pawns dont research on custom research bench

Started by Neal Raven, September 11, 2015, 07:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neal Raven

Hi folks,

I was trying to bring back the small research bench which was available in the Clutter mod in earlier alphas.
I was able to do this and can build it and it all looks find and everything.

The only issue is that my pawns just dont go to it to perform the research. I've included my XML below.
I'm not sure what I'm missing. All I did was basically copying the research table xml from the core mod and adjust the bare minimum needed. Would I need some other workgiver def or something?

For clarity: I tried setting all my pawns priorities to enable only research and a research project was active, all on a map with only my pawns and one or two of the small research benches, but still no research being done.

[attachment deleted due to age]

There is a reason why it's been disabled.  ;)

Several alpha's ago research became hard-coded to only work at the core research bench.  You can mod that specific table, but you can't add new ones anymore.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.