[A13] A Dog Said... - Core friendly animal surgery (11-04-16)

Started by Latta, September 09, 2015, 12:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaballah

Oh duh the workaround turns out to be really easy (EdB added Interface Options):
Menu button -> Interface Options -> Uncheck Health tab

I realize this is what Tigg was saying now (duh) but I didn't understand, I thought he meant just clicking the Health tab on the pawn status palette  :P

Kaballah

I have been thinking about all this for a while and it turns out I am pretty dumb, fyi

Kaballah

Hey, I made a mod that adds a workbench that allows crafting of all the bionic animal parts.  It obviously depends on ASA/A Dog Said, but since it adds a new workbench it should not conflict with or depend on any other mods.  It's based on Brunayla's excellent vanilla-scaled cybernetic crafting mod and the material costs are all scaled around that mod's recipes, so you need all materials, and medicine, and Glitterworld medicine.  The medium animal leg is scaled the same as Brunayla's human leg recipe, and the small/large/huge leg recipe requirements are scaled depending on the values Latta defined for each of those parts.

A research topic is also required to be completed to unlock the workbench, so the workbench can't be constructed until that is done.  I tested the research topic and all the recipes in-game and it all looks like it works correctly.  Since this mod completely depends on Latta's A Dog Said, I'll list it here and won't bother to start a separate thread for it.  Actually Latta if you want to, you can just take ownership of the mod and that would be great because I am not good at maintaining things long-term.  The license can be considered the same as A Dog Said's license. 

Please note that since this mod depends on both ASA and A Dog Said, it must be loaded after both of those mods.  Have fun!

DOWNLOAD LTK Animal Bionics 1.0

GemInEye

I now have an image of Cobras with legs running around stuck in my head.

w00d

can i make a suggestion? cos errmm Laser eyes might be like REALLY cool :p

pity no sharks in game ..yet.. but Cobras with Bionic Laser Eyes might be.. fun..  8)

Lady Wolf

Quote from: koolieo1 on March 12, 2016, 01:32:29 AM
I now have an image of Cobras with legs running around stuck in my head.

Ah like these alien cobras? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVZUVeMtYXc

Latta

Heya,

Adamiks updated this to A13! Big thanks to him. Aaaand he said ASA won't be needed anymore, so I deleted the link to it.

Ratys

Quote from: Latta on April 10, 2016, 02:57:09 PM
Heya,

Adamiks updated this to A13! Big thanks to him. Aaaand he said ASA won't be needed anymore, so I deleted the link to it.

Yesss, thank you both!

NephilimNexus

hee hee hee
hoo ha ha ha
hee hee

Mwu ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAA!

Downloading now!

Jeffman12

Oh, wow, yeah, and I was just thinking of Fallout's Cyberdogs when I read the thread info.

Really, I was playing last night and didn't take the time to think about checking for a mod like this before I euthanized my colony's favorite husky after it lost several limbs to a warg.
Only after I saved did it dawn on me that something like this is what I needed.

I'm glad you modders are so many steps ahead of me.

Boboid

Currently none of the prosthetic legs fit Polar/Grizzly bears.

I can't quite express how sad it makes me that I can't make Robo-Bears.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

DepOpt

Quote from: Boboid on April 11, 2016, 11:15:02 AM
Currently none of the prosthetic legs fit Polar/Grizzly bears.

I can't quite express how sad it makes me that I can't make Robo-Bears.
Or the Cougars. Which is sad because I have a baby missing a leg after a raid...
Trinket shall continue to be a tripod for now...

Also, is there currently any way to make the parts?
Ignore this notice

SomethingLikeArthi

Paolos0

Hey there, i think i encountered a bug or a possible incompatibility with EPOE:

All of my animals seem to have only front left legs, its kinda weird.  ;D

harpo99999

Quote from: Paolos0 on April 20, 2016, 03:18:48 AM
Hey there, i think i encountered a bug or a possible incompatibility with EPOE:

All of my animals seem to have only front left legs, its kinda weird.  ;D
do you have glitter in the mods list?, if so check the glitter thread