[A13] [GUI] Enhanced Tabs || NEW WORK TAB BETA!

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 07, 2015, 07:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you prefer animals and work tabs to be split into two mods?

Yes, and I'm fine if that means I have to install a third common dependency mod.
65 (27.1%)
Yes, but I don't want to have to deal with a third dependency mod
50 (20.8%)
No, it's fine as it is
125 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 240

MultiDavid

Quote from: DestroyX on September 08, 2015, 11:13:11 AM
Quote from: l2032 on September 07, 2015, 07:15:05 PM

Will likely break with mods that introduce genders other than male, female or other.

I got the reference !

( its so usefull being able to see my animals tab better now )

so basically, if a squirrel sexually identifies as an attack helicopter, it breaks the game?
tumblr wouldnt approve this mod :D

seriously tho, thank you for the mod, it makes managing animals sooo much easier!

Wivex

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on September 10, 2015, 07:48:24 PM
Did you look at the XmlLoader/XmlSaver wivex? Looks like that should be able to store files in arbitrary locations...

That means creating "mod save file" as i mentioned before. It can be done, but don't really want to do that because:

• It's something i've never worked with and will require considerable amount of time to implement, which i don't have now.
  • Saving work presets in one world and starting the new one with a mod that adds any new job will make you to change every preset anyway, and might cause compatibility issues like critical errors.

zandadoum

Quote from: Wivex on September 10, 2015, 04:09:19 PM
Work Presets could be carried to other games only if you make them in one game, save and start another without closing the game due to a bug (static class mechanic in coding actually, but it's not important). I doubt there is a way (rather than making a mod to create it's own save files) to carry some data between worlds, because all save files (where presets, outfits, etc. are stored) are made for the current world.
i am no modder, but edb prepare carefully has carried over my presets from many alphas ago, into every new game and version... so it should be possible somehow?

Fluffy (l2032)

Oh it's possible, it's just a lot of work for a relatively minor feature. By the way, we should probably take this discussion over to Wivex's mod, it's not particularly relevant here.

Fluffy (l2032)

Ok, filters for the animals tab are done;

The filters pop-up thingy is draggable and doesn't normally spawn over the lits by the way, just put it there to not make the screenschot too big. It also pauses the game while open.

I'm thinking about adding a quick filter dropdown to quickly filter by one race by rightclicking the filter button, but that's for later.

Get it with the link on the front page!

zandadoum

havent tested this mod yet, will this ultimately allow me to have a preset for my 100 animals like "preset 1 - normal" and another preset like "preset 2 - raid incomming" so with one click i can change all my animal zones everytime i get raided (which is quite often)? i don't mind if this preset only works in the current colony. it would save me A LOT of work. i am currently thinking on just killing all my animals becuase it's such a huge pain in the ass getting them to a safe zone everytime i get raided.

Fluffy (l2032)

There's no presets, but you can assign all animals in the list to an area by just clicking the area name above the list. (the column header). Since you can filter the list this allows you to easily put all your pets indoors, and all your attack wargs in the raider path (for example).

I'm trying to keep as close as possible to the core tab, while providing extra utility where I can. There's a few extra bits (extra info columns, very much needed, and the filter button), but I don't want to add too much.

Also, the latest snapshot on github has a mass slaughter assignment, and I just realised I need to add filter options for milkable / shearable. That, and an attempt at a training designator is coming soon.

WHiZ

the new filters make everything so much easier.. along with the assign all with a header click.. thanks!

zandadoum

ok, finally got to test the mod, and liking it.

like i mentione dbefore, it would be super useful to manage training from this very screen

this are my ideas:

to have it as little cluttered as possible i would suggest just add 4 tiny icons/columns right before the areas

title it: O/R/R/H which would mean obedience, release and rescue (could display a tooltip with long title name when hovering over it)
the content of the columns below would be

either the red X meaning it isnt training this or the green OK meaning it is training
something like "V/X/X/V" (V being the ok symbol)

when hovering the mouse over one of the Vs, it could display a tooltip with the exact name and level of the skill
"Hauling: 5/8"

then ofc, the important thing would be able to change the training right from the main list. only remember (so it doesnt bug out) that when you enable anything under obedience, obedience needs to automatically enable itself as it's a mandatory skill before doing the rest.

i hope i explained my self properly and i hope you like these ideas and that they are possible.

