[A13] [GUI] Enhanced Tabs || NEW WORK TAB BETA!

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 07, 2015, 07:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you prefer animals and work tabs to be split into two mods?

Yes, and I'm fine if that means I have to install a third common dependency mod.
65 (27.1%)
Yes, but I don't want to have to deal with a third dependency mod
50 (20.8%)
No, it's fine as it is
125 (52.1%)

Total Members Voted: 240

Sharp

Wow Fluffy, nice mod.

I made a suggestion before seeing your latest work https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20616.0

Which you have pretty much implemented and surpassed.

I have an alternate way to show it for time though, something like the attached image, so in the work tab when scheduling work you actually have the option to select Work 1, 2 etc... then in the Colony Manager you can set what time the colonists will do the set schedule.

To be honest your method is quite neat looking way to do it and it definitely solves my problems so yay :)

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

sirgzu

I really like your mods. Is it just me or the animal tab ism't working though?

SSS

I've encountered a bug with the beta work tab release, Fluffy... The work priorities don't save! In other words, in the current state you have to set your work priorities for every colonist whenever you reload a save. Favorite setups don't save either. Not fun! The work tab works excellently otherwise.

Also, although it doesn't affect me much since I haven't used it until now, as sirgzu says, the animal tab is the vanilla tab at the moment.

joaonunes

Quote from: SSS on June 07, 2016, 07:12:02 PM
I've encountered a bug with the beta work tab release, Fluffy... The work priorities don't save! In other words, in the current state you have to set your work priorities for every colonist whenever you reload a save. Favorite setups don't save either. Not fun! The work tab works excellently otherwise.

Also, although it doesn't affect me much since I haven't used it until now, as sirgzu says, the animal tab is the vanilla tab at the moment.

Fluffy, wasn't this fixed? I'm confused... Also, are you talking about the work priorities present in the "vanilla" priority tab or the "Dwarf Fortress style" work tab?
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

SSS

Quote from: joaonunes on June 07, 2016, 07:45:26 PM

Fluffy, wasn't this fixed? I'm confused... Also, are you talking about the work priorities present in the "vanilla" priority tab or the "Dwarf Fortress style" work tab?
The "vanilla" tab. I would test to see if it's the same with the "dwarf fortress" one... but I don't want to set up everything yet again afterwards. <.<;

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: sirgzu on June 07, 2016, 05:45:41 AM
Thanks! The animal tab works fine, but it isn't in Fluffy Tabs yet, I still have to move it over from Enhanced Tabs. You could load both (but Fluffy Tabs after Enhanced!) to get the best of both mods.

Could you send me a save of where this happens (or doesn't happen, I suppose), plus your mod-config file? Thanks!

Quote from: joaonunes on June 07, 2016, 07:45:26 PMFluffy, wasn't this fixed? I'm confused... Also, are you talking about the work priorities present in the "vanilla" priority tab or the "Dwarf Fortress style" work tab?
I thought so too! :D Maybe I broke something again ;)

joaonunes

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on June 08, 2016, 04:00:37 AM
I thought so too! :D Maybe I broke something again ;)

I shall test this at once!!

EDIT: Tested the mod with the latest version (13.0.1.2). Here are the results:
- Loaded my save and set up the work priorities (1 for firefight, 2 for doctoring, etc...);
- Saved and loaded the same save - Priorities still there;
- Quit to the main menu and load the save - Priorities still there;
- Quit to desktop and load save - Priorities still there;

Seems to be working just fine, should be an error on his side, maybe incompatibility issues or loading order problems, you did say that the experimental work tab needs to be loaded after the enhanced tabs :P
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Grogfeld

On my side vanilla saved favorites save in save files (I'm filling really safe now ;)) the detailed ones are not showing after loading.

sirgzu

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on June 08, 2016, 04:00:37 AM
Quote from: sirgzu on June 07, 2016, 05:45:41 AM
Thanks! The animal tab works fine, but it isn't in Fluffy Tabs yet, I still have to move it over from Enhanced Tabs. You could load both (but Fluffy Tabs after Enhanced!) to get the best of both mods.
Great stuff! I'll give that a go :)

EDIT Confusion Alert. Can you give us pointers to both Fluffy Tabs and Enhanced Tabs?
This thread is called Enhanced Tabs, is coming from your my mods https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.0 signature and that's what I am using in the game right now so what/where is Fluffy Tabs?

EDIT 2 To answer my own question:

Grogfeld

Fluffy's Tabs (the one you're pointing at) is a pack with both Enhanced work and Animal tabs but we are talking about beta version of Enhanced tabs, the one with "Dwarf Fortress style" work tab, as I'm understanding Fluffy decided to make animal and work tabs separated mods.

EDIT::D

SSS

Well that's... odd. It seems to be working now. I failed my first attempt at the map I'm working on, so I started again from scratch later yesterday evening. I had removed the mod from the active list, but after putting it back in now to show you guys, it works. Priorities are saving properly.

I have no idea why it wouldn't have worked before, yet does now.

Thorbane

I'm having a problem with the scroll bar on the expanded work tab, for one it really lags the game when moved, which I can live with, and second it cuts off the managing skill that you Colony manager mod adds.

DariusWolfe

I pinged you on Reddit, but I don't know how often you're checking there.

My question is if Enhanced Tabs and the Beta Work Tab can work together; If I DL the Work Tab and have it override the Enhance Tabs, will I be able to get the Animal functionality, and the Beta Work Tab functionality?

Kryc8

Fluffy (l2032)

Yep, just load Fluffy Tabs after Enhanced Tabs.

( I know, these names are getting silly and confusing )