What you build walls out of affects the rooms wealth and impressiveness

Started by TLHeart, September 13, 2015, 07:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

Discovered this little gem while working on floors.

What you build walls out of affects the wealth of the room, which affects the impressiveness of the room.
(~ means approximately.)
For wood, each wall segment is valued at ~7.50
for steel, each wall segment is valued at ~10.70
and for blocks, each wall segment is valued at ~14.80
Doors appear to have no value as far as room calculations go.

hyperkiller

b0rsuk

Thorin

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

zandadoum

and my personal taste is still that wood is the most beautiful...

been in egypt, been in greece, turkey, japan... seen all sorts of arquitecture and seen all sorts of materials used...
and still prefer a nice wood over the rest.

but that's just me i guess.

b0rsuk

Marble is the second softest stone in the game, so at least for durability it can't be the best. But in general I agree, marble is not good enough. It's marginally prettier for sculptures than other stones, and there's a minor market  value bonus. But sculpture quality has much bigger impact than stone used. For walls, doors, floors marble offers no extra benefit.

It would be nice to have a system of likes/dislikes for colonists. Dwarves in Dwarf Fortress can like or dislike certain things, for example one dwarf likes purring maggots, but dislikes goats. Another likes wood, but hates feather trees.

Kelian

I wonder where plasteel comes in at. I always construct walls and turrets out of it when I get the chance since it has so much of a higher hit point value.

Probably 0 I'd guess.

TLHeart

Quote from: Kelian on September 14, 2015, 02:55:24 PM
I wonder where plasteel comes in at. I always construct walls and turrets out of it when I get the chance since it has so much of a higher hit point value.

Probably 0 I'd guess.

I never build plasteel walls, but should have known somebody would ask;

so plasteel wall segments have a value of ~136.30

hyperkiller

Quote from: TLHeart on September 14, 2015, 03:44:37 PM
Quote from: Kelian on September 14, 2015, 02:55:24 PM

Probably 0 I'd guess.

I never build plasteel walls, but should have known somebody would ask;

so plasteel wall segments have a value of ~136.30

But when you have an op mod that makes plasteel from like a mining hole... Got to use it :D lol but I prefer marble walls since they have 0℅ flamibilty

Too-DAMN-Much

Quote from: b0rsuk on September 14, 2015, 11:20:16 AMIt would be nice to have a system of likes/dislikes for colonists. Dwarves in Dwarf Fortress can like or dislike certain things, for example one dwarf likes purring maggots, but dislikes goats. Another likes wood, but hates feather trees.

neat suggestion. +1