[A12d] [GUI] Work Presets (v1.1)

Started by Wivex, September 07, 2015, 05:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wivex

Quote from: AHare on September 07, 2015, 07:48:26 PM
Love the idea. Few issues have popped up after installing though:
- Some pawns are not following the work priorities I set for them. My researcher is prioritizing hauling (at 3) over research (1).
- No one is sleeping in their beds! They crash on the floor instead.

I doubt that those issues have anything to do with this mod since it only modifies work priority values and nothing else. Can you post other mods that you also used there?

FMJ Penguin

There's a spot in Valhalla reserved for you already for this.

Quick question,
Do saved presets persist through multiple games?
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Wivex

Quote from: FMJ Penguin on September 08, 2015, 01:25:07 AM
Quick question,
Do saved presets persist through multiple games?

I haven't pursued this goal, but as for now, if you start new game with this mod already set on (not included mid game), the work presets might be kept from the previous colony, due to some coding issues. (This might have already changed, i haven't really tested)

UPD.
Checked that, they don't (i've already fixed that). It's done for game consistency, or you won't be able to start a new game with a new modded job, cause your older presets would interfere with this job and cause errors. It's not hard to make new presets based on pawns priorities anyway. The same preset behaviour also default for Outfits.

FMJ Penguin

Ahh kk.

Was kinda hoping they did but hey can only do what you can do with what's there. Def worth using even if you start over I'm sure. Not like my colonies die out THAT fast anyways. Thanks for the response DLing now :)
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

AHare

Quote from: Wivex on September 08, 2015, 01:21:44 AM
- Some pawns are not following the work priorities I set for them. My researcher is prioritizing hauling (at 3) over research (1).

I doubt that those issues have anything to do with this mod since it only modifies work priority values and nothing else. Can you post other mods that you also used there?
Oh, strange then. Maybe I did overlook something, I'll try again later. Here's a list of my mods, http://pastebin.com/4EES2gsf

Wivex

With so many mods included it's almost impossible to trace source of the problem. Although my ContainersForStuff mod does overhaul hauling system, it should not interfere with hauling priorities over other jobs' priorities and no one reported yet about that problem so i assume it's not my fault.

Florius

Quote from: AHare on September 08, 2015, 02:20:34 AM
Quote from: Wivex on September 08, 2015, 01:21:44 AM

Oh, strange then. Maybe I did overlook something, I'll try again later. Here's a list of my mods, http://pastebin.com/4EES2gsf

There are a lot of mods, and some of them I know are safe, because I used them since Alpha 10 without any problems, and if you never had this before certain mods, disable them and activate them one by one, the only way to figure out what mod is not working, and make sure all your mods are working for Alpha 12 (although Veinminer works just fine for 12 :) )

DestroyX

holy hell, you made my (rimworld) life so much better, thank you!

LadyAth

Thank you for this!  Will save a lot of time and effort in not having to keep shuffling priorities for a large colony. 

Wivex

l2032 is going to release improved version of the vanilla work tab with copy\paste of work presets feature, which will make this mod an obsolete. Since i won't have enough time to make compability fix any time soon, that suits me well. Keep an eye for his updates.

AHare

Deactivating work presets seems to cause SquadBrain errors when loading existing colonies which glitches the game out. Any way to fix that?

Wivex

try to edit your latest save file, deleting:

<components>
<li Class="WorkPresets.PresetDatabase"> <- from here
<presetsList>
</assignedPresets>
</li> <- to here
                       (...)?
</components>

UPD.

Fixed compability issues, released 1.1 version. It might be not save compatibile with previous version due to changes in saving presets mechanics. If you have errors after updating, try fix your save file as mentioned above and if errors continue, post them here.

Mycu

Quote from: Wivex on September 10, 2015, 03:15:41 AM
try to edit your latest save file, deleting:

<components>
<li Class="WorkPresets.PresetDatabase"> <- from here
<presetsList>
</assignedPresets>
</li> <- to here
                       (...)?
</components>

UPD.

Fixed compability issues, released 1.1 version. It might be not save compatibile with previous version due to changes in saving presets mechanics. If you have errors after updating, try fix your save file as mentioned above and if errors continue, post them here.

Thanks for compability version and for save game fix - it repaired my broken save. I can play again :)
It seems working fine with EdB Interface now.

Quote from: Wivex on September 09, 2015, 04:02:54 PM
l2032 is going to release improved version of the vanilla work tab with copy\paste of work presets feature, which will make this mod an obsolete. Since i won't have enough time to make compability fix any time soon, that suits me well. Keep an eye for his updates.

Copy/Paste feature doesn't make Work Presets obsolete. It's just a different pair of shoes...
Hope that Fluffy (l2032) will implement presets in the future or your mod will be continued, but for now both mods are essential.

bewby

Quote from: Mycu on September 10, 2015, 02:14:41 PM
Copy/Paste feature doesn't make Work Presets obsolete. It's just a different pair of shoes...
Hope that Fluffy (l2032) will implement presets in the future or your mod will be continued, but for now both mods are essential.

Very Much agreed.

Fluffy (l2032)

I'm not implementing presets, but feel free to use both. If you load this mod after mine, you'll get the work presets of this mod, and the animal tab goodies in mine.

I don't do anything fancy like saving data, so it should be fine - my work tab will simply never get called.