[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJ Daemonix

In the described folder, i only have that same .dll, and basically nothing else. In doubt i tried renaming the root folder "Rimworld" instead of "Rimworld1135Win" (being a total derp :D), but that didn't do much if anything...

As OS i am running Windows Redstone (spinoff of W10 generously gifted by Microsoft), but i doubt that it may be the source of problems...

Fluffy (l2032)

It seems to be unable to find CCL still though, are you sure you installed CCL correctly? It's a bit odd that you're the only one reporting such issues, which is why I'm leaning towards user error ;)

DJ Daemonix

I finally realized that yes, CCL wasn't installed correctly. I adopted the widely-used "drag "zip's" folder to "mods" folder" behaviour, and being a complete moron I didn't realise the pain of CCL's installation.

Lesson to be learned : always check the modder's instruction...
By the way, it wouldn't be bad either to put a big red sign marked "REQUIRES CCL" or something, it would prevent morons like me to rush to troubleshooting zone...

In sign of good will, I would like to propose my services as a translator for your mods. Indeed i speak English and French natively, and I thought I could put my gift to good use :)

Thanks again and sorry for my incompetence -_-

Slye_Fox

I'm getting an error about a duplicate breakdown entry when trying to load my some of my saves (http://i.imgur.com/jVVA12k.png).
Is there an easy way to find this duplicate entry in the save file so I can fix it?

Fluffy (l2032)

I thought I had that bug fixed in the latest version, could you make sure you've updated?

Failing that, open the save file, and search (Ctrl-F) for Maintenance. There should be a mapcomponent (comp, mapcomp, not sure what it's called exactly, I'm not around the code at the mometn) for maintenance. This will list all of the buildings that have a compbreakdownable, and their maintenance status. Look for buildings that are duplicates, and delete the duplicate entries. (make sure to delete the whole 'block', so building + maintenance level + the containing tag).

Slye_Fox

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on June 02, 2016, 04:51:48 AM
I thought I had that bug fixed in the latest version, could you make sure you've updated?

Failing that, open the save file, and search (Ctrl-F) for Maintenance. There should be a mapcomponent (comp, mapcomp, not sure what it's called exactly, I'm not around the code at the mometn) for maintenance. This will list all of the buildings that have a compbreakdownable, and their maintenance status. Look for buildings that are duplicates, and delete the duplicate entries. (make sure to delete the whole 'block', so building + maintenance level + the containing tag).
Just updated to 13.0.1.1, that fixed it.
Thank you for the fast reply. ^_^

InfiniteRemnant

with the breakdown mod, I would have breakables start at a minimum breakdown chance of 1% per day (assuming perfect maintenance), and have that minimum chance increase by 5% for every year since the breakable was built.

Old equipment needs more maintenance and breaks down faster than new stuff after all.

BandOfDog

Hi there, not a massive issue but I can't seem to get Follow Me! to work with the Hardcore SK modpack Skyarkangel didn't include it in the pack so I added it into my mods list myself.

The in game keybind setting appears and allows me to set it to a different key etc. However upon pressing whatever key I set it to it does not follow a pawn/item etc. :(

hwfanatic

Today I had a heater drop below 50% and it started smoking. Took me some time to figure out what was going on. :) Kudos for implementing.

So far I spent a grand total of 0 components for repairs, although the guy does spend quite some time doing the maintenance on a daily basis. I have to play many more hours to get the idea of how balanced it is. I do believe, though, that even properly maintained things should have a tiny chance of breaking down.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: DJ Daemonix on June 01, 2016, 03:45:40 PM
I finally realized that yes, CCL wasn't installed correctly. I adopted the widely-used "drag "zip's" folder to "mods" folder" behaviour, and being a complete moron I didn't realise the pain of CCL's installation.

Lesson to be learned : always check the modder's instruction...
By the way, it wouldn't be bad either to put a big red sign marked "REQUIRES CCL" or something, it would prevent morons like me to rush to troubleshooting zone...

In sign of good will, I would like to propose my services as a translator for your mods. Indeed i speak English and French natively, and I thought I could put my gift to good use :)

Thanks again and sorry for my incompetence -_-
Don't worry, happens to the best of us :)

I'll gladly take you up on that translation offer - I assume you have some idea of how it works? The keyed strings should be simple, I've never messed about with definjected stuff. As for bigger warnings, you're probably right. One of these days I'll make some time to clean up my main posts ;)

Quote from: InfiniteRemnant on June 02, 2016, 10:08:21 AM
with the breakdown mod, I would have breakables start at a minimum breakdown chance of 1% per day (assuming perfect maintenance), and have that minimum chance increase by 5% for every year since the breakable was built.

Old equipment needs more maintenance and breaks down faster than new stuff after all.
Having a minimum breakdown chance of 1%/d would be much higher than the current vanilla chance, but I'm inclined to agree there should always be a tiny breakdown chance. Also like the idea that old stuff breaks down quicker, but I'm not so sure that'll be fun to actually play with (would need some other mechanic to 'refresh' buildings, manually tearing down and replacing would be a pain).

Quote from: BandOfDog on June 02, 2016, 03:19:43 PM
Hi there, not a massive issue but I can't seem to get Follow Me! to work with the Hardcore SK modpack Skyarkangel didn't include it in the pack so I added it into my mods list myself.

The in game keybind setting appears and allows me to set it to a different key etc. However upon pressing whatever key I set it to it does not follow a pawn/item etc. :(
Ugh - follow me has been nothing but trouble lately. I'll put it on the list of things to do (it's quite low though, sorry).

Quote from: hwfanatic on June 02, 2016, 03:47:47 PM
Today I had a heater drop below 50% and it started smoking. Took me some time to figure out what was going on. :) Kudos for implementing.

So far I spent a grand total of 0 components for repairs, although the guy does spend quite some time doing the maintenance on a daily basis. I have to play many more hours to get the idea of how balanced it is. I do believe, though, that even properly maintained things should have a tiny chance of breaking down.
Thanks, glad to hear you're enjoying it. I'm inclined to agree that there's some balance issues, and maintenance is now a bit too easy.

Maybe I can have a random 'weak' breakdown, which if not fixed immediately, turns into a 'real' breakdown? Or just keep it simple and add breakdowns back in with a really tiny chance.

hwfanatic

Probably just keep it simple, but IDK what do others think.

Not too easy, though. Still to be determined. A stray bullet hit my main constructor and suddenly it is quite hard to keep everything maintained. We shall see as the base progresses.

I did notice however that their skill doesn't increase due to this activity. WAI?

Fluffy (l2032)

nah, that's just a lazy oversight - they probably should gain skill

Thorbane

I'm frequently crashing to desktop when clicking on the "Manage Areas" button with Area Unlocker installed.

Log:
http://pastebin.com/t1fZYnnf

Fluffy (l2032)

Interesting. That mod uses an older, simpler, version of detours - I thought it was fine for all platforms. I'll switch it over to use CCL soonish, that should resolve the issue.

harpo99999

fluffy, I really like the smoke issueing from the lower maintance buildings before they break down