[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grogfeld

Fluffy is there a limit to number of jobs showed/loaded in/to extended view?  I remember manager job vanishing bug and have just encounter it. I've just updated Hospitality and in my save Manager job just vanished and whole priorities had to be reset, by the way great handling with such problems :)

On new games it's the same issue.

EDIT: ONLY in extended view its gone, normal Vanilla style, it's still there.

Fluffy (l2032)

@Grogfeld, might be an issue with me miscalculating the number or required rows on edge cases. I have to implement my own scrollbar and all. I'll have a better look soon(tm).

Elysium

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on August 08, 2016, 05:02:34 PM
@Grogfeld, might be an issue with me miscalculating the number or required rows on edge cases. I have to implement my own scrollbar and all. I'll have a better look soon(tm).

Just to clarify, I don't think it is a case of there being too many jobs being displayed or the scroll bar not functioning properly, as all of my jobs in therapist mode seem to appear just fine.  It is only the manager job that refuses to be displayed for whatever reason.  You might want to look into if it has something to do with either the fact that it is displayed on the simple mode ( where as other mod jobs do not seem to appear here ) or that it comes after research, and maybe therapist mode is not expecting jobs to appear after research.

Fluffy (l2032)

Aight, I've been wanting to learn the mean stack ( MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js and Node.js ) for web development, and I needed a 'small' project to just muck about with a bit. What I ended up with was a mod list post generator (it's just for personal testing use, so I'm not telling you where to find it.).

I would like some feedback on the kind of thing it spews out though; so in the next post you'll find my current status. Note that this extensively uses the github api to get information about all repositories on my github account, merges information from repos and releases to get version numbers and download links, and then puts it in a front end where I can finetune the information and generate the required BBcode. In other words, it's all automagic, and once I'm done I can update my entire mod list page with two clicks - including pulling my commit log to show you guys how busy I've been.

I'd appreciate any and all feedback! ( I'm aware the updates section lists updates on repositories that aren't mine - it's because I forked them, still need to filter down that list ).

So without further ado;

Alpha 14
downloadFluffy Breakdowns  A14    v0.1  bugsReplaces random breakdowns with an actual game mechanic
downloadWork Tab  A14    v0.5  bugsyoutubeLost of extra functions, time schedules and more control.
downloadArchitect Sense  A14    v0.1  bugs[MODTOOL] Allows modders to group together related designators.
downloadArea Unlocker  A14    v0.1  bugsRemoves arbitrary area limit.
downloadBlueprints  A14    v0.1  bugsBuild entire rooms at once!
downloadAnimal Tab  A14    v0.1  bugsyoutubeAdds filters and sorting to the animal tab.
downloadRelations Tab  A14    v0.1  bugsyoutubeA very pretty graphical relations tab.
downloadFollow Me!  A14    v0.1  bugsyoutubeGives the camera tracking capabilities
downloadColony Manager  A14    v0.5  bugsAutomate the more tedious parts of colony management.
downloadMedical Tab  A14    v0.1  bugsMedical overview for colonists, prisoners and animals
downloadTranslation Helper  A14    v0.1  bugs[MODTOOL] Gives a handy overview of missing C# translation keys, with some scaffolded xml output
issues/bugs/enhancements   |    YouTube
Alpha 13
downloadAnimal Ranged Verbs Unlocker  A13    v0.1  bugs[MODTOOL] Allows modders to add ranged verbs (attacks) to animals
Alpha 12
downloadQuick Start  A12    v1.1  bugs[MODTOOL] Takes starting a new game from 5+ to just one click

1-8:
RELEASE :: RW_Manager :: Steamy Manager (0.14.0.5)
RW_Manager :: FluffierThanThou :: Fix duplicate techLevel entries in research
RW_Manager :: FluffierThanThou :: Merge pull request #26 from FluffierThanThou/A14...
RW_Manager :: FluffierThanThou :: Resolve merge conflict
RW_Manager :: FluffierThanThou :: Add preview.png
RW_Manager :: FluffierThanThou :: Merge pull request #22 from kaptain-kavern/patch-2...
RW_Manager :: FluffierThanThou :: Merge pull request #25 from Moumix3/patch-1...
RELEASE :: Fluffy_Tabs :: Steamy Workers (0.14.0.5)
Fluffy_Tabs :: FluffierThanThou :: finally fix priority crashes
RW_Manager :: Moumix3 :: Update ManagerStations_Research.xml...

28-7:
Fluffy_Tabs :: FluffierThanThou :: Merge pull request #11 from FluffierThanThou/A14...
Fluffy_Tabs :: FluffierThanThou :: fix issues introduced in last commit, add proper priority communication between ...

27-7:
Fluffy_Tabs :: FluffierThanThou :: Merge pull request #8 from FluffierThanThou/A14...
Fluffy_Tabs :: FluffierThanThou :: Detour WorkSettings.SetPriority()...

26-7:
ExtendedStorage :: Skullywag :: Alpha 14 update

20-7:
Fluffy_Tabs :: FluffierThanThou :: Merge pull request #6 from FluffierThanThou/A14...
Fluffy_Tabs :: FluffierThanThou :: Attempt to deal with users adding workgivers during a game....

