[A14] ESM - e's small mods (Custom Population - NEW!)

Started by 1000101, September 13, 2015, 02:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekko

Quote from: 1000101 on October 15, 2015, 04:55:36 AM
Quote from: Ekko on October 13, 2015, 07:02:16 PM
Quote from: MisterVertigo on September 29, 2015, 01:39:58 PM
Well, I just tried it on another computer and it seems to be working. I have RimWorld on a USB stick with all my saves and everything on it so I can transport it between home and work, so the configurations should be the same.

Anyway, it looks like it's more likely an issue with my setup than anything with your mod. Sorry!
That didn't fix it for me sadly.
This mod seems to work only every once in a while. It literally just doesn't work most of the time..and all the sudden when starting the game it works again. Seems very random to me, anything I could provide to give you more info on this problem? I love this mod, makes life easier and wish it would work reliably.

I think the problem stems from CCL and when CCL injects the designators.  One of the causes is that other mods may be doing things with the designators which undoes what CCL has done.  This issue (and a bunch of other smaller bugs) has been addressed in CCLs code base and will be available in the next release (0.12.4).
Alright, thank you very much for fixing it!  :)

hyprformnce

Yeah, not sure what is going on. The vein miner mod has never reliably added the "mine vein" designator.
Now, in my attempt to find the right mod order, I can't even get it to work alone

Mods: Core, CCL, Combat Realism, ESM - Vein Miner
no error messages, debug mode is on

What info would help diagnose?

Thanks,

(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

hyprformnce

rimworld A12
CCL: 0.12.4
combat realism: 1.4.0
vein miner: 0.12.3

in that order

I've never been able to reproduce his error.  No one can give me specific triggers to cause it.  I'm going to put it out there that there are a lot of bad/corrupt installs of the game.  Installing new versions of the game/mods over top of old ones ("dirty" install).

I would suggest people make sure they have a "clean" install of the game and all mods.  Try a whole new world + colony and see what happens.  If a clean install and a new world + colony still causes issues, then perhaps there is something about my install that let's it work, but I very much doubt the inverse is true (things don't fail and work correctly vs succeed and not work at all).
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

hyprformnce

Saved Mods folder
Removed Rimworld
Redownloaded Rimworld
Cleared %user_profile%/LocalLow/Ludeon Studeos
Enabled EdB's ModOrder, Vein Miner, Core, Combat Realism Core, and CCL
Created new world
Created new game
No "mine vein" designator appears after selecting mine-able rock

Does having other mods in the mod folder affect your mod, despite not being enabled?
Let me know what else I can provide. I'd like to use your vein miner mod, and other mods (I believe, including your smooth wall mod) do not have this issue.

There are no known mods which conflict with any of mine (although JulaEllies Vein Miner is redundant with my Mine Vein).  I use all my mods with quite a few other mods without any issue including parts of Clutter, parts of Miscellaneous, parts of MD2, a large set of smaller mods "wholesale."

The only mod I don't use which everybody seems to is "EdB Mod Order" and that's just because I edit my mods config list manually (faster and easier than any UI).  I can't see any reason that would conflict, however.