[A13] A Dog Said... - Core friendly animal surgery (11-04-16)

Started by Latta, September 09, 2015, 12:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smexy_Vampire

Quote from: Hague on October 21, 2015, 03:33:09 PM
Would it be possible to add some ability to command obedient animals to wear apparel? Apparel has tags you can add that associates them with different tech levels but it could also be used to indicate whether an armor can be worn as barding etc. I don't know as Rimworld supports animals wearing clothes or differentiating between animal types but the ability to armor your pets would be pretty rad. Again, IDK if pets can even have a gear tab.

Also, I second the bionic jaws suggestion. An addendum:  stun jaws to that list so my pets can be sent in to quell berserk pawns with an electric bite. Basically anything from the pet you get in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.

Speaking of general pet things,
you are forgeting blade wolf form mgr :)

Edit: adding a new part is rather easy. but i cant find out how to make it have bonuses and sutch it seams to do this you need *HediffDefs* seeing as Lt was just useing the ones form the game allredy. Lt basicly layed the ground work if other people would like to over haul this mod to full bionic pets seeing as the body parts are all layed out. alltho it is rather hard to see if all that work would pay off . can perts acualy attack back ? and be drafted to call to battle ?

ethanwdp

Doesn't work.
I have ASA loaded right after core and CCL loads, and I load ADS right after ASA. I still don't have a surgery tab.
I don't have any UI mods.

I've heard that making a new world will make it appear, but I honestly don't want to lose my colony.

RolandDeschain

Quote from: ethanwdp on October 26, 2015, 02:40:49 PM
Doesn't work.
I have ASA loaded right after core and CCL loads, and I load ADS right after ASA. I still don't have a surgery tab.
I don't have any UI mods.

I've heard that making a new world will make it appear, but I honestly don't want to lose my colony.

it worked for me when i followed another person's suggestion and started a new game, then from that new start, i loaded the saved game and had the mod working properly.

Tekuromoto

Quote from: ethanwdp on October 26, 2015, 02:40:49 PM
A new world should work, and as always exit to desktop and restart the game when changing your mod list.

ethanwdp

Creating a new world worked, actually.
For some reason, I thought that I had to create a completely new colony and it would only work on that colony.

Just curious, does the mod only initialize on world creation? I've taken a peek at ASA's source, and I've found MapComponentUpdate() is the function that handles most of the operation tab creation.
I didn't find an event call anywhere, so I'm assuming the game only fires MapComponentUpdate() on map creation.
Is that the only way to call the mod? There has got to be a more surefire way.

Zallo

It is likely an issue with another mod (Most likely EdB Interface). Whenever you have a mod issue that can be tested you should try running the mod alone with only the required components. It often helps to run them in a new map as well as your current.

ATTENTION Latta:
Your mod is not compatible with EdB interface. More specifically it is not compatible with Animal Surgery Activator aka ASA. The button for animal operations is removed when running both.

It's a real bummer since EdB is extremely useful and I specifically wanted this type of mod for my game. Currently torn between the two. I don't expect you to fix it but figured you'd like to know of any incompatibilities.

rcrdcsnv

Quote from: Zallo on November 20, 2015, 05:25:04 PM
It is likely an issue with another mod (Most likely EdB Interface). Whenever you have a mod issue that can be tested you should try running the mod alone with only the required components. It often helps to run them in a new map as well as your current.

ATTENTION Latta:
Your mod is not compatible with EdB interface. More specifically it is not compatible with Animal Surgery Activator aka ASA. The button for animal operations is removed when running both.

It's a real bummer since EdB is extremely useful and I specifically wanted this type of mod for my game. Currently torn between the two. I don't expect you to fix it but figured you'd like to know of any incompatibilities.

I'm currently running them all together with no problem, just go into Interface Options once you've loaded a game and toggle the animal button under Main Tab Options to get the operations tab to show up on animals

Zallo

Quote from: rcrdcsnv on November 21, 2015, 06:07:17 PM
I'm currently running them all together with no problem, just go into Interface Options once you've loaded a game and toggle the animal button under Main Tab Options to get the operations tab to show up on animals
I figured out how to do it after I wrote the comment. Sorry. Great mod so far though.

CaptOdee

Latta, why am I getting a bloody MALICIOUS VIRUS FROM CLOUD when I tried downloading this file from your link?

harpo99999

Quote from: CaptOdee on November 22, 2015, 05:40:57 PM
Latta, why am I getting a bloody MALICIOUS VIRUS FROM CLOUD when I tried downloading this file from your link?
question, WHICH antivirus is on your computer, and which operating system??

Dude1925

Alright, so i cant get the operations button to appear, i am using edb interface, and i toggled the animal tab, but it still didnt show up. Can i get a hand over here? The would be really useful if i could get it to work.

tigg

Quote from: Dude1925 on December 08, 2015, 07:56:59 PM
Alright, so i cant get the operations button to appear, i am using edb interface, and i toggled the animal tab, but it still didnt show up. Can i get a hand over here? The would be really useful if i could get it to work.
toggle the "health" tab. It'll make your colonist's op tab disappear, so you'll need to toggle it again for that.

Kaballah

Quote from: tigg on December 08, 2015, 09:54:09 PM
toggle the "health" tab. It'll make your colonist's op tab disappear, so you'll need to toggle it again for that.

Just came to ask about this, thanks.  It had been working fine for me in a previous colony but something made the surgery tab disappear?   :o

e: Nope this doesn't seem to help me :(  Maybe I have some problem with my mod config DB or something, I'll try re-unpacking the game and reloading all my mods.  This is not the only mod I've had squirrelly behavior with :(

e: Well that didn't help either :(

Kaballah

Yeah something was definitely buggered with my install, I had renamed the old directory to unpack the game to a new directory and disabled everything but CCL, ASA and A Dog Said, but when I started a new colony I could see that other mods were somehow still enabled anyway.  Rebooted and deleted the old directory and the problem went away  ::)

e: I actually could not delete it until rebooting, some file(s) was locked

e: It quit working again :(  I don't think this is a problem specifically with this mod but something it's depending on from CCL.

Kaballah

Okay, somehow this mod (or ASA) conflicts with EdB UI interface.  When I test with just this mod list:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ModsConfigData>
  <buildNumber>914</buildNumber>
  <activeMods>
    <li>Core</li>
    <li>Community Core Library</li>
    <li>Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks</li>
    <li>EdBModOrder</li>
    <li>LT_ASA</li>
    <li>LT_ADogSaid</li>
  </activeMods>
</ModsConfigData>

ASA works, but when I load EdB UI (whether before or after ASA) then the animal surgery tab is replaced by the EdB UI version.  For me this is 100% reproducible and I tried a lot of variations (set mod load order, quit game, restart, roll new planet, etc).  I don't know why I had it working for a while, I guess I hit some magical perfect mod order that allowed ASA to override the EdB version of the animal status palette.

e: Oops, reviewing the thread I see this has already been figured out.  How can I work around this without actually disabling EdB Interface entirely?