Not sure if it actually a bug or not

Started by Captain Sho, September 12, 2015, 02:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Sho

I didn't wanna post this in the bug forum in case this was just "luck of the draw" but i got 8 terriers from a single random event. Right now i'm trying to train them all up to be able to "release" them so when people come to raid me i can "release the dogs of war" but that many does seem a bit excessive, no?

Lady Wolf

I've had that happen too, but with Labradors, (and even rabbits once) so I think it's a design feature?

It can be a real issue in early game trying to keep the dogs all fed (assuming you can't bring yourself to butcher your new pets for dinner) but once a trader does show up, fully trained they can sell for $300 or so a piece easily and make you a tidy profit. (especially when the 8 breed up to nearly 30 over the course of a winter, thankfully you can feed them hay :P )

b0rsuk

Do they nuzzle your colonists ? A terrier should sometimes approach a colonist, stop him and give him a happy thought. Something like +4 or +5, but it stacks.

TLHeart

not a bug, a programmed event... can happen with chickens also.

I have never seen a nuzzle event, or even the happy thought in the colonists moods.

Panzer

Yeah never seen nuzzle either, still wondering if it works at all.

A Friend

Never experienced it myself. Cobra horde, nuzzle me.
Also, has anyone experienced a Thrumbo nuzzle?
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: A Friend on September 12, 2015, 10:25:47 AM

snakes can totally nuzzle, boa constrictor ;)

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: A Friend on September 12, 2015, 10:25:47 AM
I have but only once it has to be super rare of i just got really really lucky thats how my first one got named
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.