RimWorld cartoon- under the rim

Started by Dag, September 12, 2015, 01:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dag

Hello!
I've been working on a pretty silly animated RimWorld story based on character in an LP by Blitzkriegsler. Tynan tweeted it some weeks ago, but I've been encouraged to post about it here too, so I am :)

It's the story of Wilfred 'Lumpy' Patel and the colony he volunteered to join.

Just so you know what you're in for, a pic. I take the sprites pretty literally o.O

You can see in the top left, Lumpy is being shooshed while visiting Christian, the pacifist undertaker, who has taken an arrow to the knee.
The series is about 40 minutes long now, covers cannibalism, backstories, conflict, hilarity, and of course death.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8aAzYa74N4&index=2&list=PLkyZ-ojSIzoudJ9zfkzhY2NMyarGQFt8O

Bob_Namg

Orange Horse Trading Company = Best Trading Company
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

A Friend

Holy crap, this is hilariously amazing.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

quxzcover

Was this made using google translate?

Dag

Quote from: A Friend on September 12, 2015, 09:12:42 PM
Holy crap, this is hilariously amazing.
Thanks!! I'm advised not to argue with you on this.

Quote from: Bob_Namg on September 12, 2015, 04:46:20 PM
Orange Horse Trading Company = Best Trading Company
+ their employees get excellent health coverage.

Quote from: quxzcover on September 13, 2015, 01:30:00 AM
Was this made using google translate?
No... I'm not sure I understand the question though.

Mechanoid Hivemind

google translate uses that voice to help you hear what you said
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

cultist

"You could tell he was an optimist"
*does a little dance*
Holy crap, that cracked me up. The weird robot voices just make it funnier somehow.

JimmyAgnt007

Looks like someone beat the "RIMWORLD Animated" team to the punch.  I will check this out when I get to a comp with speakers.

Our production got halted when my animators comp got fried and lost everything.  We are considering using game assets instead now and making it look like an in-game cut-scene. 

If you ever need help with writing id be happy to contribute to this project as well.

EDIT: Sweet Jebas!  Even without sound im impressed!

MisterVertigo

This is the best. I just finished part one, and I LOVE IT! Keep them coming!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Dag

Quote from: MisterVertigo on September 15, 2015, 09:55:38 AM
This is the best. I just finished part one, and I LOVE IT! Keep them coming!
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thrice I thank you. Thrice, not rice. Hope they continue to amuse :)

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on September 15, 2015, 09:44:55 AM
If you ever need help with writing id be happy to contribute to this project as well.
Beat to the punch? I think this is more like a wave from across the street. I don't need help with the writing, but I do appreciate the offer! I have too much writing, and as you'll see/hear in the later eps, the story has taken itself in a direction even I didn't imagine.
However you end up doing your project, my advice is to have mouths. lol.

Quote from: cultist on September 14, 2015, 06:28:10 PM
"You could tell he was an optimist"
*does a little dance*
Holy crap, that cracked me up. The weird robot voices just make it funnier somehow.
Glad you think so! Thanks!!

Quote from: Mechanoid Hivemind on September 13, 2015, 08:44:11 PM
google translate uses that voice to help you hear what you said
I'm guessing that's the narrators voice, that one is on a few different sites, sometimes under different names. Makes him a good choice for my "In A World..." type narrator.

MindFruitNinja

With the Deus Ex background at the barkeeper, you already bought my attention and recognition, man!

And yeah, cool in general, keep it up!
A mind in which hyperactivity and creativity fuses. Sucks at drawing, writes a lot instead. A lot.

Fanfiction.net profile | On Reddit

Element4ry

I almost shat my pants laughing. It's hilarious! :D
·–·· ––– ··· · / –·–– ––– ··– ·–· / –– ·· –· –·· / –··–· / · ·– – / –·–– ––– ··– ·–· / –·–· ·–· · ·––

Coenmcj

These are actually great. The Plasteel 'Ludeon' Electric Guitar was a nice touch.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Dag

Quote from: Coenmcj on October 13, 2015, 01:45:58 AM
These are actually great. The Plasteel 'Ludeon' Electric Guitar was a nice touch.
Thanks muchly :) I was real happy with that idea- since there was no wood in the ice sheet, but there are steel guitars irl= a plasteel guitar. heh.
Quote from: Element4ry on October 01, 2015, 07:44:18 PM
I almost shat my pants laughing. It's hilarious! :D
Can I say I'm glad you almost shat your pants? sounds so wrong.
Quote from: MindFruitNinja on September 19, 2015, 10:38:29 PM
With the Deus Ex background at the barkeeper, you already bought my attention and recognition, man!
Glad you recognized it!!