[A13] A Dog Said... - Core friendly animal surgery (11-04-16)

Started by Latta, September 09, 2015, 12:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrred1

Actually, I still don't have the option to install anything. There is no operations tab. Is it just me?
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." ~ Robert Bloch ~

Latta

There should be an operation tab. Even if you don't have any item, there must be an option to euthanize.

Mrred1

Don't have it. I also spawned another type of dog and it still didn't have it.
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." ~ Robert Bloch ~

Kulverstukass

Quote from: mrred1 on September 13, 2015, 01:00:48 PM
Don't have it. I also spawned another type of dog and it still didn't have it.

QuoteASA (Required)
You should check if you have 'Animal Surgery Activator', i guess.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

Mrred1

Lady Wolf

For those not seeing the operations tab, try starting a new game, it doesn't seem to initally appear in old saves for some reason (for me anyway) but starting a new game, and then once I'm planet side loading my old one corrects the problem.

Latta

Quote from: Lady Wolf on September 13, 2015, 02:42:57 PM
For those not seeing the operations tab, try starting a new game, it doesn't seem to initally appear in old saves for some reason (for me anyway) but starting a new game, and then once I'm planet side loading my old one corrects the problem.

Thank you, I'll take a look on that.

WHiZ

I had had an issue due to mod order with edb interface.. so for anyone having problems fiddle around with that too..

mimib14

This mod is super helpful!!  :D There's something I'm curious about though. Is there any way to make this mod work on modded animals, maybe by editing some file in this mod/the animal mod or something? I've got a cat (from the Cats! mod) missing a lung and I'd like to see if there's some way to fix them :( Thank you!

Latta

Quote from: mimib14 on September 14, 2015, 01:28:35 PM
This mod is super helpful!!  :D There's something I'm curious about though. Is there any way to make this mod work on modded animals, maybe by editing some file in this mod/the animal mod or something? I've got a cat (from the Cats! mod) missing a lung and I'd like to see if there's some way to fix them :( Thank you!

Go to RecipeDefs folder of this mod. Add those cat's defNames under recipeUsers.

Match

Quote from: Latta on September 14, 2015, 10:37:20 PM
Quote from: mimib14 on September 14, 2015, 01:28:35 PM

Go to RecipeDefs folder of this mod. Add those cat's defNames under recipeUsers.

Or just copypasta this file to replace the Recipes_Surgery in cats.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Pumpus

Yo, I've started new games, new worlds, changed the order of the mods and im still not seeing the operation tab. i have seen it sometimes when the animals are injured but i cannot see it now. ive even shot my own rhino to see if i can see it. any thoughts
Be sure to check out "The Mod Show". Reviews of Rimworld mods so you don't have to do all the testing.

The Mod Show - By Pumpus

Latta

Load ADS after ASA, start a game, and check for this specific log message:

LT-AS: Initialized AS.

If you see this and still no operation tab, please report again.

TheMightyHercules

Quote from: Latta on September 09, 2015, 01:35:35 PM
It's compatible, though I had to separate every organs for animals. Before this, you could amputate chicken's leg and transplant into one of prisoner's body...

Is it possible to edit the config file so you could do that?

If so, how could I do that?

davyXD

I seem to have a problem when i try and install a animal leg all legs are named front Left Leg I have loaded the mods in the right order
if anybody knows how to fix this i would really appreciate it