[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickyMartini

OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD Fluffy

You should seriously be praised for this mods!

RickyMartini

By the way, I'm missing the overview for all the colonists. Meaning I'd like to see all the colonist relationships at once, just like when I'm looking at the faction relations.

dismar

That dancing cat on the front page.... mesmerizing.

prongssage

Can't wait to try your new mod. For me all your mods are a must have. Thank you for all your hard work.

Vee

Just tried Fluffies Relations, really nice! much easier to see who likes whom... Just weird that one tribe really hates my colony while we are indifferent towards them or some such... (the line is gray when the colony is selected and red when the tribe is selected) Can this be because the tribe just got a new chief?

Noopy

I don't know if it's a bug or if I am just doing it wrong but when using Blueprints I have a simple 5x6 room with a bed and I try dragging but it just keeps the selector up and won't create the blueprint. I can copy the walls but if I try to select the entire room it won't create the blueprint for me.

Fluffy (l2032)

yeah... I might add a button for that :P By default it shows relations only on the 'overview' mode, so only family and lovers and such.

I have a screenshot somewhere of what happens in largeish colonies if you show everything. It's kindof pretty :P.

edit:
Just remembered another issue with it, that I'm kindof having even with the narrowed down overview; relations between pawns aren't symmetric, pawn A's opinion of pawn B is not necessarily the same as pawn B's opinion of A. For factions, opinions are symmetric, which makes it much easier to just show them in a single overview. I'm not really sure how to handle this. I'd like to maybe draw two lines, or have one line go over a gradient between the two colours, but both solutions seriously complicate drawing of lines.

(technical: one line is simply a connection between the center of both pawns - there's a vanilla function for that. Two lines require an offset to be drawn next to eachother, but when all lines have different angles, that offset is a function of the angle - this complicates things a bit (and requires me to do more trigonometry, which I suck at horribly). A gradient would require that I generate a custom texture for each line. I've done that before for the color picker, so I know it can be done - but it's quite an expansion, both code wise and memory-wise (I'd have to keep a cache of all the encountered shades and lengths of lines - I'm not sure how big this would get).

Vee

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on April 14, 2016, 01:48:05 AM
For factions, opinions are symmetric, [...].
Actually, faction realtions are also (no longer?) asymmetric (see my post a little above). And that was not only during the change of leadership, the others had asymmetries as well, just not as pronounced, that the colors were hugely different...

Fluffy (l2032)

hmmm, I was fairly certain they were symmetric, I'll have to dig into the code a bit more to be sure. I suppose it's also possible I've made mistakes :)

Fluffy (l2032)

So i got tired of waiting for EdB to fix the leak in his UI/Colonist bar mod, and since I already had most of the code for rendering pawns (my own, EdB's stuff is much more advanced), I figured I might as well make myself useful. I've released a pawn bar mini-mod. It tries to copy the utility of EdB's colonist bar.

This is a really rudimentary implementation of the colonist bar. It shows your currently alive and non-kidnapped colonists (dead/kidnapped disappear immediately), and allows you to select them with click and shift-click, jump to them with double click, and select all with middle click.

I won't add extra features, only reason I'm releasing this is to tide people over until EdB fixes his much better implementation.

Note: It's a blatant copy in spirit, a ripoff in design, but the code is all my own.

Truthowl

--
Truthowl
--
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 45nm Technology
8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-880GA-UD3H (Socket M2)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Lumaan on April 14, 2016, 06:28:52 PM
And just to let other know how to get it in an already A13 save go read here https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5258.msg203392#msg203392
Replace the "<li Class="EdB.Interface.ComponentColonistBar" />" with "<li Class="PawnBar.Mapcomponent_PawnBar" />"  8)
As Lumaan points out on EdB's thread, it doesn't apply on existing games out of the box, you'll have to do a minor save game edit. Don't worry, it won't break existing games (assuming you do the edit correctly - make a backup!)

TheLunatic889

I am a lazy bastard. Is there a link to all the files instead of having to click download them one by one?

Fluffy (l2032)

Ehm. Whotcha mean? The link goes to the release of my repo, just download the source archive and unzip that.

If you mean a combined version of all the mods, then no. I'm lazy too, and don't want to create a new archive every time something changes. Sorry :P

TheLunatic889

wait which link? There's a lot of links.

Edit: Screw it i'm gonna stop being lazy and just grab all the Alpha 13 files.