Destroyed stomach does not lead to death

Started by Hoshizora, September 12, 2015, 10:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoshizora

I have a few colonists with destroyed stomachs. Somehow, they are not dead. They eat at 10% speed, have a permanent penalty to health, but they're alive.

Please either remove their ability to eat, leading to death by starvation like it logically should, or give me the ability to harvest stomachs from prisoners so I can fix my colonists and not have them walk around with that irritating partially-depleted health bar.

Coenmcj

I could've sworn that they slowly starved with a destroyed stomach a few alphas back, was this changed or am I going crazy?

That is awfully peculiar though, I would assume that one could not digest food if the stomach was destroyed.. how are they doing it... Some weird cell-by-cell absorption?
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

TLHeart

They can survive without a stomach, just takes them 6 hours to eat a meal.

OpposingForces

you don't need to have a stomach in order to eat. your intestines are what absorb nutrients, you'r stomach just breaks the food down making it easier to absorb. your saliva also starts the breaking down process.
No one can hear you scream in space. But the Raiders get a chuckle from you screaming while a boomrat eats you.

cultist

How about colonists with no stomach can only eat straight from the Nutrient Resynthezier tube. Slurrrrp!

Tynan

They mash up the food and eat it with a tube. Very slowly.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog