[Mod request] Colony Breeding.

Started by TheRexus100, September 09, 2015, 03:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRexus100

I have an idea for a mod.
Make special bed with "Make love" option.
After some months or days ( it's your choice modders if you even think about making this mod) woman will born a child.After some time they will just transform into a person with random stats.
What do you think about this?

Fluffy (l2032)

There's traces of code for this around the core game already. There's definitions for like 5 humanlike lifestages somewhere in the codebase, cant remember where. I take from this that Tynan's already thought about it, and either a) abandoned it, or b) will get to it at some point.

I don't particularly want to go to the trouble of doing this; it'ld be a hell of a lot of work to do it properly (not just *plop* you have a colonist! Yay!). You'ld need all kinds of extra code for dealing with children of various ages, for all kinds of interactions - it's a mess. I also don't really feel it's appropriate to bring your children to a mechanoid infested, pirate ridden hellhole, and I make sure my pawns practice safe sex - or if they prefer - abstenance.

Florius

Quote from: pigman999999999 on September 09, 2015, 07:27:54 AM
and there is alredy  a mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7112.msg167559#msg167559

This one is about relations, TheRexus100 specifically requested a "breeding" option.
(I don't agree with the term breeding, peopl are not animals, but I get the point  ;D)

pigman999999999