Hangover cure

Started by TheDirge, September 13, 2015, 06:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheDirge

I am in need of a hangover cure..RIGHT NOW ._.

FridayBiology

A slug of alcohol should help for abit though depends if you've still have high enough amount of alcohol in your system to cheat your body... downside is that later on you'll feel it worse.

I suggest ear phones playing something low to muffle out external loud noises.
Grab green leaf veg and eat raw avoid your fired bacon and go with bread, fiber and starch.

Next time try eating fish and chips (food with a heap of oil and fats) which can line your stomach to reduce absorbtion rate as well as something chips to soak up liquids :3
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Adamiks

Time is the best cure.

But seriously - there is no real "cure" for a hangover etc. We can transplant your heart but we can't help you with a simple cold hangover. Sorry! ;D

Thorin

Late to the party.

I don't have a cure but how about somewhat preventing it from happening ;)

And no, you can still drink alcohol.
Before going to bed, drink a lot of water (1/2L at least) and take some with you as well in case of thirst during the night.
It prevents the dehydration during the night because of the alcohol breakdown in the body which requires water.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Facepunch

have a shot. And a lot of water. The shot will help with alcohol withdrawal, the water will help with dehydration.
Although, if you're still hungover by now, take it up with your doctor.

Pressure_Drop

Personally, I tend to drink a whole lot of water.

Like, as much as I can get down. Then, one or two of those water soluble fizzy Vitamin B12 tablets. They taste terrible, but I find they work.

Failing all that, something oily. I usually have an emergency stash of corn chips in the cupboard for The Morning After.

NuclearStudent

Hangovers are actually caused by brain dehydration.

Drink water, and don't touch anything with caffeine. Caffeine makes your kidneys take water out of your bloodstream, making hangovers worse.

Regret

Lie in bed the whole day, worrying about the choices you have made in your life.

Or, you know, read a book or watch a movie. Anything to make time go by.

TheGentlmen

Best answer:
Stop drinking.

You'll save your wallet. According to statistics, if your in Canada you could save about 1K a year!

Or you could chug on more of it. I recommend my first option tho.

skullywag

water water and bacon flavour crisps...not sure on the last one but they seem to help me. The best cure is to down 2 pints of water (no matter how painful it is) BEFORE going to bed. I dont get hangovers anymore if I manage to do this.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

MindFruitNinja

Quote from: Adamiks on September 16, 2015, 06:08:14 PM
Time is the best cure.

Seconded! The most terrible hangover can't be cured even by gallons of water. You can only wait, and maybe eat something. If you can raise your head at all, of course - that doesn't always happen. Personal experience!
A mind in which hyperactivity and creativity fuses. Sucks at drawing, writes a lot instead. A lot.

Fanfiction.net profile | On Reddit