[A13] [GUI] Enhanced Tabs || NEW WORK TAB BETA!

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 07, 2015, 07:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you prefer animals and work tabs to be split into two mods?

Yes, and I'm fine if that means I have to install a third common dependency mod.
65 (27.1%)
Yes, but I don't want to have to deal with a third dependency mod
50 (20.8%)
No, it's fine as it is
125 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 240

joaonunes

Quote from: pestilenz on May 17, 2016, 11:14:35 AM
I love the new tabs, great addition!

I had to edit the ModHelperDef to <minCCLVersion>0.13.1</minCCLVersion>
get it working with CR.
An error still appears, but not while loading CCL.

Just noticed that stats won't get saved or loaded, tried the numerical vanilla and extended settings. All numbers get reverted to 3 on loading.

Thanks, that fixed my problem :D
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: pestilenz on May 17, 2016, 11:14:35 AM
I love the new tabs, great addition!

I had to edit the ModHelperDef to <minCCLVersion>0.13.1</minCCLVersion>
get it working with CR.
An error still appears, but not while loading CCL.

Just noticed that stats won't get saved or loaded, tried the numerical vanilla and extended settings. All numbers get reverted to 3 on loading.
Yep, that was my mistake. I was working with a pre-release version of CCL, it's not actually required though - I've now set the required version to 13.1.1 in the release of this mod. That should fix some of the weird incompatibilities with other mods.

As for the not saving settings - it should do that! Can you provide some more information? For example, did you add the mod to an existing game? (note that this should work, but it may give some context). Also, can i have your save file? Pwetty pwease?

Fluffy (l2032)

Just a quick note; I've updated the release, changed the CCL requirement.

It works fine on my end, no issues with CR or Numbers!, and it saves/loads fine (although I haven't tried adding it to an existing game, it should handle that just fine.)

Fluffy (l2032)

Hi pestilenz, thanks! That helps a lot, now I know what I'm looking for. Admittedly, I had only tested loading after booting the game, not while already in a game. I did notice some funkiness with favourites when starting a new game without quitting the game first, I suspect it's probably related.

On a side note, the mod list isn't terribly useful, save files and output_logs (in case of errors, which you're not getting, right?) are where the real data is at ;).

joaonunes

Anyone else had a problem where I set someone to mine/construct/doctor/etc but when I try to force the pawn to actually do that kind of job the game just states that "NAME is not a X"? Same load order as before, havent updated to the new version although I changed the CCL version on the xml to "work" correctly.
Am I missing anything?

Edit: I have installed more mods, but the problem already existed before, just never gave much importance because my colony was a mess...

New mods are extended storage(skullywag), smart bears and tilled soil, should make no difference I guess...

Fluffy (l2032)

hmm, yeah, that sounds like it's this mod. I take the 'storage' of priorities away from vanilla, but I think the code for the right click menu might still be trying to reference the 'old' storage. I'll look into it.

onearchitype

Quote from: joaonunes on May 18, 2016, 05:21:55 PM
Anyone else had a problem where I set someone to mine/construct/doctor/etc but when I try to force the pawn to actually do that kind of job the game just states that "NAME is not a X"? Same load order as before, havent updated to the new version although I changed the CCL version on the xml to "work" correctly.
Am I missing anything?

Edit: I have installed more mods, but the problem already existed before, just never gave much importance because my colony was a mess...

New mods are extended storage(skullywag), smart bears and tilled soil, should make no difference I guess...

Yes, I have had the same problem. At first I thought there was an incompatibility with Fish Industry. Now I will wait for the update. Love the concept of the mod.

joaonunes

Quote from: onearchitype on May 19, 2016, 06:18:33 AM

Yes, I have had the same problem. At first I thought there was an incompatibility with Fish Industry. Now I will wait for the update. Love the concept of the mod.

Read the post above yours :)

m33n

[quoute] ...."force the pawn to actually do that kind of job the game just states that "NAME is not a X" [/quote]
Please check if the pawn had that job assigned in vanilla WORK tabs. I found a workaround - checked all the jobs for every pawn in vanilla tab and then started changing priorities in fluffy tabs. Seems to work for me - but it takes some time for game to catch up with changes.

