[A12d] [GUI] Work Presets (v1.1)

Started by Wivex, September 07, 2015, 05:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wivex

Description:

This mod adds new main UI tab with work presets which allows you to assign multiple job priorities to pawns with two clicks. Make micromanaging of your 20+ pawns' colony an easier routine.

Features and Behaviour:

• Changes in already designated presets for pawns are made when you re-save those presets with the same name.
  • It should be compabile with any other mod which adds new jobs.

Changelog:

Version 1.1:
- Fixed a bug: compatibility issues with other mods due to unappropriate preset saving.

Downloads:

Credits:

• Thanks to modding community for tips and advice.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Florius

That is really useful! Does it already have presets?

And I am just wondering one thing, and I might be a pain in the ass (uchh, don't know the English word for it, sorry) but, is it possible somehow to make it quicker to assign tasks to colonists. Because sometimes you need something build quickly, and it is very anoying when you have a big colony click colonist by colonist to change his/her job...

Wivex

Quote from: Florius on September 07, 2015, 05:33:43 PM
That is really useful! Does it already have presets?

No. Everybody plays differently. You start with modifying existing job priorities list of any pawn, so it's not long to make a new preset.

Quote from: Florius on September 07, 2015, 05:33:43 PM
And I am just wondering one thing, and I might be a pain in the ass (uchh, don't know the English word for it, sorry) but, is it possible somehow to make it quicker to assign tasks to colonists. Because sometimes you need something build quickly, and it is very anoying when you have a big colony click colonist by colonist to change his/her job...

I thought about "zone" type menu, but it has it's drawbacks too. I'll stick to this type for now to see how it goes.

Florius

I agree on your first point. I just hope people are not too lazy to create the presets and then don't download your mod. Just trying to help and give idea's :)

NihilRex

I was just complaining about this on stream last week!

Thanks!

Wivex

Quote from: Florius on September 07, 2015, 05:48:08 PM
I agree on your first point. I just hope people are not too lazy to create the presets and then don't download your mod. Just trying to help and give idea's :)

That's a good point. I appretiate any feedback.

Kairo

Hi  :)

That's an interesting mod, i give it a try.

Has anybody tested it with "Mending" mod (repairing clothes/weapons https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10908.180) and if it's compatible ?

Florius

Quote from: Kairo on September 07, 2015, 06:07:37 PM

Has anybody tested it with "Mending" mod (repairing clothes/weapons https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10908.180) and if it's compatible ?

Since Alpha 12 that isn't needed anymore since you can add the minimal required skill in the bill.
And the mod itself is not updated to Alpha 12...

Kairo

Quote from: Florius on September 07, 2015, 06:16:48 PM
Quote from: Kairo on September 07, 2015, 06:07:37 PM

Since Alpha 12 that isn't needed anymore since you can add the minimal required skill in the bill.
And the mod itself is not updated to Alpha 12...

Yes, you're right, u can select the minimal crafting skill for quality but i think it still needs repair sometimes and Skyarkhangel updated Mending mod for A12 (and compatible with A12D of course).

Anyway, i have just tested it quickly and the new job is in the Work Presets  :). Ill keep an eye on it if it works during a longer playthrough.

Thanks for this mod.

AHare

Love the idea. Few issues have popped up after installing though:
- Some pawns are not following the work priorities I set for them. My researcher is prioritizing hauling (at 3) over research (1).
- No one is sleeping in their beds! They crash on the floor instead.

Fluffy (l2032)

Florius

Quote from: AHare on September 07, 2015, 07:48:26 PM
- Some pawns are not following the work priorities I set for them. My researcher is prioritizing hauling (at 3) over research (1).

Not sure if that last one is caused by the mod, seems a little odd. Are you sure they can access the area, (unrestricted)? And are the beds assigned to the colonists?

AHare

Quote from: Florius on September 07, 2015, 07:57:23 PM
Quote from: AHare on September 07, 2015, 07:48:26 PM

Not sure if that last one is caused by the mod, seems a little odd. Are you sure they can access the area, (unrestricted)? And are the beds assigned to the colonists?
Yes and yes. Three nights and none of them will head to bed.

utai

i have been dying for this mod, thank you!!

TheGentlmen

OOOO... must use...

--GENERIC COMMENT--