[A13] [GUI] Enhanced Tabs || NEW WORK TAB BETA!

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 07, 2015, 07:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you prefer animals and work tabs to be split into two mods?

Yes, and I'm fine if that means I have to install a third common dependency mod.
65 (27.1%)
Yes, but I don't want to have to deal with a third dependency mod
50 (20.8%)
No, it's fine as it is
125 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 240

joaonunes

Quote from: Zokora on May 20, 2016, 04:45:48 PM
Hello Fluffy.
I stumbled over your video from the fluffy tabs v13.0.1.0 and with the relation mod this was the reason that i started to want to play with mods :-)
i love it that one can see the mood and the current performed job at one glance.

First it was hard to find the download link for the latest version as i used initially the link on page 1.. but after searching the comments  i found the correct link.
Could you please add this link to the mod description on page 1?
As i haven't had any mod before i had to struggle to find that you need CCL for this mod as it is not described in the mod description on page 1, so please include this dependency on page 1 too.

I am using CCL version v0.13.1.2 now
and found some issues.

When i change the work setting on the view, with priority numbers, alike the vanilla version. This is not transfered into the detailed view.
and the pawns are only using the settings as they are in the detailed view.
Am i correct that is based on this:

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 19, 2016, 03:25:43 PM
I'm not sure why you'd think vanilla priorities 'override' mine for normal pawn 'AI' work - they certainly do not. In fact, they're completely ignored.

This mean you have to use the detailed view to set any working priority ?
According your video i had the impression that i could use both.
I would be happy to use the vanilla view to assign the working priorities.

An other issue i noticed is that the regular priority order: left is highest priority and on the right is the lowest priority is switched.
So highest priority is on the right side and the lowest on the left.
I understood that this general priority rule is used to define which work is choosen next.
But this would mean that firefighting will be choosen as last option.

Please see the attached screenshots.

There has been a "long" discussion relative to that problem, which is the priorities edited on this work tab mod do not apply to the game. Example: I set someone as a doctor but when you try to force him to heal someone a message appears saying he is not a doctor
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Fluffy (l2032)

Hey Zokora, welcome to the wonderful world of mods!

To answer your questions;
The link, and the CCL dependency, are not on the front page because it's still in beta - I need to fix some bugs first.
The priority labels are indeed switched up, thats my bad! The 'default' priority is still as it is in vanilla, from left to right. So if pawns have otherwise equal priorities, firefighting, doctoring, etc. still come far before cleaning.

Some clarification as to what I mean when I say 'vanilla';
With vanilla I mean the work tab if you didn't have my mod installed. So the 'simple' tab looks a lot like vanilla, but it certainly is not! (there's a lot of different code behind it ;)).

The problem that joanunes is referring to, is that the vanilla priorities are still stored in the game, even though you can't edit them anymore (the tab is overridden by my tab). For normal pawn AI, this doesn't matter. I've changed the code so that pawns now look at the priorities set in my tab (whether that is the 'simple' or the 'dwarf fortress' view, both should work fine).
The only place I've found where it does matter, is when you manually right click something to order a pawn to do it. This is a separate piece of code that I had overlooked, and it still points to the vanilla work settings. This is something that I need to fix, and will hopefully do so this weekend.

So just to reiterate; this quote from joaonunes: which is the priorities edited on this work tab mod do not apply to the game. is NOT TRUE. Priorities you set in the tab are followed by pawns, the only thing that doesn't work correctly is the right click menu for direct orders.

(also there's another bug where if you load a game without re-starting rimworld, priorities aren't loaded correctly, but that's another matter. It works with a 'fresh' load after re-starting the game.)

edit: P.S. You're right that currently changes made to the simple view aren't reflected in the detailed view. This is something I will look at, it would be nice if they were synchronised (or at least synchronized from simple to detailed, the other way round might be tricky).

Zokora

😁
Thank you for the clarifications.
So I am starting directly with Betatesting ;-)
Hope I helped you with my comments.

I will wait for the next version of this mod.

joaonunes

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 20, 2016, 05:22:49 PM
The problem that joanunes is referring to, is that the vanilla priorities are still stored in the game, even though you can't edit them anymore (the tab is overridden by my tab). For normal pawn AI, this doesn't matter. I've changed the code so that pawns now look at the priorities set in my tab (whether that is the 'simple' or the 'dwarf fortress' view, both should work fine).
The only place I've found where it does matter, is when you manually right click something to order a pawn to do it. This is a separate piece of code that I had overlooked, and it still points to the vanilla work settings. This is something that I need to fix, and will hopefully do so this weekend.

So just to reiterate; this quote from joaonunes: which is the priorities edited on this work tab mod do not apply to the game. is NOT TRUE. Priorities you set in the tab are followed by pawns, the only thing that doesn't work correctly is the right click menu for direct orders.

(also there's another bug where if you load a game without re-starting rimworld, priorities aren't loaded correctly, but that's another matter. It works with a 'fresh' load after re-starting the game.)

edit: P.S. You're right that currently changes made to the simple view aren't reflected in the detailed view. This is something I will look at, it would be nice if they were synchronised (or at least synchronized from simple to detailed, the other way round might be tricky).

