[Art Request]RA1 Flame Tower

Started by Goo Poni, September 09, 2015, 02:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goo Poni

As another experimental foray into tinkering with Rimworld, would someone be able to make a flame tower sprite in the style of Rimworld? You can readily find 3d renditions of what people think the flame tower should look like and I'll make an edit soon with a picture from in-game of what it looked like originally.

EDIT:
Flame Tower

DOUBLE EDIT:
*fixed reddit formatting style to forum formatting style*

Stinkycat752

Probably going to take me forever to make the top but here's some bottom bits for you to look at.

Lemme kno what you think.

Essentially I just used my imagination based on the screenshot you'd posted so, don't really expect massive detail on the base or the top (When it's done anyway)

[attachment deleted due to age]
Abomination Imagination

Goo Poni

The top, I planned to just have an invisible gun sprite because the original flame tower doesn't orient itself at all to attack. It just is.

EDIT: Given Rimworld has that thing going on where the camera looks like it's tilted a little off center rather than a proper over the top view, the base of the flame tower could do with being squished a little vertically to reflect a similar look.

Stinkycat752

Trying this again, this time I just made it in the original turret style because I'm too crap to make something more isometric like ;-;

[attachment deleted due to age]
Abomination Imagination

FridayBiology

awesome

@Stinkycat : Pig is bacon, Prisoners are bacon also.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology