[A14] ESM - e's small mods (Custom Population - NEW!)

Started by 1000101, September 13, 2015, 02:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'll have to look into the error with Smooth Wall.

The reason you want to smooth walls is because of strength and beauty.  As a trade off, it takes longer to make (it's a work of art, not a stack of bricks).

Also...

Update!

Mountain Temp runs less frequently (every 60 ticks instead of every 10) with 6x greater effect so the net change is the same.  This should lag large mountain bases less.

Mine Vein adds Korean translation by Latta.

Smooth Wall adds Korean translation (again by Latta) as well as a reverse designator.  Unfortunately, the "Cancel" designator is coded in such a way that it doesn't recognize Smooth Wall so it won't show the cancel button, you can still cancel it through the normal designator method though.

Smoothing walls now also adds experience to construction, mining and artistic skills.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Yet-Another-Update 3

This fixes those nasty null reference errors on Smooth Wall in a save-friendly fashion.

Also adds reverse designation for Mine Vein.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Creat

Thank you very much for the quick fix. I'll give it a go a little bit later today, much appreciated!

Mountain Temp Update

Changed equalization mechanic
+ Any room with a natural roof will try to equalize
+ Rooms equalize towards 0C
+ Formula uses percentage of thick, thin and constructed roofs

Powered By

Mountain Temp Fixes

Fixes for the MT mod.  Plays a lot nicer with RedistHeat (and other heating/cooling mods) as well as not going derpy during heat waves and cold snaps.
+ Does not factor in outside temperature and constructed roofs directly into target mountain temp - This happens in the core equalization
+ Now completely ignores heating and cooling buildings instead of trying to co-op with them.

Powered By

ttc

Getting an error trying to load the mine vein mod. Unloaded all mods except Core, CCL user release 0.12.3b and mine vein. Restarted multiple times with no mods or 3 mods enabled, but same error.

Using osx 10.10.5

I've attached a screenshot of the error I'm getting below.

Any suggestions?

[attachment deleted due to age]

This is an issue in CCL, we thought we resolved it, but I guess not entirely.  Unfortunately, nobody on the CCL team has a Mac to test specific platform conditions on, we are Windows/Linux users.  Testing under Windows/Linux is easy enough as there are no proprietary hardware restrictions (even though Mac's use the exact same hardware, except branded for Macs with an inflated price).

This will take some more investigation, thanks for reporting.  :)

Powered By

MisterVertigo

I just created a new colony on a new world, and the MineVein does not appear to be working. I don't get a new button next to the Mine button. I just upgraded to CCL 12.3. I don't appear to be getting any errors in-game.

I do use a few other mods too:
Core
EdBModOrder
Community Core Library
Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks
EdBInterface
ED-Core
ED-LaserDrill
LessIncidentTrolling
LT_DoorMat
LT_ExpHistory
LT_FixBone
LT_NoCleaningPlease
LT_Soiling
Pawn State Icons
RW_EnhancedTabs-12d.4g
ESM - MineVein

I had been using the older VeinMiner mod, but I wanted to switch to this one since you appear to be more active in keeping your mods up-to-date. I removed that one however before I loaded yours.

I've attached my output_log.txt file if that helps.

Thank you!

[attachment deleted due to age]
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

MisterVertigo

Well, I just tried it on another computer and it seems to be working. I have RimWorld on a USB stick with all my saves and everything on it so I can transport it between home and work, so the configurations should be the same.

Anyway, it looks like it's more likely an issue with my setup than anything with your mod. Sorry!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Combat Realism version of Smooth Wall

This update adds a version of Smooth Wall for Combat Realism.  Obviously requires Combat Realism to be loaded before Smooth Wall.

Powered By

Joeofthefallen

So I'm currently using the SK hardcore pack, which says that it has Smooth Wall in it, but it's not showing up for me as a separate mod in the mod pack, nor is it working in game if it is hidden somewhere.

I have separately loaded in your just released Combat Realism version, but since it requires stonecutting to be researched first and SK doesn't use that, I'm a bit confused on how to make it available ingame.

Is there somewhere in the mod files I can edit to either remove the requirement for Stonecutting as a prerequisite, or link it to another research unlock?

Thanks for any help you can give, I like mountain bases, and tearing down and rebuilding all internal walls has been a real pain.

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Joeofthefallen on October 11, 2015, 02:06:39 AM
So I'm currently using the SK hardcore pack, which says that it has Smooth Wall in it, but it's not showing up for me as a separate mod in the mod pack, nor is it working in game if it is hidden somewhere.

I have separately loaded in your just released Combat Realism version, but since it requires stonecutting to be researched first and SK doesn't use that, I'm a bit confused on how to make it available ingame.

Is there somewhere in the mod files I can edit to either remove the requirement for Stonecutting as a prerequisite, or link it to another research unlock?

Thanks for any help you can give, I like mountain bases, and tearing down and rebuilding all internal walls has been a real pain.
Use SpecialInjectors ^_^

Ask E about how they work.

Quote from: JoeofthefallenSo I'm currently using the SK hardcore pack, which says that it has Smooth Wall in it, but it's not showing up for me as a separate mod in the mod pack, nor is it working in game if it is hidden somewhere.

I didn't know of any mod which hides some of the vanilla tech (aside from my own personal tweaks removing ship building and related research).  I'll do a new release of Smooth Walls (both variants) which are more flexible for what research is required.  At the moment it's hard-coded, but sources are available on github for those who want to change things to their own tastes.

Quote from: TheGentlmen (GENT)Use SpecialInjectors ^_^

Ask E about how they work.

That wouldn't really help in this case as the special injectors in CCL happen before a game is started/loaded and the research requirement is hard-coded and thus inaccessible without recompiling.  I'll do a more modpack friendly version "soon."