[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MisterVertigo

Hello! I have a question about the breakdown mod. I understand that it puts a countdown timer on buildings, and if it hits zero then it breaks down. But, if a colonist with the repair job gets to it first it will not break down. So I'm curious, is there a certain percentage or something that a building hits that triggers the repair work job for colonists? For example, when the timer gets to around 30% or so the colonist will go do the repair job. I usually set my colonists so they all do repair work, but with this enabled I can see how it's possible that repair work is all any of them will do if I have a large colony with lots of buildings.

Thanks in advance for your answers, and thank you Fluffy for the great mods!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

stigma

Quote from: MisterVertigo on July 31, 2016, 11:59:21 AM
Hello! I have a question about the breakdown mod. I understand that it puts a countdown timer on buildings, and if it hits zero then it breaks down. But, if a colonist with the repair job gets to it first it will not break down. So I'm curious, is there a certain percentage or something that a building hits that triggers the repair work job for colonists? For example, when the timer gets to around 30% or so the colonist will go do the repair job. I usually set my colonists so they all do repair work, but with this enabled I can see how it's possible that repair work is all any of them will do if I have a large colony with lots of buildings.

Thanks in advance for your answers, and thank you Fluffy for the great mods!

Since it's not my mod I can only make assumptions here - but generally (in vanilla) breakdowns only happen to more advanced machinery. Ie. walls don't break down, neither do chairs - but airconditioners and auto-doors do for example. Typically you have a somewhat limited amount of constructed items that are prone to breakdown, and as long as maintainance isn't triggered as a task at a too high remaining percentage then it shouldn't preoccupy your builders every day to run around and do these things.

It would be nice to get a few example numbers though - of how fast the maintainance status degrades, at what point it triggers ect.

-Stigma

stigma

Very quick suggestion for worktab:

Add just a thin little line to therapist-mode between the major task-groups so that it is easier to narrow down what you are looking for.

To clarify: For example, there are many tasks in therapy mode that originally fell under "construction". A thin white line should denote where that category starts and ends (and for the other categories too). Therapy-mode can be a little overwhelming at times, but if you can see familiar groupings then that makes things easier - especially if you want to avid swapping between the simple mode and therapist mode.

Alternative solution: a clearer by-category coloring. Right now it seems like the coloring is for the priority spectrum, which is not really all that useful, and it does not very clearly show you the category boundaries IMO.

-Stigma

Fluffy (l2032)

@MisterVertigo, I just quickly checked the source code:
public const int componentLifetime = GenDate.TicksPerSeason;
private const float maintenanceThreshold = .9f;

So maintenance goes from 100%-0% over the course of a season, and pawns will start considering maintenance jobs when maintenance < 90%.

Additionally;
if ( durability < .5 && Rand.MTBEventOccurs( GenDate.TicksPerYear * durability, 1f, checkinterval ) )
    DoBreakdown();

If durability is below 50%, there's a random chance - inversely proportional to maintenance level (which is on a 0-1 scale) for breakdowns to occur.

@Stigma; good suggestions, I'll keep those in mind! I've also been planning for a while now to implement a way to change priorities for the entire workgiver, e.g. all priorities in cleaning, in the therapist mode. It's a bit fiddly though ;).

DariusWolfe

QuoteAlternative solution: a clearer by-category coloring. Right now it seems like the coloring is for the priority spectrum, which is not really all that useful, and it does not very clearly show you the category boundaries IMO.

Most heartily seconded. Just an alternating light-dark color scheme would be preferred.

stigma

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on July 31, 2016, 01:47:40 PM
@Stigma; good suggestions, I'll keep those in mind! I've also been planning for a while now to implement a way to change priorities for the entire workgiver, e.g. all priorities in cleaning, in the therapist mode. It's a bit fiddly though ;).

