[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

Damn, that is a pretty sweet mod. Can really see people loving this kind of flexibility.

edit: referring to the new Spatial Priorities mod in case it wasn't obvious

Tgr

love your mods, but i'm really glad i backed up everything before you ignored tynan's request not to update in place... but i am mostly waiting to switch over because i am subscribed to dozens of big b19 content mods that may not be updated for quite a while, or ever.

Fluffy (l2032)

@TREH; thanks!

Regarding the updating in place, I actually had a discussion with Tynan about that, and I honestly think it was a bad suggestion to make. It goes against the expected workflow of Steam (where everything is always auto-updated by default), causes more work for modders, and splits up discussions and feedback across more places. There's also little to no benefit, as either way some part of the player population will need to find their mods again (either those staying on B19, or those sticking to 1.0). I take the view that mods should 'just work' for people who haven't taken any action to go back to a previous version, so I updated in place. People who went back to a previous version already have to select a beta branch, and are more likely to be computer literate enough to make manual installs for the mods they like.

That said, making backups should _always_ be the preferred approach. Whenever you start a new game, make a backup of your mod list, so that nothing any authors do on their steam mods can interfere with your game. You can always switch in a newer steam version manually if needed.

Tgr

understandable, i can see how you'd reach that conclusion. for me personally i was just easier to back it up and continue playing, because i suspect it will take weeks or months for my entire modlist to be updated to 1.0.

FWIW, i reinstalled rimworld on a new hard drive after backing up my mods, and accidentally forgot to sign up for the b19 beta... and started a game on 1.0 using my b19 modlist. (not sure how that happened...) anyhow, no errors, and when i realized i was probably breaking the game, i tried to see whether i could just open the save for that playthrough after i resubscribed to the b19 beta. zero errors, except with the buggy outfitter mod! i'm sure some items have some weird stats, but weirdly looks like the 1.0 changes left most mods without major issues.

viperwasp

Small heads up. You may be fully aware Fluffy but at least Blueprints is still version 0.19. I bet it's 100% compatible. And I know not all mod makers have update that and some may not plan to. But it does appear red in list. And just encase this is something you don't know about or it's not updated I wanted to let you know. Thanks again.

P.S If a mod is 100% compatible but is in red. Can I edit the text file and change the version #? Is that the only change that is needed? Now if the mod really needs other work I know it won't work. But if you were to update your Blueprints is that all you would change right now? I'm just curious as I'm not a modder.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Fluffy (l2032)

@viperwasp; I _have_ updated all my mods, both on GitHub and on steam. Are you sure you're on the latest version?

viperwasp

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on October 19, 2018, 03:33:14 AM
@viperwasp; I _have_ updated all my mods, both on GitHub and on steam. Are you sure you're on the latest version?

Okay this is what happened. If you click directly on Blueprints the hyperlink built into the word Blueprints. You come to this page.
18 days ago it was updated.
https://github.com/FluffierThanThou/Blueprints/releases/tag/v1.11.33

But if I click on any of the icons next to it yes I do get the current version. So we were both right. lol I'm good now.

Hey Fluffy I'm still putting a mod pack together and running tests. I have a lot of mods. But I keep getting errors "Pawn name" did not get relax job. And I also got this error

LOG (This error appears every time I switch from Manual to Priority in Work Tab. You know form Check marks to Numbers. )
Exception filling window for WorkTab.MainTabWindow_WorkTab: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at WorkTab.PriorityManager.set_ShowPriorities (Boolean value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WorkTab.MainTabWindow_WorkTab+<>c.<DoToggleButtons>b__31_1 (Boolean val) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WorkTab.InteractionUtilities.ButtonImageToggle (System.Func`1 getter, System.Action`1 setter, Rect canvas, System.String tipOn, UnityEngine.Texture2D texOn, System.String tipOff, UnityEngine.Texture2D texOff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WorkTab.MainTabWindow_WorkTab.DoToggleButtons (Rect canvas) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at WorkTab.MainTabWindow_WorkTab.DoWindowContents (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)
-------------

I suspect it may be related to Worktab and or Hospitality? It could be other things I'm going to run some tests. Probably won't be until tomorrow that I have more info. Your Tab Mod works really well most of the time which is why I don't think is it work tab but I wanted to post this just encase it helps.

Here is a more complex log. Thanks.
https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/e4075b5a868cea3b544a2629b5178c1c
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Canute

viperwasp,
don't allways look so close the the given links. Look a bit clever.
When you use the link you posted you are geting the B19 version, that indicate the (0.19.2009).
And you don't see other releases since you use the "tag" link.
Use the "Blueprints" hyperlink at the first link at github to switch to the project overview, then select releases, and you can see all releases, even the newest for 1.0 ( v2.0.36 (1.0.2057)).

