[A13] [GUI] Enhanced Tabs || NEW WORK TAB BETA!

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 07, 2015, 07:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you prefer animals and work tabs to be split into two mods?

Yes, and I'm fine if that means I have to install a third common dependency mod.
65 (27.1%)
Yes, but I don't want to have to deal with a third dependency mod
50 (20.8%)
No, it's fine as it is
125 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 240

Fluffy (l2032)

Work Tab

• Sorting by average skill for a job. Select the best Pawn for the job!
  • Copy/Paste functionality for priorities.
  • Increase/decrease priority of a job for all colonists.
  • Drag jobs on/off in the simplified view.
  • Change overall priority of worktypes (e.g. cooking, animal handling) and workgivers (e.g. shearing, milking, taming).

Animals Tab

• Gender and lifestage icons on the animals tab. Easily keep track of your chickenfarm!
  • Butchery and training designation right from the animals tab.
  • Filter animals by race, gender, reproductive ability, training, milkable, shearable, pregnacy and old age.
  • Sort by name, gender, lifestage/age, and bodysize (meat).
  • Rename (named) pets. Don't like the name Buttercup for your Warg? Change it!
How does it work?

• Everything has a tooltip, and should hopefully be a smooth enhancement of the core experience.
  • Click on column headers to sort by that column, click again to reverse order.
  • Headers on designator columns (butchery and training) can be shift-clicked to (un)designate all animals in the list.
  • Race filters are a simple toggle, either show a race or not. Attribute have three states, ignore the attribute, select only animals with this attribute, or exclude animals with this attribute. All filters can be mixed and matched.
  • Work priority copy button copies the pawn's work priorities, ignoring jobs he's incapable of. Clicking the paste button on another pawn pastes the original pawns settings over, leaving priorities that the original pawn was incapable of untouched.
  • Shift-clicking job headers increments priorities by one (left click), or decrements them (right click). In the simple view, repeated clicks toggle the jobs.
  • In the simple view, you can now drag over jobs to enable them (left mouse button), or disable them (right mouse button).
  • The priorities detail window (found in the work tab) allows you to reorder priorities. These global priorities are still affected by pawn specific work priorities, and some jobs always take precedence ("emergency" jobs, e.g. fire extinguishing).

• Entirely save compatible, although you may get a single warning when adding to an ongoing game. This does not affect the mod or the save game.
  • Incompatible with other mods that change the work or animals tab (e.g. EdB's Interface and Wivex's Work Presets) - in so far as only one can be shown. If you prefer another mod's tab, simply load it after this one. As long as it respects namespaces (it should!), both should work fine.

• For example, if you prefer Wivex's Work Presets work view, but also want to have my animals tab, load my mod first, and then Wivex's.
    • If you want the Pawnbar that EdB's interface provides, but want my tabs, load EdB first, then my mod. I intend to allow filtering by Squad for people who have EdB's interface enabled so that you can seamlessly use my tabs with squadron support, once that mod hits a stable state.
  • Will likely break with mods that introduce genders other than male, female or other. (I'm not aware of any, which is - quite frankly - a sad state of affairs.)
  • I've tried to gracefully fail with animals that have more than three life stages (will show a questionmark, but again, not aware of any core or modded animals that have more than three.)

• External changes to the pawn list aren't immediately reflected - the pawn list will update every 5 seconds.
  • I've only had very little time to test - expect some obscure bugs, and please report them through the github issue tracker.

Latest release | all releases | GitHub repository

There's also a BETA version available of the next version of the work tab;
download | overview (youtube)

Latta - Help with reflection to make the training progress indicators work, translation support, Korean translation.

0.13.0.1 - Updated for A13.
A12d.5e - Slightly improved tooltips in priority changer window.
A12d.5d - Fixed some outstanding issues; periodic updates of the pawn list to track external changes, allow clicking to work in the simple view.
A12d.5c - Settings are now properly saved when the mod is enabled/updated in existing games.
A12d.5b - Tooltip for priority reset button.
A12d.5a - Change worktype and workgiver priorities.
A12d.4h - Added old and pregnant filters, general refactoring and code cleanup.
A12d.4g - Added vanilla sort option. Right click the name column header to sort the work tab in the same way as the restrictions and outfit tabs.
A12d.4f - Added sticky filter dialog option, when enabled the filter window will always open with the animals tab, and remember it's location.
A12d.4e - Training progress indicators (yay!), translatable strings, translation to Korean. All credits got to Latta.
A12d.4d - Correct fix for mass training designator.
A12d.4c - Faulty fix for mass training designator.
A12d.4b - Training designator, milk and wool filters.
A12d.4a - Mass slaughter, quick filter.
A12d.4 - Filter functionality.
A12d.3a - New (core) icons for copy/paste, sort by gender now sorts by pawnkind first.
A12d.3 - Work tab stuff (order, copy/paste, column ops)
A12d.2 - added slaughter (and rename? can't remember)
A12d.1 - initial release

The license for all my mods can be found here.

Sinoptick

harpo99999

so needed, whydid tynan not do this already???

Fluffy (l2032)

Slaughter designator is something I'm thinking about doing tomorrow, training... maybe, not sure how to make that compact enough to fit well.

Florius

l2032, you just made another awesome mod!! :)

Senacharim

Thank you!  I look forward to this functionality being included in the core game.

:- )

StorymasterQ

Better if the Male and Female symbols have color as well, just to differentiate them even more quickly :)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Tekuromoto

Looks pretty sweet. Is there any chance of adding a way to rename the critters?

FridayBiology

Awesome work mate. Same as Tekuromoto renaming would be nice though not needed.

Using it for my current letsplay and will let you know if it has issues with other animal mods.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Wivex

Good job. Since more and more UI mods start to show up, could you add [GUI] tag to your forum thread title for easier navigation? Those mods really need categorization.

Not sure I'll use your work priorities tab, but this one I definitely will.

Looks great and such a subtle thing should make things easier too.

Edit:  Doing too many things at once, got wires (modders) crossed.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.