[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

@jpinard; an output_log, and if possible a save game would be extremely helpful.

bigheadzach

Blueprints' latest release is 2.0.36 but commit notes suggest you had intended to release 2.1.37. Just confirming what's out there is the latest stable version.

knainoa

I'm having an issue with Pharmacist, it seems that the only value doctors care about is what medicine default is assigned to colonists/prisoners/whatever by the Medicine Tab mod, rather than the priorities set by Pharmacist. I've loaded Pharm after Med Tab but the game still seems to prioritize Med Tab medicine defaults. Is this a choose one or the other scenario or what?

lorebot

Quote from: knainoa on October 28, 2018, 03:30:53 AM
I'm having an issue with Pharmacist, it seems that the only value doctors care about is what medicine default is assigned to colonists/prisoners/whatever by the Medicine Tab mod, rather than the priorities set by Pharmacist. I've loaded Pharm after Med Tab but the game still seems to prioritize Med Tab medicine defaults. Is this a choose one or the other scenario or what?

From my experience the Medicine Tab mod will control the upper limit of what Pharmacist will use. So if you have the pawn limited to herbal medicine than the doctors won't ever use better than that regardless of Pharmacist's settings. But if you have the pawn set to glitterworld medicine in Medicine Tab that allows Pharmacist to control what medicines are used for treatments.

Fluffy (l2032)

@bigheadzach; re: blueprints' version; I suspect I just forgot to update the forum page, but I'll have a look.
re: Mod Manager; yeah, I'm trying to use the steam api without checking if it's actually available. I'll get a fix out tonight.
@knainoa, lorebot; What lorebot says is correct, both the vanilla per-pawn medical settings (which is what you're changing in the medical tab) and Pharmacists' per-disease settings provide an upper bound to what can be used. If either of the two specifies Herbal Medicine only, no better medicine will be used.

Codexehow

Very sorry if someone has asked this. Is saving work presents in Work Tab still supported? I remember it was a thing in A17 or A18...not sure.

It was very nice, with lots of icons. But I can't seem to find this functionality anymore. If it is still supported, how does one create said presets?

If it became too complex to support, I totally understand. I love your mods; you make this game a lot better.

JT

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on October 29, 2018, 04:08:18 AM
re: Mod Manager; yeah, I'm trying to use the steam api without checking if it's actually available. I'll get a fix out tonight.

I just tried every release on Github from October 29 through the November 06 version and I still get the same error with the Ludeon-bought DRM-free version.

QuoteRoot level exception in Update(): System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for ModManager.CrossPromotionManager ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Steamworks is not initialized.
  at Steamworks.InteropHelp.TestIfAvailableClient () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Steamworks.SteamUtils.GetAppID () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ModManager.CrossPromotionManager..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at ModManager.Page_BetterModConfig.WindowUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.WindowStack.WindowsUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.UIRoot.UIRootUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.UIRoot_Entry.UIRootUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.Root:Update_Patch1 (object)
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

I should note that while I am running the Ludeon DRM-free version, I actually do have Steam running at the moment, if that makes a difference.  (I use the Steam copy of the game only so far as is needed to download files from the Workshop, for those mods that release exclusively there.)

[edit] Nope, just tested with Steam off and no changes -- still get the logspam in debug mode.  No improvement after cleaning out the A17 cruft I still had in my AppData folder, either.

Canute

lorebot

@Fluffy I've got a sort of unique situation and i'm wondering if there's a way to use Manager to deal with it, so far I haven't thought of a way to do it.

I like having chickens at my colonies, both for meat and for eggs. So I try to keep 2 separate groups of chickens, one for egg laying and one for breeding. I can't find a way to easily manage that with the Manager tho. I can assign males and females to different areas, but there's no way to specify a certain number of females to be kept in one area away from the males and the rest with the males. I end up having to manage it all manually which is complicated by the fact that the Manager butchers chickens seemingly at random when there are too many, so I can't find a way to designate 10 or so female chickens that won't be butchered. When the limit is reached by juveniles reaching adulthood I often loose some of my unfertilized egg laying stock and then have to manually change what area some of the females are staying in to replace them. It also means that I can't use the Manager to automatically assign areas to chickens because it only has a distinction for adults/juveniles or male/female.

My first thought was to just make 2 different jobs for handling chickens, but there's no way to do that I can find and I'm pretty sure it would create all sorts of conflicts between the two jobs. So I think the best way to do it would be to allow a way to specify numbers of an animal to be assigned to an area before it starts assigning them to another area, maybe with a slider or something. I can't really think of any other animal that this would be required for tho since I think only chickens will lay unfertilized eggs so adding such an option would really be a solution for a very niche/edge case issue that i'm not sure would be really worth the effort to fix to anyone but me :)

Fluffy (l2032)

@Canute, JT: yeah, I missed something which means the bug still occurs. I know this, and even flagged it for myself, and then completely forgot to actually do something about it. Sorry!
@lorebot; Yep, managing chickens (or other egg-laying livestock) can be a bit of a pain. Personally, I tend to keep male chickens separate, and only farm chickens for eggs (their meat potential is horrid). When the number of chickens starts dropping, I'll let the males do their thing for a while, then seclude them again. Not ideal, but it works.

