[A14] ESM - e's small mods (Custom Population - NEW!)

Started by 1000101, September 13, 2015, 02:36:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I haven't encountered any problems in my play testing since updating CCL (v0.12.6).  If you can provide your output logs and (if they are relevant) screen shots to show the problem, it would be helpful.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Asmith

The temperature underground should be something like that average of the temperature of any area over many thousands of years.  You would have to be in a very cold area for the average to be 0C.  For Rimworld it would be realistic enough for the underground average to be an average of the January and July temps it gives at the beginning for the area you are setting up your colony in.  Not sure how easy it is to implement but it would make your mod a lot more realistic in terms of underground living.

sanya02

Hi! How to make a smooth wall-DamagePerStrike = 10, DamagePerStrike = 100??
You Can drop me a mail [email protected] fixed assembler smooth wall?!
Thanks in advance!

Quote from: Asmith on February 09, 2016, 08:59:29 PM
The temperature underground should be something like that average of the temperature of any area over many thousands of years.  You would have to be in a very cold area for the average to be 0C.  For Rimworld it would be realistic enough for the underground average to be an average of the January and July temps it gives at the beginning for the area you are setting up your colony in.  Not sure how easy it is to implement but it would make your mod a lot more realistic in terms of underground living.

I had thought of something like that, actually.  That mod originally targeted 15C and I changed it to 0C.  However, the temperature underground doesn't really have anything to do with how far north or south you are but how close you are to the planets core and the material density of the rock.  I'll see what I can do about making the target temp based on seasonal average though.

Quote from: sanya02 on February 10, 2016, 11:50:39 AM
Hi! How to make a smooth wall-DamagePerStrike = 10, DamagePerStrike = 100??
You Can drop me a mail [email protected] fixed assembler smooth wall?!
Thanks in advance!

The source is available on github, feel free to download it and make any changes you like.  Just please don't repost the changes to the internet without permission.  I have been feeling that smoothing walls is a little slow myself though.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Asmith

You actually have to be multiple miles underground in most places before you will start to see any effect from core or volcanic activity (of course there are geothermals everywhere in rimworld).  Just google "what temperature are caves"  and you will find most sources do indeed reference the average annual temperature in the area where the cave is located.  Anyway I am actually a fan of passive solar house technology, many of which use underground temps to stabilize the temperature of the house, which are sometimes built into hillsides etc.  Because the underground temperature is the average of the area, it will cool in the summer and heat in the winter, reducing energy costs.   I was disappointed to see no thermal effects for underground at all modeled in base rimworld, so I look forward to your implementation. 

sanya02