feature request: improve smithing & add armors

Started by zandadoum, September 11, 2015, 08:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zandadoum

Heya,

I really hope you guys like this idea, alltho I am sure someone suggested this in the past...

I'd like Tynan to implement improvement to smithing.

In first place, add a lot more recipes. What's available now seems really pointless once past the first gameyear. Yes, you can sell the stuff you make, but art is much more profitable when it comes to crafting.
And wouldn't it be nice to actually use what you craft?

You can build cryptocasquets, starship, med bed monitors... but you can't build an assault rifle?

here's what I suggest:
- add a system to smelt/dissasemble ranged weapons and get special ingredients needed to craft new ones.
- add recipes to smithing table to craft ranged weapon, but it requires items scavenged from weapons you adquired previously from a vendor or dead raider. make some balancing test, as in: 10 dissasembled guns to be able to craft one assault rifle or whatnot

- the same for shields and body armor. heck, maybe even allow crafting of power armors. just make it balanced so it's expensive enough to not abuse it, but cheap enough to make it actually useful

you might argue this might make vendors obsolete, but i think it's rather the contrary: i personally would buy a lot more items from vendors and dissaemble everything i get to raiders, if that gives me crafting materials to have a chance at crafting the same item, but maybe it becomes a masterwork or legendary

Z.