A better way of managing egg layers has been on my agenda, but I haven't put any serious effort into it.

A few (random) other comments;
re: butchering "at random"; the Manager butchers the youngest juveniles and the oldest adults first. The underlying assumption is that the goal is to have as much breeding age livestock as possible.
re: different jobs; you're right, there's no way to create multiple jobs for one species. You're also right about the reason, doing so would mean I have to track which animals and designations belong to which job, and it just gets to be horribly messy down from there. Note that 'egg management' probably also implies that I have to keep more detailed records, which may mean it's infeasible - or at least not worth the effort. E.g. when doing something like you suggest (assign x animals to area 1, overflow goes to area 2), I need to make sure that the specific animals assigned to each area are the same each time the job is done.
re: (un)fertilized eggs; huh, I'm actually not sure. I assumed all egg-layers share the 'chicken mechanics', but come to think of it that's not how it works in real life, is it?

lorebot

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on November 12, 2018, 05:52:31 AM
@lorebot; Yep, managing chickens (or other egg-laying livestock) can be a bit of a pain. Personally, I tend to keep male chickens separate, and only farm chickens for eggs (their meat potential is horrid). When the number of chickens starts dropping, I'll let the males do their thing for a while, then seclude them again. Not ideal, but it works.

A better way of managing egg layers has been on my agenda, but I haven't put any serious effort into it.

A few (random) other comments;
re: butchering "at random"; the Manager butchers the youngest juveniles and the oldest adults first. The underlying assumption is that the goal is to have as much breeding age livestock as possible.
re: different jobs; you're right, there's no way to create multiple jobs for one species. You're also right about the reason, doing so would mean I have to track which animals and designations belong to which job, and it just gets to be horribly messy down from there. Note that 'egg management' probably also implies that I have to keep more detailed records, which may mean it's infeasible - or at least not worth the effort. E.g. when doing something like you suggest (assign x animals to area 1, overflow goes to area 2), I need to make sure that the specific animals assigned to each area are the same each time the job is done.
re: (un)fertilized eggs; huh, I'm actually not sure. I assumed all egg-layers share the 'chicken mechanics', but come to think of it that's not how it works in real life, is it?

I don't think it would necessitate record keeping, just a simple check would suffice wouldn't it? How many animals are assigned to zone a? If less than specified assign more to the limit. Assign others to zone b. It wouldn't need to keep track of which ones are assigned, just that there are enough there. If they get flagged for butchering they would just get replaced on the next check. You'd end up getting some fertilized eggs out of them sometimes when they get reassigned, but I don't think it'd be a big issue.

As for egg laying mechanics, one of my very first games of rimworld I tried raising turkeys. It led me down a bit of a rabbit hole on the egg laying mechanic at the time, so if that hasn't changed in the past 2 years or so this is how it works: All egg layers in the game, except for chickens, the female will have 'egg progress' up to 50% and then it will stall there until they're fertilized by a male. So if you're raising turkeys, turtles, or whatever and you only have females they will never lay eggs. The females will just walk around at 50% egg progress until you get a male in there to do their thing, then the egg progress will continue to 100% and they will lay the fertilized egg. Chickens are the only animal in the game that can lay unfertilized eggs and if the chicken isn't fertilized by the time the egg progress reaches 50% it will continue to progress to 100% and then lay an unfertilized egg. It confused the crap out of me at first when I was trying to raise those turkeys because I just tamed a handful of females wanting the unfertilized eggs for food and not intending to butcher them for meat. But after a few ingame months I noticed there had been no eggs laid and that all the turkeys were stuck at 50% egg progress...so research happened...then I tamed a male turkey and things got out of hand for my newbie rimworld self...keeping turkeys sucks  :D

lorebot

Now that I think about it, a while ago I wondered if maybe there was a way to have the Manager send you a notice of excess livestock instead of just butchering them. That way you could manually arrange to butcher the ones you don't want, send them out with a caravan to be sold, or just assigned to a different area (if they're part of some sort of defensive boomrat horde or something :) ).

I like raising boomalopes for the chemfuel, but I don't like butchering them because of the explosions and fire involved...so I just sell them. But it would be nice to get notifications that they're over the limit I set so I'd know when it was time without having to manually check and count them up.

Fluffy (l2032)

@lorebot, sure, that sounds doable.

@Everyone; Work 'Favourites' are back, and better than ever!

Please check out the latest pre-release (https://github.com/FluffierThanThou/WorkTab/releases). It should work fine with existing games, but I'd like a little bit of feedback before I release it to the masses on steam.

Rambus200

What's the average time for the reducing crossings for the research tree mod? Mine is taking like 10 mins to load?

Keep in mind i have like 90 mods in total. Has anyone found a mod that increases the loading time for the Fluffy's research tree? Or even better a feature that saves the current topography of the research tree so it doesn't have to keep initializing the same tree organizing algorithm?

Thanks if someone can help! 8)