Holy Sh**

Started by AspenShadow, October 08, 2013, 08:38:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

British

And none of them seem to be able to find the "Search" link up there ! :o ::) ;)

Hypolite

Chill out, gran'pa, and don't forget to take your pills, everything will be fine :)

GC13

Quote from: British on October 11, 2013, 12:41:46 PM
And none of them seem to be able to find the "Search" link up there ! :o ::) ;)
Welcome to the Internet.

But seriously, it's largely pointless to chide them for not searching. You can let them know about search when you're done answering their question, but if the board's old hands get into the habit of simply saying "search for it" then you're going to build up a hostile culture that puts off new players.

British

I guess I should have put more smileys...

Also, GC13, seems like you have missed the dozen posts I'm made for answering people, where I do answer the question and explain how I found about that subject having been addressed already...

And I'll continue like so.
If some people find the answer and how I got it useful and they learn from it, all the better.
If they don't, and continue not doing their research, I'll answer and point the search again, and ultimately my sleep won't be affected.
I'll also continue joking about it if I'm in such a mood.

GC13

I wasn't accusing, just stating: when people start getting up in arms about the search feature not being used, rather than taking it in stride, things start getting unpleasant. >.>

Spike

And there's $100k.  8)  Congrats on 500% funding! 

salt1219

Quote from: Spike on October 12, 2013, 01:17:34 PM
And there's $100k.  8)  Congrats on 500% funding!

and its still going, i think we might hit 300k or more.

Keyreper

since the game has more than 500% funding... do you think the game will come out on steam sooner?

Semmy

Quote from: Keyreper on October 12, 2013, 02:16:32 PM
since the game has more than 500% funding... do you think the game will come out on steam sooner?

it has absolutely nothing to do with each other (-:
steam works through selection. The selection can either be greenlight or true one of there employees being your contact or noticing your game.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

AspenShadow

And with 34 hours left we only have a measly $231,000 to work with, that's about... 1155% funded.

So the question remains gentlemen, can we hit $240,000 before the end of dayswithout Rimworld?!

British

The question is irrelevant: the end of days came and went already.

SteveAdamo

Quote from: AspenShadow on October 31, 2013, 08:35:16 AM
So the question remains gentlemen, can we hit $240,000

at the pace the campaign has been maintaining, and given yesterday's massive surge, its certainly seems reasonable... :)

Zorbane

Don't forget there's an unknown amount of money pledged via Paypal

GC13

Quote from: Zorbane on October 31, 2013, 02:04:07 PM
Don't forget there's an unknown amount of money pledged via Paypal
$30,000 after fees, as of two days ago.

Haplo

It's 27 hours left and we're at $237,162 CAD.
It really looks good that RimWorld will reach the 240k border.. 
Maybe we should take bets on 245k or even 250k? ;D