Prosthetic parts question

Started by Tormound, September 12, 2015, 01:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tormound

I was editing a prosthetics file for my own reasons when I came upon the offset setting, I have no clue what it is and what it does. Does anyone else know? It's under stages, li, capmods, and li again.

chaotix14

The offset is the amount it changes the capacity value. Capacity mentions a specific body function like moving. So let's say there is an offset of 0.2 on the moving capacity, this means it'll give a +20% to moving. If it's a -0.2 it translates into -20%.

Tormound

Quote from: chaotix14 on September 12, 2015, 01:43:05 PM
The offset is the amount it changes the capacity value. Capacity mentions a specific body function like moving. So let's say there is an offset of 0.2 on the moving capacity, this means it'll give a +20% to moving. If it's a -0.2 it translates into -20%.
I thought that was part efficiency?

chaotix14

Quote from: Tormound on September 12, 2015, 01:46:11 PM

I'm not sure what part efficiency is for. Maybe for parts like the peg leg that have a less than 100% efficiency. But I'm pretty sure the offset value is what changes the capacity. Maybe they have an influence on one another. Like say an offset of 0.2 and an efficiency of 1.2 coming out with a final value of 144%.

Tormound

Quote from: chaotix14 on September 12, 2015, 01:52:27 PM
Quote from: Tormound on September 12, 2015, 01:46:11 PM

I'm not sure what part efficiency is for. Maybe for parts like the peg leg that have a less than 100% efficiency. But I'm pretty sure the offset value is what changes the capacity. Maybe they have an influence on one another. Like say an offset of 0.2 and an efficiency of 1.2 coming out with a final value of 144%.
Alright, thanks for the help.

Liegeman

As far as I've been able to find with experimentation, Offset is a bonus the part applies to the whole. 0.2 for instance provides a flat 20% boost in, say, Moving.

Efficiency applies only to replacement parts, and refers to how much of the previous part they replace. So a peg leg slows down a pawn because it is only some percent as efficient as a meat leg. A bionic part is better because it as efficient as a meat leg and also provides a boost.

(At work and would need to see the defs for better/more accurate examples)