What I also realized is that vanilla priorities are "more importand" than Fluffys - but I might be wrong.

joaonunes

Quote from: m33n on May 19, 2016, 09:51:53 AM
...."force the pawn to actually do that kind of job the game just states that "NAME is not a X"
Please check if the pawn had that job assigned in vanilla WORK tabs. I found a workaround - checked all the jobs for every pawn in vanilla tab and then started changing priorities in fluffy tabs. Seems to work for me - but it takes some time for game to catch up with changes.

What I also realized is that vanilla priorities are "more importand" than Fluffys - but I might be wrong.

You mean I set up the priorities with the mod disabled and then enable the Fluffy's Work tab? I'm not using the alternative work tab view (the one with tons of jobs), i'm using the default one, not even ordering by number priority, just plain box checks.

joaonunes

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 19, 2016, 02:43:54 AM
hmm, yeah, that sounds like it's this mod. I take the 'storage' of priorities away from vanilla, but I think the code for the right click menu might still be trying to reference the 'old' storage. I'll look into it.

I don't know much about modding but would it be possible to force the game to use your jobs "storage" instead of the vanilla's? I'd guess that if the game just uses the vanilla "storage" all the jobs available in your work tab would be ignored, just like it is happening right now...

Continuing the previous line of thought, would forcing your "storage" create any kind of incompatibility with other mods that also affect jobs?

m33n

Quote from: joaonunes on May 19, 2016, 10:47:03 AM
You mean I set up the priorities with the mod disabled and then enable the Fluffy's Work tab? I'm not using the alternative work tab view (the one with tons of jobs), i'm using the default one, not even ordering by number priority, just plain box checks.

Sorry then, I missed that one.

@Fluffy are the work priorities supposed to be stored in game save? (both vanilla and enahnced df-style). It doesn't work for me (sorry if the question is already asked before).

Fluffy (l2032)

The game keeps track of a list of work each pawn should do, in order of the priorities you set. This list is what is edited by the mod. The problem, probably - I haven't had time to look yet, is that the right click context menu doesn't look at this list, it looks in the vanilla priorities. This is something completely separate, and something that I normally bypass.

So yes, theoretically enabling everything in the vanilla work tab, and then loading this mod will work to 'fix' the right click menu. It's not exactly ideal however. I'm not sure why you'd think vanilla priorities 'override' mine for normal pawn 'AI' work - they certainly do not. In fact, they're completely ignored.

Priorities should be saved between games (it is if you load 'fresh', e.g. load after starting RW. If you load a game after having previously had a game open, it currently seems to not work). THis is a bug I'm going to look into soon(tm).

m33n

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 19, 2016, 03:25:43 PM
I'm not sure why you'd think vanilla priorities 'override' mine for normal pawn 'AI' work - they certainly do not. In fact, they're completely ignored.

As I said I might be wrong :D Thanks for answer though.

Zokora

Hello Fluffy.
I stumbled over your video from the fluffy tabs v13.0.1.0 and with the relation mod this was the reason that i started to want to play with mods :-)
i love it that one can see the mood and the current performed job at one glance.

First it was hard to find the download link for the latest version as i used initially the link on page 1.. but after searching the comments  i found the correct link.
Could you please add this link to the mod description on page 1?
As i haven't had any mod before i had to struggle to find that you need CCL for this mod as it is not described in the mod description on page 1, so please include this dependency on page 1 too.

I am using CCL version v0.13.1.2 now
and found some issues.

When i change the work setting on the view, with priority numbers, alike the vanilla version. This is not transfered into the detailed view.
and the pawns are only using the settings as they are in the detailed view.
Am i correct that is based on this:

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 19, 2016, 03:25:43 PM
I'm not sure why you'd think vanilla priorities 'override' mine for normal pawn 'AI' work - they certainly do not. In fact, they're completely ignored.

This mean you have to use the detailed view to set any working priority ?
According your video i had the impression that i could use both.
I would be happy to use the vanilla view to assign the working priorities.

An other issue i noticed is that the regular priority order: left is highest priority and on the right is the lowest priority is switched.
So highest priority is on the right side and the lowest on the left.
I understood that this general priority rule is used to define which work is choosen next.
But this would mean that firefighting will be choosen as last option.

Please see the attached screenshots.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]