[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumaan

@Rock5
The 1st one you can almost get from "Colony Manager" - open it and don't select any jobs, but it's not perfect. Only colonist with that skill is shown, but that's what I do.
And to the 2nd, get the "Numbers" Addon. - It have a way to show outfits + a lot more info. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16558.0

Rock5

I forgot about Numbers. I wanted to use it my last game but I think it wasn't A13 ready yet. I'll add that to my list of mods for my next game.

Actually Numbers looks like a better place to ask for that 1st feature.

Thanks.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Shabazza

Quote from: Rock5 on April 26, 2016, 06:56:42 AM
I often find myself waiting for a job to be done and it seems to be taking too long so I wonder to myself "Is anyone doing this job at the moment? What is everyone doing?". And it occurs to me it would be nice to get a snapshot of what everyone is doing at any particular moment.

I fully agree. I also suggested an "action queue" like we have in Prison Architect for example. But on individual colonist level.
Sometimes newly ordered things get built while much older build jobs are abandoned although all material is available. And that's just one example where I want to know where the heck my guys are hanging out and why.

Rock5

Actions queues would be a bit tricky. You can't just assume players will want thing built in the order they place them. What if they want something built right away? You would need a way to add jobs to the front or back of a queue or even somewhere in the middle. I'm not sure how that could be done elegantly.
Rock5 [B18] Mods
- Butchers Can Count Meat
- Sun Lamp Planner
- JTZoneButtons
- RimSearch
- JTExport

Grogfeld

Jobs aren't abandoned your Pawn is just closer to something that needs to be build and if materials are closer too. This is not Gnomoria where jobs could be forgotten by the system.

To add queuing system you would need to change behavior of AI. Now there are Professions and jobs in that professions in list of order. That's why for example cleaning snow is before dirt, you could change it with help of Master Fluffy's Mods, but that's why it could look like something was abandoned. This system reserves material, workstation, cell, tree or bed for that job so such a queue should not to store jobs, as they are now because too many things would be reserved. Also there should be a system that checks if job wasn't finished by someone else, so it would need to delete jobs within this queue and that could lead really to abandoning jobs. Now you just need to micromanage everything that you think should be finished first.

Fluffy (l2032)

I've just put the latest version of Fluffy Relations up. I seriously recommend you give it a whirl, it's rediculously pretty.

!!FLUFFY RELATIONS REQUIRES CCL!!

Justas love

Since you are the UI king to me can you please make a mod:
After an animal gets the training of obedience it will always follow the trainer when drafted
Can you please make a small mod that allows you to toggle the animal folowing his drafted trainer

Fluffy (l2032)

Megfir

The relations tab is awesome! Thanks for presenting the new social feature so well! The new version is amazing.

Just btw, I'm confused on why factions have two way opinions. In vanilla it just shows a "goodwill" value which I assume is that faction's opinion of my colony. Does my colony's opinion of another faction ever matter? Seems that their opinion is what matters for pretty much any scenario.

Grogfeld

What have you done to me?! I don't play Rimworld I'm playing Fluffy relations. C'mon man! To pretty, to awesome!! Eh, what the hell, here, have triple exclamation point !!!

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: Justas love on May 02, 2016, 04:55:45 PM
After an animal gets the training of obedience it will always follow the trainer when drafted
Can you please make a small mod that allows you to toggle the animal folowing his drafted trainer
I could... The UI is pretty straightforward, just a button on my existing animals tab. The bigger problem is mucking about with animal's work trees. Should be perfectly doable though, I'll add it to the list ;).

Quote from: Megfir on May 02, 2016, 05:32:05 PM
The relations tab is awesome! Thanks for presenting the new social feature so well! The new version is amazing.

Just btw, I'm confused on why factions have two way opinions. In vanilla it just shows a "goodwill" value which I assume is that faction's opinion of my colony. Does my colony's opinion of another faction ever matter? Seems that their opinion is what matters for pretty much any scenario.
You're probably right, but it was pointed out to me that there's two separate numbers there on the last version of the mod, so I figured I'd show em both :P.

Quote from: Grogfeld on May 02, 2016, 07:24:26 PM
What have you done to me?! I don't play Rimworld I'm playing Fluffy relations. C'mon man! To pretty, to awesome!! Eh, what the hell, here, have triple exclamation point !!!
I know right?! :D Part of the reason it took me a while to finish this is that every time I wanted to test a change, I ended up dragging around pawns and see them all flow for half an hour :P

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Listen1

What kind of witchery is that? This is really remarkable. I can't give gold, support, nor anything other than feedback. and a cookie. Take some cookies!

Justas love

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 03, 2016, 01:23:26 AM
Quote from: Justas love on May 02, 2016, 04:55:45 PM
I could... The UI is pretty straightforward, just a button on my existing animals tab. The bigger problem is mucking about with animal's work trees. Should be perfectly doable though, I'll add it to the list ;).
No, when you draft the trainer you have the options of:
Enabling the animal following and disabling
Because the animal always follows the trainer and it will usually get in the way of shots. But what if i just want to train my animals on hauling? So like my mufallo will haul, but when a battle comes he will pretty much die or get downed because he followed his (drafted) trainer in a battle.
Hope i made sense!

and this is the same with your wargs, you don't want to make him tank the bullets and get damaged early on in a battle simply because he follows his trainer, but you want to use him when the raiders are fleeing from your colony.

Or just make the animal go behind your trainer and not go in front of him