Hydroponics is *far* too ineffective.

Started by BoogieMan, September 10, 2015, 06:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quxzcover

Quote from: Mihsan on September 11, 2015, 11:30:45 AM
I have some small corn fields and 38 hydroponic basins (75% of them for berries and potatoes). Picture of my fridge is self explanatory:
http://i.imgur.com/OCljTpR.jpg

But I could not tell that hydroponics are ineffective. You just could not live ONLY on hydroponics and that is all that there is.

Also 40 hydroponics is not too much (4 sun lamps, right?) and 20 colonists is pretty huge colony for this game.
I only need 2 sunlaps for that many and 20 colonists is the smallest colony ive had in a long time. my main goal in this game is to see how many colonists i can get and not let the system crumble. with the size of base i have i could easily have 40 colonists but in this game im trying to only take the ones worth taking. in my game with 70+ people i had over 200 hydroponics, probably closer to 400. i quit that one because i had mined out my world. i would like to see an improvement in hydroponics im just saying there not useless.

b0rsuk

You can put hydroponics under overhead mountain, and they become pretty much indestructible.

Hydroponics don't care about crop blight, because it grows much faster and you can recover much quicker after a blight. The artificial soil is better than rich soil! Also, solar flare barely affects you. Your food supply will be slightly lower for one day, so what ? Besides, if you don't have a cook you can plant some emergency strawberries, they can be eaten raw.

DestroyX

Quote from: Jaxxa on September 11, 2015, 02:25:59 AM
I agree, this is one of the main reasons that I modded in plants growing through the night.

waaaaait wait wait wait.

how you did this? >.>

ihaveamightyneed!.jpg