[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

Thanks :) I was rather pleased with it myself - it's really just reusing vanilla assets/code though :p

Atomisk

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on June 07, 2016, 03:34:12 AM
Thanks :) I was rather pleased with it myself - it's really just reusing vanilla assets/code though :p

yeah but it's cool design choice nontheless. Say uh, I have the same problem with duplicate building keys, i guess. But I'd really rather learn how to fix it myself because whatever's happening is happening repeatedly and i'd rather do maintenance on my save than remove any more of my mods. I think it has something to do with spawning buildings in god mode, but i havn't played a game without god mode yet. In which case, it's more a bug that i need to report to the actual dev as it sounds like an issue that can interfere with mod testing. :P

Oh i mistook your message as you saying you edited his save or something. you just uploaded a fixed version of the mod?

Edit 2: Well i just installed the update and it even worked with my dead save! Thank you so much for the fix. :D

Edit 3: Okay fuck it, since you ask in the mod description, lemme give you an evualuation of breakdowns, because i love you for it, and it NEEDS to be the vanilla mechanic, it is far superior. I find it strange that i can't prioritize repairing something unless it's in the homezone but i think that's vanilla pawn behavior... I do however, only have actual breakdowns when i have noone assigned to repair, or people are too busy to repair and it's very gruadual. When i realized the mistake i was making, though, almost my entire base was covered in smoke and i was freaking out because i couldn't prioritize something that wasn't in the home zone. It was only undesignating my repairer from other work that threw me for a loop with the REST of the base. Still, the threshold for breakage is perfect for small colonies... might get too easy in higher colonies, but i tend to keep population low anyway.

katjezz

does anyone maybe have a collection of their blueprints to share?

InfiniteRemnant

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on June 02, 2016, 04:19:01 PM
Quote from: InfiniteRemnant on June 02, 2016, 10:08:21 AM
with the breakdown mod, I would have breakables start at a minimum breakdown chance of 1% per day (assuming perfect maintenance), and have that minimum chance increase by 5% for every year since the breakable was built.

Old equipment needs more maintenance and breaks down faster than new stuff after all.
Having a minimum breakdown chance of 1%/d would be much higher than the current vanilla chance, but I'm inclined to agree there should always be a tiny breakdown chance. Also like the idea that old stuff breaks down quicker, but I'm not so sure that'll be fun to actually play with (would need some other mechanic to 'refresh' buildings, manually tearing down and replacing would be a pain).
Really? huh... I must have terrible luck then. I thought vanilla was higher than that from how often things break on me. whatever, point was more, "small chance that grows as the years go by" than specific numbers.

Lupin III

Is there a way to make the pawn bar icons smaller? I've around 45 colonists and the icons start to take up a sizeable part of the screen.

About breakdowns: I think it is quite well balanced. I can see colonists fix stuff regularily, but it is never that much that it feels to take too much time. Things go down to approx. 80% until someone comes around to fix it. It is still a challenge when the colony isn't running well, like the one time when after a raid, an outbreak of sleeping sickness and malaria and mental breakdowns 15 of my at the time 40 colonists were out of order.

As for your other mods (I also use enhanced tabs, med info, blueprints and relations): I'd call them almost essential and I definitely wouldn't play as long if those mods weren't around!

joaonunes

I use all the Fluffy's mods and my only complaint is the pawn bar. The position is great to fit with the minimap, but when the number of pawns increases the screen becomes cluttered quite easily...

There could be two options:
- Be possible to manage the size of the icons;
- Hide the icons with a button (like EdB does);
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

hey i got the mod where you can follow colonists around and since i wanted to change the keybinding where and how would i do that? i couldnt find it in the key binding option in the settings menu (not the mod settings)

edit: i found it after relaunching the game with other mods getting turned on, bug maybe or me just being ignorant :P
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: joaonunes on June 10, 2016, 12:06:09 PM
I use all the Fluffy's mods and my only complaint is the pawn bar. The position is great to fit with the minimap, but when the number of pawns increases the screen becomes cluttered quite easily...

There could be two options:
- Be possible to manage the size of the icons;
- Hide the icons with a button (like EdB does);
The pawn bar was really a temporary fix to tide me over while EdB's pawn bar wasn't working correctly (I tried to fix EdB's, but he uses black magic to make things work (e.g. he uses 'real' GPU rendering, while I use the much easier to use, higher level but slower GUI rendering functions). That said, I've had a number of requests to do something more with the bar, so I might get around to merging it with follow me and add some fancyness and make it a proper mod for A14. Maybe. Possibly. Probably not, considering I have zero time lately.

Listen1

Maybe, probably, who knows? It might be happening right now.

*Fingers crossed*

Nah, I would like you to update cat behavior, making cats do absurd things, like cuddling and then attacking the colonist, going super fast around the colony, delivering dead animals to colonists bedrooms, stuff like that.

harpo99999

Quote from: Flying Rockbass on June 17, 2016, 08:43:20 AM
Maybe, probably, who knows? It might be happening right now.

*Fingers crossed*

Nah, I would like you to update cat behavior, making cats do absurd things, like cuddling and then attacking the colonist, going super fast around the colony, delivering dead animals to colonists bedrooms, stuff like that.
I also want 'REAL cat minds' and behaviours (and cats DO bond with their people and prefer to sleep near or on them)

Listen1

Draconicrose

Follow Me keybind doesn't work (as mentioned by another poster). Area Unlocker crashes the game when used on an existing save and makes new games go haywire while the map is generating (after selecting colonists).
I have a Rimworld Let's Play for you -> Let's Play Rimworld Playlist

Fluffy (l2032)

Area unlocker will work perfectly fine in an existing game, as will it on new maps - for people on windows and linux. Mac has some issues, which I'll get to for the next Alpha.

FollowMe also has some issues, of which I'm aware (For the record, it works perfectly fine if you use quick start mode). Again, next alpha.

DJ Daemonix

Concerning my translation offer, which is still OK for me, i must say i have little to no experience with messing with people's code, so it would be better if you could explain that to me some day. Maybe through Skype ? If you have, my username is starlight_5628.

PS : Sorry for my late reply, had issues with my forum account (Password-hassle-type-problem if you see what i mean :D)...

Lupin III

Why are there two numbers for the relation between factions and the colony? I get the one that makes a faction friend or enemy of the colony (although I can never remember which of the two numbers actually counts for that). But what is the influence of the other number?