[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lupin III

Fluffy's Mods in use since ... ever.
One feature request for mod manager: would it be possible to add an option to sort mods by author? Half the time I know who made a mode, but I don't remember which name it actually has. There's also those mods from the same author that depend on each other and it would be nice to have them be besides each other in the mod list.

[EDIT] well, don't know why I never tried that, but entering the authors name into the search field does pretty much what's needed.

henk

hey there :)

Nice work on those mods, appreciating your efforts in this.
Unfortunately the 'FluffyBreakdowns' mod doesn't fit my needs :/.
I'm playing for days with my one and only colonization. My base is huge, to say the least.
Got machinery all over the place and the breaking down is a major waste of time (and of course material, but mostly time). I thought that would change with your mod, but unfortunately it didn't.
In fact, things got worse after applying your mod. Now my vast amount of machinery breaks down even more often, due to the sheer amount. One or even two people with the construction ability are not enough to maintain all the machines.
Furthermore I didn't see a way to adjust the deterioration rate or anything else useful to help me out (guess those values are saved within the .dll-files?)

EDIT: sorry, I was blind but now I can see xD. I didn't look into the mod menu settings duh. Now it works just fine :).

Flimflamshabam

Quote from: henk on March 03, 2019, 05:48:50 PM
So is it possible to implement a line of code in which oneself could set the deterioration rate for his/her needs? Or is that only possible with those .dll-files that I can't edit in any way?

There are two research items in-game that extend the duration of components meaning less time spent maintaining equipment, don't know if you've tried those/if they make a difference.

henk

Quote from: Flimflamshabam on March 03, 2019, 10:18:50 PM
There are two research items in-game that extend the duration of components meaning less time spent maintaining equipment, don't know if you've tried those/if they make a difference.
Yes, I've seen those research items. But to be honest, I didn't try them because I wasn't confident that they would make such a big difference. In order to make up for the increased maintenance work. But maybe they change everything (not only 10% decrease or something). I will try that the next days. But frankly a line of code to edit would still be a lot more comfortable ^^'.
Is it this complicated for a game like Rimworld? There should be a file somewhere... xD

Flimflamshabam

i seem to have encountered an issue with Birds and Bees, I neutered a couple of male muffalo in my colony to prevent them from constantly breeding with female muffalo, well they still try but because their part efficiency is 0% they sit there trying endlessly.

LiteEmUp

so i asked this in steam workshop and did not got any response.. i'm hoping to get better info here...

so any known mod incompatibilities with Fluffy's Breakdowns??? and where it would be in load order?? i assume load order does not matter as long as below core..

Riddle78

Quote from: LiteEmUp on March 28, 2019, 01:09:44 PM
so i asked this in steam workshop and did not got any response.. i'm hoping to get better info here...

so any known mod incompatibilities with Fluffy's Breakdowns??? and where it would be in load order?? i assume load order does not matter as long as below core..

Fluffy Breakdowns,to my knowledge,directly edits the Breakdown event so that it only fires if an object's maintenance needs,which are added by Fluffy Breakdowns,dip below a certain threshold,checked once per... I don't know how often,since I've never had a breakdown since installing the mod. So,with that knowledge,the only incompatibilities would be mods that also directly edit the Breakdown event. Many of my mod-added devices need maintenance with this mod installed,so I'm going to assume that it has baked-in universal compatibility.

LiteEmUp

is there a way to edit fluffy's breakdown, so it would slow down the degradation rate of all machines.. it feels like they degrade so fast, that i have to pull builders from their normal construction tasks to start repairing machines that are about to breakdown

Riddle78

There's a chain of research,starting with Hardened Components,that drastically reduces the rate of degradation once it's all said and done. Further,by default,switched off machines only degrade at one-third the rate. The mod's configurable in the mod settings menu.

temple_wing

Can I load the game with "only" mod manager? Means without core.

Canute

Yes, at last with 1.0.2059, but i don't see why it shouldn't work with the newer ones too.
Core is just a mod too.

CrazyMalk

Would it be possible to add a "Activate all mods" toggle to Mod Manager? Would be really useful!

Canute

CrazyMalk,
you are crazy !!
This is only useful when you pretty sure all mod's works well together.
When you adding mods, you should add them at small batches and watch the log window after if some error's pop up.

Namsan

Hello Fluffy, I love your mods.
I made a modded version of your mod, The birds and the bees RBSE edition.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1717832369
Of course, I included your name in the credits section.
Hello

Tocato

i have 19 tabs at the bottom and notice relations tab isnt showing? Is this a bug? Or is there a limit on how many mods that add to this?