Tekuromoto

Love the mod, and it's working great alongside EdB UI beta.

One note though: on the github it admonishes the downloader to "be sure to put the EnhancedTabs folder in your mods folder, not the EnhancedTabs_v12d.x folder it's nested in." But there isn't - and I don't think ever has been - an EnhancedTabs subfolder. It's just the Defs, Assemblies etc folders in the root of the archive. Just FYI.  ;)

Loki88

This may or may not belong in here but I figure it kinda fits so I may as well ask. Could there potentially be an extra bit of functionality added for "allowed animal food" I'm getting tired of my critters eating colonist meals over their hay. I know its fixableish with allowed areas but there always seems to be incidents where one just goes "F it" and eats a lavish meal I'd been saving for a cranky colonist...

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Tekuromoto on September 11, 2015, 09:43:21 PM
Love the mod, and it's working great alongside EdB UI beta.

One note though: on the github it admonishes the downloader to "be sure to put the EnhancedTabs folder in your mods folder, not the EnhancedTabs_v12d.x folder it's nested in." But there isn't - and I don't think ever has been - an EnhancedTabs subfolder. It's just the Defs, Assemblies etc folders in the root of the archive. Just FYI.  ;)
Yeah, I just realised this myself last night, forgot to fix it. Has to do with the way I store stuff locally (the repos for this and cats are right in the rimworld/mods folder), but I figured I won't need the warning anymore if I keep doing this, which is nice. Now I just need to stop creating new releases so the folder name stays the same.

Quote from: WHiZ on September 11, 2015, 05:02:22 PM
the new filters make everything so much easier.. along with the assign all with a header click.. thanks!
Glad to hear you like it!

Quote from: zandadoum on September 11, 2015, 08:02:50 PM
ok, finally got to test the mod, and liking it.
Good! Thats what I made it for :P

Quote from: zandadoum on September 11, 2015, 08:02:50 PM
like i mentione dbefore, it would be super useful to manage training from this very screen

*snip*

i hope i explained my self properly and i hope you like these ideas and that they are possible.
There's just a lot of information that needs to be logically crammed into a small square ;). Currently I'm thinking no icon if its not trained, green checkmark if its fully trained, and grey checkmark with a green progress bar fill when it's training. Mouseclick would toggle training that skill, and, if necessary, prerequisite skills. Tooltip with full progress indicator.

Update; forgot to actually release some changes I made yesterday. There's now a quick filter option (right click the filter button) , and a mass designate slaughter option (shift click slaughter header)

Fluffy (l2032)

Updated with training designator and some additional filter options.

Annoyingly, I can't do the little progress bar I wanted to do on training, there's some limitations with the game code (see here).

Download from front page, the folder has a funky name with a version number in it (github does that, and I'm too lazy to fix it), make sure to delete the old version!

Tekuromoto

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on September 12, 2015, 05:34:42 AM
Yeah, I just realised this myself last night, forgot to fix it. Has to do with the way I store stuff locally (the repos for this and cats are right in the rimworld/mods folder), but I figured I won't need the warning anymore if I keep doing this, which is nice. Now I just need to stop creating new releases so the folder name stays the same.
I just delete the current contents of my mods\EnhancedTabs folder and copy about, defs, assemblies, and textures over from the archive. That way the mod name stays the same and RW doesn't throw errors about the modlist changing. So far anyhow...  ;)

Thanks again for this, btw. It's super.

zandadoum

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on September 13, 2015, 05:59:31 PM
Updated with training designator and some additional filter options.

Annoyingly, I can't do the little progress bar I wanted to do on training, there's some limitations with the game code (see here).

Download from front page, the folder has a funky name with a version number in it (github does that, and I'm too lazy to fix it), make sure to delete the old version!

absolutely brilliant with the training addition.

this is a MUST have for anyone who has some animals, specially if you have whole farms with 100+

so, the progress bar can't be done... but maybe you can make it so when you move the cursor over a progressing training icon, the tooltip could display "5/8" in text?

i have another request for you:
can you make it so the filter window stays always at the same position and has a option to "stick" it, so it always opens when opening the animal panel?