Yeah thats is what I meant, only the right click doesnt work. Sorry if I caused any confusion...

But... Huzaaa!!!! It'll get fixed :D

You should still add the link of the beta tab to rhe main post and tag it with a big red BETA header, I had to save a bookmark with thw github page to the beta tab just so I could download and test new versions without having to go to the 5th or 6th page of this thread... Plus more people could test it?

Fluffy (l2032)

Made some fixes and a slight addition to the new work tab beta;
- fixed priority labels
- fixed right click context menu (detoured pawn.worksettings.GetPriority(), should hopefully fix any other issues that hadn't cropped up yet. For the detailed mode, if any workgiver is enabled, the entire worktype counts as enabled, since vanilla doesn't make this distinction.
- fixed load issue in ongoing game session
- added one-way synch from worktype (simple) to workgiver (detailed) view.

I think (hope) the major bugs are out of the way now, will add the download to the front page.

joaonunes

hwfanatic

Thx. Mouse scroll only working in first 4 rows. WAI?

Fluffy (l2032)

@hwfanatic; nope, sounds like a bug. Mind making a githup issue so I don't forget about it?

Olib

I have the same thing with the scroll wheel not fully working on individual pawns work priorities. In the simple view it is the top three, in the advanced view it is the top 6 (that do work), the rest don't work. Mousing over the whole thing and shift scrolling works for all of them.

Kryc8

Hi fluffy it's my first or second post so please don't send angry squirrels after me :)
I love your mods especially Enhanced tabs mod and fluffy relations mod.
Enhanced tabs mod is easy to use and very helpful but I think how you could improve your beta version before release.
Only thing that is hard to use is schedule and I think that I know how to improve it.
I created this picture to show you what I mean because as you already can see my english isn't perfect ;)

So number 1 represent how schedule look now.

I think that it should be more colorful and use more bright colours like in number 2.

Often when I try to change something I must search through whole schedule to find what I changed.
So I came up with another idea (number 3) to make it more clear by changing colors when you change something in the schedule.

I also came up with another idea to make this more productive. (number 4) So for example when I move mouse over blue zone I can for example click mouse wheel to copy that and then paste it somewhere else by pressing another button. (now cleaning time is at 10 am and 6 pm)

I hope you understood at least half of my post and you know what I meant. ;)
Once again I want to thank you for this mod and I hope that you include or at least try to include my ideas.

Grogfeld

Hey Fluffy!
I was playing with work tabs and new features and have a suggestion. There is too many jobs in detailed priorities mode, I don't say it's bad (It's awesome!!!<triple exclamation mark [that awesome] also triple types of bracket>) but it can be hurtful to manage everything. So here is my suggestion: what do you think about selecting different jobs and then hitting a number on keyboard, or adjusting them with your normal method (mouse wheel or LMB/RMB)?  That way you could select from different pawns different jobs and modify priority numbers easily. It would really cut the time needed to manage all the things. It's just a different method of managing priorities and I thought that it could be hard to add but then: This is Fluffy, he make impossible possible, right? Right! ;)

EDIT: I i forgot about copy/paste priority only for jobs category, not just for whole priority list. That way I could copy preset from my awesome cook to hunter who also can make a decent meals but if I use present preset it would copy every priority for every job, so I have to change other things. Also I can't stop be amazed by the awesomeness of you and your mods!

EDIT 2: Small request. I make that job have two (or more) priorities set depending on time. So my chef has from 8-17 priority 1 and later set I it just on 3 or 4. I would like to see this in tooltip. Now if you have set priority on all hours in the day tooltip has no information. It would be great to see that info.

Falcon24

Hello Fluffy!

Love your mods, and this one is especially great. I've been trying the Beta version, and ran into something i couldn't figure out. When using the detailed work priorities view, I couldn't seem to get my pawns to do the Manage work type, from Colony Manager. It worked in the simple view, but I couldn't seem to get it in the detailed one. I probably just skipped over the job type that did it, since there are so many.  :P

Looking forward to your reply!

Grogfeld

Quote from: Falcon24 on June 04, 2016, 01:24:49 PM
Hello Fluffy!

Love your mods, and this one is especially great. I've been trying the Beta version, and ran into something i couldn't figure out. When using the detailed work priorities view, I couldn't seem to get my pawns to do the Manage work type, from Colony Manager. It worked in the simple view, but I couldn't seem to get it in the detailed one. I probably just skipped over the job type that did it, since there are so many.  :P

Looking forward to your reply!

I remember that sometimes manager skill didn't show up i detailed view, which is strange. If you using mods, try it on vanilla if manager skill will show up maybe it's related to some mod. Then try to load it in different order. I had this issue when I've used Arbitrary Realistic Research mod where Fluffy's Manager dll was in the same folder. I have now loaded it right after CCL, and EdB Colonist Bar and skill is there at the end of list.