Holy Sh**

Started by AspenShadow, October 08, 2013, 08:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeiph

Don't hate steam, I'm coming from Greenlight ! Oh wait my mistake... PLLLEAAAASSE don't hate me !!! :'(

AspenShadow

It's gone up by 3 or 4 thousand alone from this morning which doesn't mean it's showing signs of slowing down despite having far exceeded it's goal.

British

Easy boys, Tynan said there was no hate so I provided mine... no need to bring yours :P

Zeiph

What ? Why wouldn't you like my hate? Are you hating my hate?

AspenShadow

Quote from: Zeiph on October 08, 2013, 03:56:41 PM

???  If you like I could hate you?
You wouldn't even have to change your avatar because I hate internet cats.

Zeiph

Quote from: AspenShadow on October 08, 2013, 03:59:35 PM
Quote from: Zeiph on October 08, 2013, 03:56:41 PM

???  If you like I could hate you?
You wouldn't even have to change your avatar because I hate internet cats.

Then let's hate-quote you. To DEATH.

Vandigeth

Hate the hate!  ;D

tl;dr: I <3 Steam

For whatever it's worth, I prefer Steam these days. Back in 2007, I was gungho anti-DRM of any kind. Steam won me over when I lost a case of my old CD/floppy games during multiple moves in college. Never did find them, but the copies I bought on Steam were still there for me to use. Plus, updates are applied automatically and features like Steam Workshop and Steam Sales (Summer/Winter) more than make up the value for lost privileges with respect to DRM. As someone else mentioned, some programs can still be executed without the Steam client running.

Will I install Origin? No. I'm still generally anti-DRM, but the value Steam provides more than compensates for the trade. For instance, Greenlight makes me aware of game projects I never would have otherwise heard of without cruising a hundred internet forums. Further, I still maintain libraries on the Humble Store and GoG for other DRM free titles. My only gripe with the Steam client is that I hope they create a SteamLite version that uses a tenth (or less) the system resources and only acts as a game library manager sans store/community/profile.

If Steam ever shuts down, I will likely never use another game client again and buy direct from developers. However, I have full faith that Steam isn't going anywhere and therefore have pretty much thrown all my eggs in their baskets with a few exceptions (GoG, Humble Shop).

AspenShadow

$92,500 as of noon today and I estimate we'll hit 100,000 before tomorrow morning!

5x the original goal  ;D

Reppyboyo

Pretty rad progress, think Tynan might come across the issue of how to spend it now.

Gazz

Quote from: Mansen on October 08, 2013, 09:15:41 AM300K would be incredible - But kicktraq almost never pans out.
The numbers are correct... but statistics are a science, not a crystal ball. =)

Quote from: Tynan on October 08, 2013, 02:34:47 PMThere's been almost zero hate so far, actually. It's been really nice.
That's pretty normal on a developer forum. Only users who actually care about the game bother to even create an account...

You get hate on non-specific forums like Steam. Every snot-nosed brat has something useful to say there. For values of useful.

Semmy

Quote from: Gazz on October 11, 2013, 09:45:02 AM
Quote from: Mansen on October 08, 2013, 09:15:41 AM300K would be incredible - But kicktraq almost never pans out.
The numbers are correct... but statistics are a science, not a crystal ball. =)

Quote from: Tynan on October 08, 2013, 02:34:47 PMThere's been almost zero hate so far, actually. It's been really nice.
That's pretty normal on a developer forum. Only users who actually care about the game bother to even create an account...

You get hate on non-specific forums like Steam. Every snot-nosed brat has something useful to say there. For values of useful.

If i check other gameboards/forums and community's like reddit i also so very little hate there.

I'm still betting at 150K+ for this kickstarter.
I feel bad i cant upgrade my pirate king to designer. I so much want to design a weapon tbh d-:
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

AspenShadow

Quote from: Semmy on October 11, 2013, 10:49:04 AM
I feel bad i cant upgrade my pirate king to designer. I so much want to design a weapon tbh d-:

If you are thinking about it I'd advise to hurry a little, we got a new Designer Tier member in the past 24 hours and now there's only 7 spots left.

Semmy

Quote from: AspenShadow on October 11, 2013, 11:17:57 AM
Quote from: Semmy on October 11, 2013, 10:49:04 AM

I already saw the designer tier jump up and down between 2/3 out of 10 multiple times.. so im not that worried. And i doubt ny wife would aprove

If you are thinking about it I'd advise to hurry a little, we got a new Designer Tier member in the past 24 hours and now there's only 7 spots left.
Edmund Burke

AspenShadow

Is it just me or are there tons of new members on the forums in the past couple of days?
Well, that or they've been here since the beginning and haven't posted 'til now.

Semmy

Quote from: AspenShadow on October 11, 2013, 11:24:53 AM
Is it just me or are there tons of new members on the forums in the past couple of days?
Well, that or they've been here since the beginning and haven't posted 'til now.

Tons of new members I see the user count growing every day. Check the forum statistics.
Edmund Burke