Started by rooki1, September 11, 2015, 04:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooki1

RimBeast
The hunt begins

Description:
This mod adds various species.

Xeno beast

Mankind played god's role for so many years.
In consequence, it's not hard to find the presence of gene modified species even in far rimworlds.
But finding them is one thing, and confront them is another.

Fort turtle: The fortress turtle is a living citadel. Designed to moving bunker, this behemoth estimated to be created for protecting soldiers while Mechanoid invasion. Fort turtle has periodically harvestable shells. This shell furnishes material for military composite alloy. Reliable protector and strong porter, fort turtle will be your great companion.

Feather raptor: Quiet and cunning, elegant but ruthless, these reptile species were originally developed to resolve warg increasing problem. Fortunately, after someone realized that adding another alpha predator doesn't help already broken ecosystem, the project was canceled. After the original project cancelled, scientists started a new product development project, which making a pet of rich people. Because of that, now these raptors have colorful feathers.

Insectoid Hive

A hive of gene-modified insects. Originally made for fight against Mechanoid invasion, creators of these creatures applied hive-mind system of their foes to society system of insectoid hive. Unfortunately, these new species are became totally out of control and became another threat for human exist.

Antis: A quiet stalker and merciless killer, Ant mantis is a warrior caste of the insectoid hive. This species were created to beat the Mechanoid invasion, but it is dangerous to people, too. A social creature, it cannot reproduce individually.

Gnawler: A "grunt" caste of the insectoid hive, gnawler is a much smaller than other warrior caste, and on its own it doesn't seem dangerous. However, if many gnawlers are grouped together, things change. A social creature, it cannot reproduce individually.

Changelog:

v0.121:
-Now insectoids attack properly.
v0.12:
-Insectoid hive added
-Antis added
-Gnawler added
v0.111:
- Raptor texture corrected
- Egg problem corrected
v0.11:
-Animal trader added
-Feather raptor added
v0.101:
-Hunger rate of fort turtle adjusted.
v0.1:
-The mod has been added.
-Fort turtle added.

Author/Mod Team
rooki1

Download

RimBeast
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rvx95rwcyaopyl/RimBeast.zip?dl=0
(22-09-2015 updated)

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

rooki1

Well, the mod begins.
I know it just a beginning of the beginning and there are lots of work to do.
Anyway, you will see the next Xeno beast soon.

Wild Card

Hey, this sounds interesting, i`ll definitely be keeping an eye on it !
Good Luck

TheRexus100

Nice work, i hope you will finish your mod =]

Dragoon

I can't wait to see your creatures if your artistic mind is amazing. I know you planned to do a raptor but do you have any plans after that?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

soulkata

Hi!

I have developped a mod that might interest you... Ability Pack It allows you to add custom abilities to your monsters!

rooki1

Quote from: Dragoon on September 11, 2015, 05:49:53 AM
I can't wait to see your creatures if your artistic mind is amazing. I know you planned to do a raptor but do you have any plans after that?

I have a few thoughts. Federation war beast, mega crab that produces eatable slime, devastating vermin swarm...
Oh, and the I-lux, Imperatorsaurus lux, the laser firing t-rex.

Quote from: soulkata on September 11, 2015, 06:02:00 AM
Hi!

I have developped a mod that might interest you... Ability Pack It allows you to add custom abilities to your monsters!

Thanks! Maybe I can use some codes from yours...

soulkata

Quote from: soulkata on September 11, 2015, 06:02:00 AM
Hi!

Thanks! Maybe I can use some codes from yours...
[/quote]

The idea is that you dont need to code anything... Only works with the AbilityDef and ManaDef! :)

FridayBiology

i'd love to see a insect-like pet that can rescue colonist. :3
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

GramMKII

limefoega

the fort turtle seams to have a problem just eating enough to not get malnutrition when grazing

rooki1

Quote from: limefoega on September 11, 2015, 08:51:17 AM
the fort turtle seams to have a problem just eating enough to not get malnutrition when grazing

Well, It because of I set its hunger rate too high. I uploaded mod file again.
Thanks for your notice.

bazalisk

Is this an Event?

does it turn up and stomp my base, like a boss fight or is it small and/or passive?

i often thought about huge creatures that only turn up during events.  Godzilla like creatures that take everyone in the colony, and turrets, to fight.

will you be adding something like this?

Turtle Medic

Quote from: bazalisk on September 11, 2015, 12:58:20 PM
Is this an Event?

does it turn up and stomp my base, like a boss fight or is it small and/or passive?

--snip--

I second this, is the fort turtle like a warg attack or are they just wandering about?

Looked in the code and noticed that wildSpawn was disabled but didnt see any events in the file.

EDIT: The turtle texture is pretty epic, but that almost goes without saying.

Herc18

Artwork is beautiful, must have raptor!!! 😍
What has been, will be again.