time too. I think around 2-dozen or so Yorkies was my first encounter. Granted I killed them all but like 3 cuzz they wouldn't stfu but I can see how that could multiply pretty dang quickly.  Now feeding 200+ animals.... that's another thing.... that would suuuuuuck.
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

FridayBiology

eat your older animals.

set up a fert.egg storage zone 1x1 inside aswell as another close to your animal sleeping area to reduce inflow of egg survival.

teach boomrats to release (fawking over powered glory)

there is no point in taming monkeys.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

RoboticManiac

Quote from: FMJ Penguin on September 09, 2015, 07:20:43 PM
Yeah,
Aint you ever had a blob of domestic pet types just adopt you during the game randomly? By blob I mean a few dozen or so. It happens...., I don't like it but it def does happen. Totally weirded me out the first time too. I think around 2-dozen or so Yorkies was my first encounter. Granted I killed them all but like 3 cuzz they wouldn't stfu but I can see how that could multiply pretty dang quickly.  Now feeding 200+ animals.... that's another thing.... that would suuuuuuck.
For all the crimes against humanity we commit in this game, I couldn't bring my self to slaughter the dozen yorkies that auto-tamed. I had to go into dev mode to delete them from existence.  :'(

quxzcover

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on September 09, 2015, 07:01:00 PM
Totally possible. Some people have games with literally over a hundred colonists, and when you have that much 230 dogs isn't much.
I find it almost immpossible to get more then 70 without mods to help with upkeep.
also me saying 200+ is an exaggeration for now. i just started a new world and i find that at first its slow but once you have 4 females+ they start breeding like crazy. also how to feed it all is play in an area where growing time is all year, grow rice in hydroponics, then zone a huge area for grass, i have 15k hay and 12k rice and berries.

FMJ Penguin

Quote from: RoboticManiac on September 10, 2015, 03:44:36 PM
Quote from: FMJ Penguin on September 09, 2015, 07:20:43 PM
Yeah,
For all the crimes against humanity we commit in this game, I couldn't bring my self to slaughter the dozen yorkies that auto-tamed. I had to go into dev mode to delete them from existence.  :'(

Hehe, that does sound less douche cuzz those yorkies really are kinda cute. Although..., sup with the yellow coats?

Quote from: quxzcover on September 11, 2015, 07:55:10 AM
Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on September 09, 2015, 07:01:00 PM
i have 15k hay and 12k rice and berries.

I say dayam..... just daaaaayyammmm..
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

BoogieMan

BinaryBlackhole

The secret of chickens is let them become juvenile then murder them or sell them for the most profit keep 10 hens and 12 roosters 2 elephants and 14 alpacas the biggest problem is the bulk goods trader isn't there to buy my stuff enough.