[A13] A Dog Said... - Core friendly animal surgery (11-04-16)

Started by Latta, September 09, 2015, 12:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

witchyspoon

Quote from: bigfruit77 on May 23, 2016, 08:27:30 PM
Mr.spoon sir.. u are a life saver.. really, u just saved a grizzly of mine. Thanks
I'm a 'Mrs' Spoon ;) ...but you are very welcome! ;D

palandus

DE Surgeries has a way to "cure" various broken bones, old wounds, and damaged organs. I "attempted" doing the same in my own game, and it didn't work at all. So, I was wondering if the mod developer could build these "cures" into this mod, for animals. Its hard to euthanize that poor war pet with a serious brain injury, and this is the only mod I could find that allows for some surgeries on animals. Thoughts?

DepOpt

Quote from: spoonshortage on May 23, 2016, 09:44:06 AM

hmm as far as I remember, all I did was include the new animals in the Recipes_Surgery.xml ...so everytime there was a list of /small/medium/large/ animals, I just added a line for the new ones for example at the end of
<!-- Small -->
            <li>Boomrat</li>
            <li>Chicken</li>
            <li>Chinchilla</li>
            <li>Cobra</li>
            <li>Hare</li>
            <li>Iguana</li>
            <li>Megascarab</li>
            <li>Monkey</li>
            <li>Squirrel</li>
            <li>Tortoise</li>
            <li>YorkshireTerrier</li>
I added <li>Cat</li> and so on.. <li>Cougar</li> for medium and both <li>GrizzlyBear</li> <li>PolarBear</li> for large..there's a few such lists in the file, so make sure to scroll all the way down and add them every time.
If that's too complicated for you I'll try to attach my altered xml file, it goes in mods/LT_ADogSaid/Defs/RecipeDefs
you have to restart the game after editing..it did work for me with a current save so no need to start a new colony!  :)

ps: obviously all credit for the .xml file goes to Latta..all I did was add a few lines, which I'm sure he will do himself as soon as he finds the time to do so.

Thank you very much for the absolute-from-basics explanation. Doubly so for the .xml. You are good people.
Ignore this notice

Exende

any chance of you making a version that merges the workbenches?  simple prostetics bench making both parts for pawns and animals, because the last thing I need is more workbenches .-.  This is awesome though!

Fregrant

Okay, this seems to be working.
Basically, I am rewrited EPOE for an animals, using ASA mod. So it uses EPOE workbenches with added animal prostheses recipes. Works with EPOE mod. Works without EPOE too, but throws console errors for missing human recipes in that case. Not implemented natural organ transplantation - it brings or weird stuff (stick the chicken heart inside of grizzly!), or tens of organ types. Different prostheses for different animals not implemented too, because it would be hundreds of prosthesis types.

Original EPOE for humans is here
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10571.0
Modified EPOE for animals is here
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9dxqa77luizmzqf
Thanks to Latta and Ykara

Exende

hey Fregrant, is there a problem with the functions being the same as EPOE?  (using your modified EPOE for animals)

XML error: Could not register node named "SurgerySurrogateAnimal" in mod AnimalProstheses because this name is already used in this mod.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

XML error: Could not register node named "RecipeSurrogateOrgan" in mod AnimalProstheses because this name is already used in this mod.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

XML error: Could not register node named "BasicAnimal" in mod AnimalProstheses because this name is already used in this mod.

XML error: Could not register node named "SurrogateAnimal" in mod AnimalProstheses because this name is already used in this mod.

Cannot call ItemFromXmlFile with resolveCrossRefs=true while loading is already in progress.

Fregrant

Exende, maybe mod conflict? Never had such errors.
Anyway, fixed some bugs and removed monkey arms (so they won't show on humans). Try to delete old folder and unpack new one.

AlfredoDaPig

I feel kinda dumb, but where can I find Lt-asa... im lost...

KelixKatz

The mod said i need LT-ASA, but i googled it and i cant find it, were do i find it?

Minnigin

Pretty sure ASA has been merged with the A Dog Said mod

KelixKatz

Yes, i just read Lattas post where she said ASA wouldnt be needed anymore but.... i cant do anything but Euthanize my cat, the mod seems to only work on this save on a world before i got the mod. it seems that its not working in my new game.

skullywag

any animals spawned before you added this mod wont work right I doubt.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

KelixKatz

Quote from: skullywag on June 30, 2016, 09:00:23 AM
any animals spawned before you added this mod wont work right I doubt.
im sorry but... that is not relevant to the problem im having. i added the mod, THEN started a new world. the cat can only me euthanized.

skullywag

Can you post your output.log here after starting the game up.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Lady Wolf

Quote from: KelixKatz on June 30, 2016, 07:55:13 AM
Yes, i just read Lattas post where she said ASA wouldnt be needed anymore but.... i cant do anything but Euthanize my cat, the mod seems to only work on this save on a world before i got the mod. it seems that its not working in my new game.

Unless you have some animal bionics/surrogate organs, or whatnot in one of your stockpiles you won't see any other option under the operations tab but euthanize afaik. For the surgical options to appear you need to have the relevant part in a stock pile. (and in the case of brain surgery the relevant research done.)