[A12] RimBeast(v0.121): Another hive (22/09/15) *Hot fix

Started by rooki1, September 11, 2015, 04:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

Quote from: rooki1 on September 11, 2015, 06:22:12 AM
Oh, and the I-lux, Imperatorsaurus lux, the laser firing t-rex.

Laser firing trex....you have made my dreams come true (just something I saw and thought of
when I read you comment, i'm sure whatever you come up with will look cool and fit the madness that is rimworld.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

chaotix14

Personally I'm more a fan of the cybernetic fortress carrying flame spewing kind.

Might just be me.

Emunator

This mod is great! I look forward to further updates!

PineyCreek

Because normal snapping turtles weren't terrifying enough.

Dragoon

Quote from: chaotix14 on September 11, 2015, 04:09:05 PM
-snip-

...I was not giving a suggestion it was supposed to be funny. Also that T-rex shoots fire not lasers, is a cyborg and while it might be able to lay eggs they would not have the same powers because it's a cyborg.
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

rooki1

v0.11 Updated.

Feather raptor: Quiet and cunning, elegant but ruthless, these reptile species were originally developed to resolve warg increasing problem. Fortunately, after someone realized that adding another alpha predator doesn't help already broken ecosystem, the project was canceled. After the original project cancelled, scientists started a new product development project, which making a pet of rich people. Because of that, now these raptors have colorful feathers.

Feather raptors and animal trader added.
Yay.

blaze7736

rooki you art is so sexy been wanting to see/do a similar mod but never could get them to look nice but what you have here is amazing well done

Dragoon

They look awesome id have them as a pet any day! Why don't the female raptors..look more dull in the wild bird males look colorful to attract females (also there is no way to currently tell male from female that is why I brought this up).

FridayBiology

Can't wait to see what is added next.
fingers crossed for a ambush water animal :3
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

FridayBiology

Any chance that we could see a Gravios/Tree/woodwall eater?
http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Gravios

Awesome work so far though i feel that Raptors should be slightly faster and maybe have a manhunter event only to be able to spawn at night... for use with darkness mod :P
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

bazalisk

hmm How about Dune Worms?

huge sand worms that swallow animals.

could be an event where an animation of a huge, say 6 x 6 square, maw erupts from the ground beneath a random group of colonists/animals then disappears below ground again leaving a huge hole.

you could also have much smaller version, as young, that act like the Graboids from Tremors :D

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graboid )

these could act much like a normal manhunter pack only they are invisible (due to under ground) but will come above ground sometimes.   Would be awesome if there was some way of making them movement sensitive :s

just ideas though.  I love what you have done so far  :D

Dragoon

Quote from: bazalisk on September 12, 2015, 01:54:51 PM
-snip-

This can't be done for several reasons. Above ground worms can and have been done, but the the maw no. "an event where an animation of a huge, say 6 x 6 square, maw erupts from the ground beneath a random group of colonists/animals then disappears" That sounds like a huge troll and is unfair to your colonists/pets since they aren't wounded, (even if they are it's still not right since they could lose an arm or even get a head injury) they are killed, and from what I have seen from the textures/defs, I don't think they can be invisible then come above ground.

bazalisk

Pilz

Small bug report:

After a gestation period of ~65 days (which is quite long), my raptor laid a lovely egg.
Out of which hatched a tortoise...

Other than that, great mod, awesome textures, looking forward to more animals!

jamesinar