[A13] [GUI] Enhanced Tabs || NEW WORK TAB BETA!

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 07, 2015, 07:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you prefer animals and work tabs to be split into two mods?

Yes, and I'm fine if that means I have to install a third common dependency mod.
65 (27.1%)
Yes, but I don't want to have to deal with a third dependency mod
50 (20.8%)
No, it's fine as it is
125 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 240

Fluffy (l2032)

Just a heads up and shameless self-plug; there's a new mod here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.msg171785#msg171785 which I think users of this one might enjoy.

Why didn't I wrap it into this one?
Because I want to keep it slightly modular, there's already a complete overhaul mod (EdB), the more I do in this, the more potential conflicts there are. This way, you can pick and choose.

Why don't you put a modlist with various tabs here?
Because I'm lazy.

TLHeart

The sort option sounds good, but that puts my new recruits in funny places, and NOT consistent across all three work tabs to set up a new colonist.  Get new recruit, I need to set up their work schedule, their restriction schedule, and their outfits.... and not having them in the same location across all 3 tabs is troublesome.  Especially on larger colonies where I have the same name multiple times.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: TLHeart on September 17, 2015, 04:14:45 PM
The sort option sounds good, but that puts my new recruits in funny places, and NOT consistent across all three work tabs to set up a new colonist.  Get new recruit, I need to set up their work schedule, their restriction schedule, and their outfits.... and not having them in the same location across all 3 tabs is troublesome.  Especially on larger colonies where I have the same name multiple times.
Good point, slight oversight on my side. Didn't think anyone would care about the vanilla sort order, but then again I'ld probably be annoyed by this too ;)

I've added a vanilla sort order option, right click the name column header to get it.

TLHeart

Falcon24

This mod has become a part of my core group of mods! Can't wait to see what future plans you have! :)
I do have a bug report though. Anytime the mod load order changes (including adding a new mod) after having loaded a colony, the icons in the Animals tab disappear. Restarting RimWorld fixes this. This occurred with the latest version of the mod (just downloaded it) and was consistently reproduced. Changing the order or adding mods before loading a colony doesn't have this issue. Thanks!

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Falcon24 on September 19, 2015, 04:43:13 PM
This mod has become a part of my core group of mods! Can't wait to see what future plans you have! :)
I do have a bug report though. Anytime the mod load order changes (including adding a new mod) after having loaded a colony, the icons in the Animals tab disappear. Restarting RimWorld fixes this. This occurred with the latest version of the mod (just downloaded it) and was consistently reproduced. Changing the order or adding mods before loading a colony doesn't have this issue. Thanks!
That is really odd. I'll look into it!

Fluffy (l2032)

After not finding any reason why this should happen, I consulted my modding overlords (the people on the modding slack). Their response:

Known issue fluffy, opening the mod menu makes weird things happen

and

Why do people insist on even loading the mod screen if they dont feel like restarting RW

So I'm putting this one down as core behaviour, if it bothers you too much you should probably bug Tynan about it ;).

Falcon24

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on September 19, 2015, 05:07:51 PM
After not finding any reason why this should happen, I consulted my modding overlords (the people on the modding slack). Their response:

Known issue fluffy, opening the mod menu makes weird things happen

and

Why do people insist on even loading the mod screen if they dont feel like restarting RW

So I'm putting this one down as core behaviour, if it bothers you too much you should probably bug Tynan about it ;).

Haha, fair enough. Thanks for looking into it!  :)

fizzboy

It would be nice if, in the Animals tab, one could see in the tooltip for each animal what their health info was. I like skipping over the animals that are pregnant when butchering pigs/cows/etc. en masse or specifically finding the old alpacas that have dementia and culling them.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: fizzboy on October 04, 2015, 09:03:49 PM
It would be nice if, in the Animals tab, one could see in the tooltip for each animal what their health info was. I like skipping over the animals that are pregnant when butchering pigs/cows/etc. en masse or specifically finding the old alpacas that have dementia and culling them.
Sounds good, I'll look into adding some health information. Will also make a pregnant filter, can't believe I didn't think of that the first time around...

Thanks for the feedback!

skullywag

Does the lifestage column sort by actual age. Or does it just group them by lifestage? Or an easy workaround can we have age show in the tooltip when hovering the lifestage icon? As raised above im finding it fidly to work out what to cull.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Fluffy (l2032)

it goes by lifestage and then age, IIRC, will add some more options/info.

Fluffy (l2032)

Updated with pregnancy and 'old age' filters, pregnancy should start filtering the moment the game tells you the animal is pregnant (which I've been told is at about 1/3 of the pregnancy progress, do let me know if this doesn't work - I'm not 100% sure I did it correctly.

Old age is defined as being over 90% of the race's defined life expectancy.

As a final tweak, the lifestage tooltip in the animals tab now shows it's age in years, so you can confirm the sorting is actually working (sorts by lifestage, then age).

Took a bit longer than I planned since I pretty much redid the entire filter coding, the old one was getting out of hand with too many 'manual' filters. Should be much easier to maintain and expand now, which is always good!

fizzboy

Fluffy (l2032)

I've added a button to the work tab that opens a dialog that allows you to change worktype and workgiver priorities:

Disclaimer;
Some jobs are always performed first, these are hardcoded "emergency" jobs (e.g. extinguishing fires).
Worktype (e.g. cooking, construnction, hauling) priorities can only be changed globally, the pawn specific priorities (1-4) still apply.
Workgivers (the jobs within a type, e.g. milk, shear, tame, etc. in the animal handling work type) priorities' can be changed, but all workgivers in a worktype always remain 'next' to eachother (e.g. it is not possible to put milking (handling) first, then construction, then other handling jobs).
It is quite possible to grind your colony to a halt by recklessly changing priorities, so be careful!