Canute

Fluffy,
something strange with the modmanager v1.4.646
I add Mod manager as second mod after Core, restart Rimworld.
Then with the Mod manager UI i add mods like hugslib direct from the left side with double click and geting these errors.
Exception filling window for ModManager.Page_BetterModConfig: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[ModManager.ModButton].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[ModManager.ModButton].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ModManager.Page_BetterModConfig.DoAvailableMods (Rect canvas) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ModManager.Page_BetterModConfig.DoWindowContents (Rect canvas) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Mouse position stack is not empty. There were more calls to BeginScrollView than EndScrollView. Fixing.
Verse.Widgets:EnsureMousePositionStackEmpty()
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

But when i filter the left side, like for hugs for hugslib, and add the mod with doubleclick no error appear.

Draging the mod from left to right don't give an error.

Btw. i think it would be useful to disable the Search mod at the workshop at the github version ! :-) It cause an error at the non-steam version.

[attachment deleted due to age]

GrumpyProgrammer

I discovered an odd bug with Spacial Priorities. All grow zones after the first will have the same crop, regardless of what is chosen. This will not change even after deleting and re-establishing a grow zone. The only way to reset what is being grown is to delete all grow zones and then make a new one, which then becomes the only crop that will be grown.

Any crop zone can be set to other crops, but only the original set crop will actually be planted and harvested.

There are no errors in the error log. This happens even with only Core, HugsLib, ModSync, and Mod Manager as the other mods.

Morbo513

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on October 17, 2018, 09:43:23 AM
new BETA mod; Spatial Priorities;
https://github.com/FluffierThanThou/SpatialPriorities

=============================

Some spaces are more important than others

# Features
Adds a designator in the "Zone" menu that allows you to apply priorities to areas. Pawns follow the priorities you set in the Work tab, but will choose to do jobs in high priority areas (e.g. your medicine crops) before jobs in low priority areas (e.g. the hay fields).

In the core game, the priority of jobs is decided by (in order);
  1) Priority of the work type,
  2) Left-right order of the work type,
  3) Left-right order of the task (WorkGivers, normally invisible),
  4) Distance to the target.

This mod changes that to; 
  1) Priority of the work type (Work Tab support for workgiver level priorities is planned)
  2) Left-right order of the work type,
  3) Priority of the target area,
  4) Left-right order of the task,
  5) Distance to the target.

In other words, we evaluate all workgivers in the same worktype, with the same priority, at the same time. Within this 'batch' of potential jobs, we try to find the highest priority job.

# Notes
Adds a MapComponent;
- Can be safely added to existing games.
- Can be safely removed from existing games (although you will get an error when you load the game, the error goes away after saving without this mod active).

# Performance
Performance will vary, depending on how much you use priorities, and how often work is done in high priority areas. I'd love to hear feedback on how it runs in your game.

# Compatibility
This mod completely replaces `JobGiver_Work`, by replacing it in all `ThinkTreeDefs`. Any mods that rely on patching this class will be incompatible, but at the moment, I'm not aware of any mods that do this (I haven't looked very hard though).
This is something I've been wanting since I first figured my arse from my head in this game, awesome work man.

Sirsim

Quote from: GrumpyProgrammer on October 22, 2018, 04:05:53 PM
I discovered an odd bug with Spacial Priorities. All grow zones after the first will have the same crop, regardless of what is chosen. This will not change even after deleting and re-establishing a grow zone. The only way to reset what is being grown is to delete all grow zones and then make a new one, which then becomes the only crop that will be grown.

Any crop zone can be set to other crops, but only the original set crop will actually be planted and harvested.

There are no errors in the error log. This happens even with only Core, HugsLib, ModSync, and Mod Manager as the other mods.

I confirm the same. Most strange is that if you put a hydroponic basin attached to the grow zone, you can set the crop type not only to the basin but to the grow zone too.
True self and happiness lies in the space between two thoughts.

Morbo513

I spend the last day confused as all hell, bugging people in the troubleshooting discord channel, to find I was having the same issue

Fluffy (l2032)

Interesting, those were not exactly the kind of bugs I was expecting. Thanks for the feedback!

jpinard

Hi Fluffy.  I LOVE your mods.  They are so amazing!  I'm using nearly all of them.  But I'm having an issue with the work one.  I was trying to plant crops and only one person could be assigned to do it.  I was so confused.  Is it too cold?  Did I somehow have don't sow going?  After checking everything I then went to the work tab to see if somehow everyone got unassigned from planting.  And then I see - oh no!  Everyone but 1 person had totally disappeared from the work tab.  Not just they they didn't exist, but the entire work tab was blank.  Nothing there to even click.  Thankfully I reloaded from the last autosave.  But it happened twice more with increasing frequency.

What do you need to try and track this down?