[A13] [GUI] Enhanced Tabs || NEW WORK TAB BETA!

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 07, 2015, 07:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you prefer animals and work tabs to be split into two mods?

Yes, and I'm fine if that means I have to install a third common dependency mod.
65 (27.1%)
Yes, but I don't want to have to deal with a third dependency mod
50 (20.8%)
No, it's fine as it is
125 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 240

RookE5

Hi, sorry, seems I'm too dumb to handle it. On Github it says
Quoteput the EnhancedAnimalsTab folder in your mods folder (NOT RW_EnhancedAnimalsTab_v12d.x)
but all I see is the "RW_EnhancedAnimalsTab_v12d" folder. What should I do?

Dragoon

Awesome This mod is very useful if I combine with the interface mod (not yet updated) I shall be very organized :D.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: RookE5 on September 08, 2015, 01:21:44 PM
Hi, sorry, seems I'm too dumb to handle it. On Github it says
Quoteput the EnhancedAnimalsTab folder in your mods folder (NOT RW_EnhancedAnimalsTab_v12d.x)
but all I see is the "RW_EnhancedAnimalsTab_v12d" folder. What should I do?
Open it :). The folder you want is inside. But download the latest version first, it's much better!

Fluffy (l2032)

Lopsided Leo released!
(or version 2 if you're not into codenames)

Download link on the front page

- sorting by named -> name, gender, lifestage -> age, and slaughterdesignation -> bodysize (meat)
(x -> y mean sort by x first, then by y. Click twice to reverse sort order.)
- set slaughter designations right from the animals tab
- rename pets by right-clicking their name on the animals tab (only for animals that already have a 'real' name, it's just meant to change crappy RNG names.

Fluffy (l2032)

It's come to my attention that my mod may be incompatible with EdB's UI mod. I don't have time to investigate at the moment, but it might be that reversing to the previous version works. You can download old releases by following the download link on the front page, and then delete the '/latest' bit from the URL. Then scroll down and get the previous version.

(Or, you know, just use mine! :P)

I will look into making it compatible with EdB's tomorrow.

edit; seems it should be working fine. Yay!

Tekuromoto

Quote from: l2032 on September 08, 2015, 06:22:42 PM
It's come to my attention that my mod may be incompatible with EdB's UI mod.
The latest versions of each seem to be playing nicely together. I think it's just Work Presets that's wonky, unfortunately.

Will there be a way to rename wild-caught/self-tamed animals in the future do you think? I'd hate for my warmuffalos to always be known as Muffalo 1 and Muffalo 2.  :D

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 08, 2015, 06:56:02 PM
Will there be a way to rename wild-caught/self-tamed animals in the future do you think? I'd hate for my warmuffalos to always be known as Muffalo 1 and Muffalo 2.  :D
Yeah, let them into your colony and snuggle them to death? :P

I left the option out on purpose, felt like it'ld be too 'easy', so that's why the restriction is there. There's no other technical restriction as far as I can see. Should I add the option?

Fluffy (l2032)

Major update; the mod is now called Enhanced Tabs, and includes the Animals and Work tabs. See the updated front page!

edit: Literally just noticed the restrictions tab already had copy/paste, which is awesome. I'm going to nick Tynan's icons for the work tab tomorrow.

Match

What mod order are you using with EdB? I can't seem to get it to work.

WHiZ

can you please make sort by gender sort by animal type first... having a chicken farm and dogs or alpacas dispersed in my list makes the mod not very useful when i can accidentally click to kill my dogs.. would be much easier to manage animal populations knowing you can just click down a male line of chickens

zandadoum

i like where you're going with the animal tab. i am looking for a mod with this features, maybe you can implement it in a future version?

1) include the current training into the animal tab, so i can click what i want to train right here. maybe also a "click here to select all" for each cathegory (obedience, haul, etc.) so i don't need to click one by one

2) allowed area presets. so i can move all my 100 animals from one zone to another and back without having to do one by one (i know you can slide the mouse down the screen, but still...)

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: l2032 on September 09, 2015, 05:36:27 PM
Literally just noticed the restrictions tab already had copy/paste, which is awesome. I'm going to nick Tynan's icons for the work tab tomorrow.
Done, now uses core copy/paste buttons (still looks a bit different, buttons are slightly smaller, and I have a cancel button.)

Quote from: Match on September 09, 2015, 07:45:36 PM
What mod order are you using with EdB? I can't seem to get it to work.
I load EdB first, but it should be irrelevant, as far as I can see we don't edit the same things. That said, I am using an outdated version of EdB's interface as the latest was taken down due to some bugs.

Quote from: WHiZ on September 09, 2015, 11:24:41 PM
can you please make sort by gender sort by animal type first... having a chicken farm and dogs or alpacas dispersed in my list makes the mod not very useful when i can accidentally click to kill my dogs.. would be much easier to manage animal populations knowing you can just click down a male line of chickens
Good suggestion, implemented.

Quote from: zandadoum on September 10, 2015, 03:01:02 AM
i like where you're going with the animal tab. i am looking for a mod with this features, maybe you can implement it in a future version?

1) include the current training into the animal tab, so i can click what i want to train right here. maybe also a "click here to select all" for each cathegory (obedience, haul, etc.) so i don't need to click one by one

2) allowed area presets. so i can move all my 100 animals from one zone to another and back without having to do one by one (i know you can slide the mouse down the screen, but still...)
1) I thought about it before, but I wasn't able to think of a good way not to make it feel cluttered. I'll think about it some more!
2) Definitely, that's a great suggestion. I'll look into it tonight!

There's a new minor release on github with the above changed, get it with the link on the front page.

bewby

Thanks for this. I do, however, hope you plan on implementing a similar style of Work tab as Work Presets, I really enjoyed being able to make presets. Copy and Paste is nice, but having something that carries over into other games would be nice.

Wivex

Quote from: bewby on September 10, 2015, 02:04:23 PM
Thanks for this. I do, however, hope you plan on implementing a similar style of Work tab as Work Presets, I really enjoyed being able to make presets. Copy and Paste is nice, but having something that carries over into other games would be nice.

Work Presets could be carried to other games only if you make them in one game, save and start another without closing the game due to a bug (static class mechanic in coding actually, but it's not important). I doubt there is a way (rather than making a mod to create it's own save files) to carry some data between worlds, because all save files (where presets, outfits, etc. are stored) are made for the current world.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Wivex on September 10, 2015, 04:09:19 PM
Work Presets could be carried to other games only if you make them in one game, save and start another without closing the game due to a bug (static class mechanic in coding actually, but it's not important). I doubt there is a way (rather than making a mod to create it's own save files) to carry some data between worlds, because all save files (where presets, outfits, etc. are stored) are made for the current world.
Did you look at the XmlLoader/XmlSaver wivex? Looks like that should be able to store files in arbitrary locations...

Updates on the animals tab;
Columnheaders of the area restrictions now allow you to restrict all animals in the list to that area.
Rudimentary (but working) filter system.

I haven't released yet, the filter system is still very rough around the edges, but if you want to take a look, feel free to grab the current snapshot from https://github.com/Karel-Kroeze/RW_EnhancedTabs, there's a download source zip button on the bottom right. It runs perfectly fine, there's some adjusting to the look and feel as well as some buttons that need to be implemented and/or cleaned up.

edit; here's a screenshot

It looks atrocious, I'll fix that tomorrow. Open the filter interface with the area manager button on the animals tab (I'm lazy). It'll get it's own buttons for filters and such, as well as a button on the animals tab soon. You can still get to the area manager through the restrictions tab.