Thanks, did you catch my first post regarding critical crashes in 14.0.4 though? That's sort of the most pressing issue :)
I hope I'm not just doing something wrong - aside from one other guy who posted the modmenu error screenshot I don't see many others talking about crash issues, but I even tried a total reinstall of the game with clear settings to make sure the error wasn't on my end.

-Stigma

qurffe

i am personally using work tabs 1.0.2 since all the newer ones dont really work for me
1.0.3 doent eve nlet me get through map gen to picking colonists
1.0.4 throws error every time i try to randomize guy (have to close the error message and click again for every random i try)

BlackSmokeDMax

Had been using "Fluffy Breakdowns" with no issues for a while. Today in a recent game I have a Fueled Stove down to 24% maintenance, and no pawn seems to want to repair it. I don't remember having needed to repair a fueled stove before, just electric. I do have most pawns set at 2, and one set at 1 for repairs. The same pawn that has Repair at 1 has construction at something between 4 and 9 (I'm also using Work Tabs), and is currently prioritizing a smooth floor job over repairing.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/270598716244518051/3D08FAD7FE1D58EA3AEB4FBAF9EA4BC6E92F310E/

The only change I made in game since beginning the game was to add the Recycle mod. Will include a pic of mod order as well:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/270598716244517549/2ADB10554D7F0C249571432AA13824280E4C2CB0/

If you need anything further, please let me know.

edit: Nevermind! Fell victim to the oldest trick in the book, wasn't completely in my home zone... one tile of the stove was outside the zone!

stigma

Quote from: qurffe on July 31, 2016, 03:27:36 PM
i am personally using work tabs 1.0.2 since all the newer ones dont really work for me
1.0.3 doent eve nlet me get through map gen to picking colonists
1.0.4 throws error every time i try to randomize guy (have to close the error message and click again for every random i try)

Than I'm not the only one having problems...

For me on 14.0.4 I 100% crash when I try to change priorities in the worktab.

-Stigma

Fluffy (l2032)

UGH! I forgot to update the forum release of the Work Tab. It's fixed in the steam version... I'm not currently near the code, so can't update it, but if you're familiar with github you should be able to grab the current state of the repository - that should be up to date, I've just forgotten to create a release.

stigma

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on July 31, 2016, 05:51:51 PM
UGH! I forgot to update the forum release of the Work Tab. It's fixed in the steam version... I'm not currently near the code, so can't update it, but if you're familiar with github you should be able to grab the current state of the repository - that should be up to date, I've just forgotten to create a release.

Not sure I understand. There is a 14.0.5 version? Or the 14.0.4 linked here is mislabeled?

-Stigma

daagar

He's basically saying he forgot to make a 14.0.5 version on github. To get the latest fixes, go to the github page and download everything as a .zip from the source page rather than from the Releases section.

That is:
* Go here: https://github.com/FluffierThanThou/Fluffy_Tabs
* Click on 'Clone or download'
* Choose to download as a .zip file
* Extract the contents over the top of your existing Rimworld/Mods/Fluffy-tabs folder (or delete the existing and extract this one).

stigma

Quote from: daagar on July 31, 2016, 09:04:31 PM
He's basically saying he forgot to make a 14.0.5 version on github. To get the latest fixes, go to the github page and download everything as a .zip from the source page rather than from the Releases section.

That is:
* Go here: https://github.com/FluffierThanThou/Fluffy_Tabs
* Click on 'Clone or download'
* Choose to download as a .zip file
* Extract the contents over the top of your existing Rimworld/Mods/Fluffy-tabs folder (or delete the existing and extract this one).

Gotcha! Thanks :)
-Stigma

daagar

However, it seems to still crash for me, so my directions may be in vain. Or bogus.

Elysium

Quote from: daagar on July 31, 2016, 09:04:31 PM

I had a look and I'm fairly certain the latest commit is identical to 14.0.4 so I'm guessing the repo is outdated as well, that or I'm just running into compatibility issues. 14.0.4 is crashing for me.

On an unrelated note, I would just like to thank fluffy for his very useful mods.