[A14] ESM - e's small mods (Custom Population - NEW!)

Started by 1000101, September 13, 2015, 02:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e's small mods

This is the public release of some small RimWorld mods I made for myself.

All mods require the Community Core Library and unless otherwise noted, all mods work on existing saves.

Custom Population - v0.14.0
REQUIRES: CCL v0.14.0 or later

Adds an MCM to allow you to override the population settings of all installed storytellers.

Do Not Disturb - v0.14.0.2

Pawns don't like other pawns just waltzing into their personal rooms. When pawns really want privacy, they'll let you know by forbidding their room doors from other pawns.

This mod uses a map component which checks twice per second (every 30 "ticks") for the status of colonists. It won't forbid/unforbid while paused. Drafting sleeping colonists will unforbid their doors, give them half a second, they just woke up.

Mine Vein - v0.14.0

A handy tool to designate an entire vein of resources to be mined at once. You will find the new "Mine Vein" designator beside the "Mine" designator in the orders tab.  The designator will also appear directly on mineable resources when selected.

Mountain Temp - v0.14.0

Just below the surface of the planet, the rock is a fairly stable temperature. This mod stabilizes rooms with any portion of a natural roof to either the seasonal average, annual average or a fixed point temperature (configurable in the MCM). The more and thicker the natural roof, the more it will move towards this temperature. Extreme temperatures can still effect rooms deep underground through the passage ways leading to them so don't expect a constant temperature all the time.

Smooth Wall - v0.14.0.2

Requires Stonecutting research.

Tired of mining for rock chunks and coming up short? Want some strong, beautiful, natural walls? After digging a cave in the mountain you can just carve out a new environment by smoothing the walls. Because they are solid rock, don't expect to build anything under them. You will find "Smooth Wall" next to "Cancel" in the structures tab.  The designator will also appear directly on rock walls when selected.

Download

All mods are separate and unique downloads.

github

Credit

All credit for designator textures go to mrofa and shinzy.

Redistribution and General License

All source is original.

Permissions:  I am no longer modding RimWorld.  I give free and clear permission to anyone who wants to update and upload these mods.  Please give me credit for the original implementation but you are otherwise free to do with them as you will.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

rsdworker

looks very good i downloaded a do not disturb mod - its useful for it

cuproPanda

Do Not Disturb, Mountain Temp, Smooth Wall: yes! I can't wait to try these tonight. These are perfect for my mountain bases!

Mine Vein: are there any feature differences between this and JuliaEllie's Veinminer? Assuming there are differences, are they compatible with each other?
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

joshwoo69

cuproPanda

Quote from: joshwoo69 on September 13, 2015, 07:12:36 PM
@cupropanda
he did talk on slack on a veinminer mod.
I'm not part of it, and I rarely get on here other than to update my stuff. Today was different, I was at my grandparent's house. Also, this forum is viewed by a lot of people, not just fellow modders. I can always test it out and find out the differences for myself, but a little info is useful for everyone viewing the thread.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

The Mine Vein I present here is functionally the same (and therefore redundant with) JuliaEllies Vein Miner.  I wrote my own several alphas ago while waiting for her mod to update.  She is currently taken a break from the modding scene and hasn't updated her mod to A12 (afaik).  I talked to her weeks ago about my releasing this in the event she doesn't update hers.  She didn't, I did.  :)

As I said, functionally similar but that is where it ends.  My code is my code, her code is her code, I didn't look at hers and I doubt she looked at mine (since I only uploaded it in the last 24 hours).

The main difference, however, is that my mod is only the designator to mine veins (no other designators), and being up-to-date with the current RimWorld Alpha.  ;)
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

MisterVertigo

In your description of Smooth Wall you say "Because they are solid rock, don't expect to build anything under them." Does this mean you cannot build power conduits inside of them?

Still very useful, but I just want to be sure. Thanks!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

MisterVertigo,

I think you answered your own question there.  ;)