[Question] Craft a human.

Started by TheRexus100, September 10, 2015, 09:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRexus100

Is it possible to make a little mod where you can craft at the station a human? xD I need people for war, bad times came.

Florius

Hmm haven't seen it, and you are just not able to craft a human, that doesn't make sense...

However there are (several?) mod(s) where you can create a robot! Not sure if it can fight, but it can sure help!
And if that doesn't work, turrets are a gift from gods, if used correctly!

ptran

I like this, I like this a lot. It's will probably unbalance the gameplay but I still like it

Cloning vats, lets do that!

TheRexus100

Yeah i have a mod for droids but i ask about people, its not balanced as person above said but i like when many people are fighting for life.They can be like clones, just for war.If it is not possible i will remake a mod with droids.

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: Florius on September 10, 2015, 12:37:29 PM
Hmm haven't seen it, and you are just not able to craft a human, that doesn't make sense...

However there are (several?) mod(s) where you can create a robot! Not sure if it can fight, but it can sure help!
And if that doesn't work, turrets are a gift from gods, if used correctly!

dang, i was just thinking a necromancy mod for disposable minions would be fun, too ;)

Jaxxa

Does that sound balanced, No.
Does it sound logical, No.
Does it sound possible, Depends on what exactly you mean by "little mod", but I don't see why not.

It couldn't all be done in .xml, you would have to make a C# .dll, but I don't see anything too difficult with it.

In fact with a bit of Saving / Loading or Copying Files you should be able to use my mod to clone your colonists.

TheRexus100

Maybe its not balanced and logical but some people want to play in diffrent way...Not everyone is playing rimworld in the old way.I mean hard survival....

whoishigh

Logical? The game already has "Vatgrown Soldier" as a backstory.

Balanced? Maybe the clones have a limited lifespan, or a high chance of developing genetic deformities while in the tube.

jamesgt

To have it balanced you can keep high the "ingredients", so creating a droid can be done with:
- power armor
- power armor helmet
- 2 bionic eyes
- AI core
- 2 bionic arms
- 2 bionic legs

And it wouldn't be able to do social things and maybe a constant 8 for every skill but no learning.

What I would be happy to see is a robot vacuum cleaner that can be assigned to a room, but not able to open a door. :)

SpaceDrunk

There was a cloning mod a while back (for alpha 7 or 8 I believe) that essentially let you do this. I didn't really use it much, though, and I don't think it's been updated in a long time.

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: jamesgt on September 13, 2015, 05:53:06 AM
To have it balanced you can keep high the "ingredients", so creating a droid can be done with:
- power armor
- power armor helmet
- 2 bionic eyes
- AI core
- 2 bionic arms
- 2 bionic legs

And it wouldn't be able to do social things and maybe a constant 8 for every skill but no learning.

What I would be happy to see is a robot vacuum cleaner that can be assigned to a room, but not able to open a door. :)

what about a roomba instead? it just gets lost easily if you don't control it while it learns the room. ai could be simple, move in one direction until you bump something, turn 90 degrees right for each bump, follow the left hand wall meaning if you stop sensing it on the left turn left until you do again slightly.

[edit #2] it would also have to be able to remember a square it traveled, so it could detect when it completes a lap, at that point right turn, forward, left turn, forward, then repeat the above logic should not get stuck, i think [/edit]
set it up outside and it'd mow the grass maybe?

jetalockhart

What about procreation? I know Im starting to sound old and dumb but creating a human... I think human are made not just as simple.

There are male and female colonist... Alas the coding of relationship between spawn are still in progress... Aargh...

Well... Mobile Artificial Inteligence (MAI) is your option then. Cloning by using a ton of Biomatter from Abrexus' Superior Crafting MOD also possible (Permission required), add Positronic Brain Implant from the same mod (Still not available in current MOD thoo...), and maybe you are good to go... If this is still too much, try to lower difficulty in option and keep your colonist alive till then.

TheRexus100

I just want to know how to make a table where i can "make" a colonist with random stats.Thats all.It's all for my private use.