[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

25wes25

Love the new relations ui! Being able to drag colonists and factions around is so entertaining, it's like a minigame for me now haha.

Listen1

Quote from: Justas love on May 03, 2016, 01:22:00 PM
Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on May 03, 2016, 01:23:26 AM
Quote from: Justas love on May 02, 2016, 04:55:45 PM
Since you are the UI king to me can you please make a mod:
After an animal gets the training of obedience it will always follow the trainer when drafted
Can you please make a small mod that allows you to toggle the animal folowing his drafted trainer
I could... The UI is pretty straightforward, just a button on my existing animals tab. The bigger problem is mucking about with animal's work trees. Should be perfectly doable though, I'll add it to the list ;).
No, when you draft the trainer you have the options of:
Enabling the animal following and disabling
Because the animal always follows the trainer and it will usually get in the way of shots. But what if i just want to train my animals on hauling? So like my mufallo will haul, but when a battle comes he will pretty much die or get downed because he followed his (drafted) trainer in a battle.
Hope i made sense!

and this is the same with your wargs, you don't want to make him tank the bullets and get damaged early on in a battle simply because he follows his trainer, but you want to use him when the raiders are fleeing from your colony.

Or just make the animal go behind your trainer and not go in front of him

I agree with you, If I would mod this, I would:

1. Modify the code that makes the animals with obedience rush to the side of the drafted colonist so that only the animals with "Release" trained rush to the side of the drafted colonist. Should not be very hard, but would already be amazing.
2. Make a button that you can change all the animals master (Except the bonded one)
3. Fixate the Bonded animal to it's bonded master. (This would be more realistic.)
4. [The hard one.] Toggle release/rescue/haul of one animal on/off. That way if I have someone bonded to an animal, I can choose to not release that animal.

RagingLoony

I have an error, In the factions screen I have a 'Null' faction which, when clicked, crashes the factions screen, not game breaking but having the duff faction there is kinda botherome. At least they like me.

Lumaan

@Fluffy - Nice looking Relations tab, but when using with "More Factions Spawn" mod it get messy in the Factions tab. :(

Minnigin

All I can say is wow, just wow this relations mod is absolutely beautiful. Very nice job two thumbs up

Quote from: Lumaan on May 03, 2016, 10:58:06 PM
@Fluffy - Nice looking Relations tab, but when using with "More Factions Spawn" mod it get messy in the Factions tab. :(

that's odd mine looks neat and tidy and I'm using more factions
(right click icon and open image in new tab) dont forget to click the icon in the top right to widen the pawns into a circle

Turner

Is anyone else having trouble with the blueprints mod? It worked for a few saves but after that the blueprints stopped showing up other then the create one....

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: 25wes25 on May 03, 2016, 01:55:50 PM
Love the new relations ui! Being able to drag colonists and factions around is so entertaining, it's like a minigame for me now haha.
I know :D It's really mesmerizing :P

Quote from: Flying_Rockbass
I agree with you, If I would mod this, I would:

1. Modify the code that makes the animals with obedience rush to the side of the drafted colonist so that only the animals with "Release" trained rush to the side of the drafted colonist. Should not be very hard, but would already be amazing.
2. Make a button that you can change all the animals master (Except the bonded one)
3. Fixate the Bonded animal to it's bonded master. (This would be more realistic.)
4. [The hard one.] Toggle release/rescue/haul of one animal on/off. That way if I have someone bonded to an animal, I can choose to not release that animal.
#1 is what I was referring to, but instead of release training I was thinking about a toggle option. The others are a bit more niche... I'll think about it :P

Quote from: RagingLoony on May 03, 2016, 10:25:44 PM
I have an error, In the factions screen I have a 'Null' faction which, when clicked, crashes the factions screen, not game breaking but having the duff faction there is kinda botherome. At least they like me.
Could you post your savefile? And the output_log.txt? Would be really interested to see what's going on there.

Quote from: Lumaan on May 03, 2016, 10:58:06 PM
Yeah, that's the problem with dynamic stuff, it's really hard to get all the parameters right for all situations. In your relations view, there's a lot more factions as normal, and they all attract eachother. That will inevitable lead to clustering. There's two things you can do; change the layout to a circle (top right button), or go into menu -> mod options -> fluffy relations, and scroll all the way down. You'll see the parameters that the algorithm uses there. You could try halfing the attractive force, and/or doubling the repulsive force, and see what happens when you next open the tab. Currently these settings also apply to the pawns, so don't go too crazy - I might make them separate at some point.

Quote from: Minnigin on May 03, 2016, 11:16:42 PM
All I can say is wow, just wow this relations mod is absolutely beautiful. Very nice job two thumbs up

Quote from: Turner on May 04, 2016, 12:03:21 AM
Is anyone else having trouble with the blueprints mod? It worked for a few saves but after that the blueprints stopped showing up other then the create one....
Blueprints are stored separate from the save game, which means that you can import them in a new/different game - which is nice. I've made the choice not to auto-load all available blueprints in new games, you have to right-click the create blueprint icon, and then pick one from the list of exported blueprints.

Note that you also need to export a blueprint by rightclicking it and selecting that option before it is stored at all.

Finally, I honestly can't remember right now whether or not blueprints were supposed to also get stored in the savegame - I'll look into that.

RagingLoony

I would but the game doesnt crash, just the factions screen. it stops working till i close the factions screen and re-open it, so no log is generated. I'll start a new colony when im home from work, see if its still happening then post you my save.

Lumaan

Quote@Fluffy - Nice looking Relations tab, but when using with "More Factions Spawn" mod it get messy in the Factions tab. :(

Yeah, that's the problem with dynamic stuff, it's really hard to get all the parameters right for all situations. In your relations view, there's a lot more factions as normal, and they all attract eachother. That will inevitable lead to clustering. There's two things you can do; change the layout to a circle (top right button), or go into menu -> mod options -> fluffy relations, and scroll all the way down. You'll see the parameters that the algorithm uses there. You could try halfing the attractive force, and/or doubling the repulsive force, and see what happens when you next open the tab. Currently these settings also apply to the pawns, so don't go too crazy - I might make them separate at some point.
Found the settings and played around with them, looks better now.. :)

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: RagingLoony on May 04, 2016, 05:00:31 AM
I would but the game doesnt crash, just the factions screen. it stops working till i close the factions screen and re-open it, so no log is generated. I'll start a new colony when im home from work, see if its still happening then post you my save.
The log is always generated, what you're thinking of is a crash report. I just need the logs, wouldn't know what to do with a crash report anyway ;)

@Lumaan; good to hear :) Out of curiousity, what did you end up using? I'm still looking for some better defaults ;)

Lumaan

@Fluffy - Only setting that made it so I can read the faction names easy was "<REPULSIVE_CONSTANT>50000</REPULSIVE_CONSTANT>" from the default 5000, rest is still default *Might change when I have more time to play with the settings*

RagingLoony

I think this is the right file? I just saved my new colony and this one has two null factions on the screen. Both hate me this time :(

EDIT: funny thing is i still have the right number of factions, it's just generating a couple extra null ones for some reason. Maybe they're the invisible factions like spacers and stuff?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

RagingLoony

Sory for spam! wouldnt let me edit the attachment. ignore the first one, use this one. forgot to click the null faction to generate the stuff in the output lol. use this one :3 what you need is right near the bottom i believe?

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Megfir

Couldn't you make the parameters scale with pawn/faction count? So it always looks like it should.

Fluffy (l2032)