19-7:
Fluffy_Tabs :: FluffierThanThou :: Merge pull request #5 from FluffierThanThou/A14...
Fluffy_Tabs :: FluffierThanThou :: Implement ModConfigurationMenu...
RELEASE :: RW_TranslationHelper :: Alpha 14 (0.14.0)
RW_TranslationHelper :: FluffierThanThou :: Update to Alpha 14
Fluffy_Tabs :: FluffierThanThou :: Add option to delete favourite....
Fluffy_Breakdowns :: FluffierThanThou :: Merge pull request #5 from FluffierThanThou/A14...
RELEASE :: Fluffy_Breakdowns :: Steamy Breakdowns (0.14.0.0)

17-7:
RW_Manager :: KapTaiN KaVerN :: Add minified attribute to Benchbase...
RW_Manager :: FluffierThanThou :: Fix power production buildings showing in Power tab....
RW_Manager :: FluffierThanThou :: Clear DEBUG flag in release, and recompile....
RW_Manager :: FluffierThanThou :: Stop clearing growing areas if plants in it are intended to be grown there and t...
Fluffy_Breakdowns :: FluffierThanThou :: Update to Alpha 14, prepare for workshop release.
RELEASE :: RW_Blueprints :: Steamy Blueprints (0.14.0.1)
EdBPrepareCarefully :: edbmods :: Merge pull request #3 from edbmods/change-version-to-beta...
EdBPrepareCarefully :: eedibee :: Updated version number to 0.14.0.1 to better reflect beta status
EdBPrepareCarefully :: edbmods :: Merge pull request #2 from edbmods/add-gitignore...
EdBPrepareCarefully :: eedibee :: Added git ignore file
EdBPrepareCarefully :: edbmods :: Merge pull request #1 from edbmods/initial-alpha14...
EdBPrepareCarefully :: eedibee :: Initial commit for Alpha 14
EdBPrepareCarefully :: edbmods :: Initial commit

16-7:
Fluffy_Tabs :: FluffierThanThou :: Fix sorting by column....

15-7:
Fluffy_Tabs :: FluffierThanThou :: Update to CCL A14, add Preview and expand About.
RELEASE :: RW_AreaUnlocker :: Steamy Areas (0.14.0.0)

14-7:
RELEASE :: RW_FluffyRelations :: Steamy Relations (0.14.0.0)
RELEASE :: RW_EnhancedTabs :: Steamy Animals (0.14.0.0)
RW_Manager :: FluffierThanThou :: Update About.xml, expand description.

13-7:
RELEASE :: RW_FollowMe :: Steamy Follower (0.14.0.0)

2-7:
RW_Manager :: FluffierThanThou :: [fixes] Tree listing respects canvas bounds. Added trigger detail button to hunt...
RELEASE :: RW_MedicalInfo :: Steamy Doctors (0.14.0.0)

27-6:
RW_Manager :: FluffierThanThou :: name change
Fluffy_Tabs :: Fluffy :: provisional A14 changes...

22-6:
RW_Manager :: Fluffy :: Preview image
RW_Manager :: Fluffy :: A14 changes

8-6:
awesome-bootstrap-checkbox :: Philip Daineka :: Merge pull request #91 from 4Giedrius/patch-1...

4-6:
awesome-bootstrap-checkbox :: Giedrius :: Fixed typo in demo

31-5:
Fluffy_Tabs :: Fluffy :: [fixes]...
Fluffy_Tabs :: Fluffy :: [changes]...

27-5:
Fluffy_Breakdowns :: Fluffy :: [fixes]...
RELEASE :: Fluffy_Breakdowns :: Meaningful breakdowns! (13.0.1.1)

22-5:
Fluffy_Breakdowns :: Fluffy :: initial release

21-5:
RELEASE :: Fluffy_Tabs :: Work tab (13.0.1.2)
Fluffy_Tabs :: Fluffy :: [adds]...
Fluffy_Tabs :: Fluffy :: [fixed]...

17-5:
Fluffy_Tabs :: Fluffy :: asd
Fluffy_Tabs :: Fluffy :: [fixed]...

16-5:
Fluffy_Tabs :: Fluffy :: initial release

15-5:
ExtendedStorage :: Skullywag :: fixed passthrough on some objects and added a freezer chest

8-5:
RELEASE :: RW_FluffyRelations :: Force Directed Relations! (0.13.1.2)
RW_FluffyRelations :: Fluffy :: [fixes]...

4-5:
RELEASE :: RW_FollowMe :: A13! (0.13.0.2)
RW_FollowMe :: Fluffy :: [fixes]...

2-5:
RW_FluffyRelations :: Fluffy :: [fixes]...

1-5:
RW_FluffyRelations :: Fluffy :: [adds]...

28-4:
RELEASE :: LT_NoCleaningPlease :: Latta's No Cleaning Please! (0.13.0.1)
LT_NoCleaningPlease :: Fluffy :: A13 update by Fluffy....

26-4:
RELEASE :: RW_AnimalRangedVerbsUnlocker :: [A13] Animal Ranged Verbs Unlocker (0.13.0.1)
RW_AnimalRangedVerbsUnlocker :: FluffierThanThou :: Merge pull request #1 from Skullywag/master...
RW_AnimalRangedVerbsUnlocker :: Skullywag :: Alpha 13 update

24-4:
RELEASE :: RW_Manager :: Colony Manager v2 [A13] (0.13.0.3)
RW_Manager :: Karel Kroeze :: [additional fix #16]...
RW_Manager :: Karel Kroeze :: [fixes #18]...
RW_Manager :: Karel Kroeze :: [resolves #16]...
RW_Manager :: Karel Kroeze :: [fixes #4]...
RW_Manager :: Karel Kroeze :: [fixes #17]...
RW_Manager :: Karel Kroeze :: [fixes #15]...
RW_Manager :: Karel Kroeze :: [fixes #14]...

16-4:
ExtendedStorage :: Skullywag :: added manufactured to wooden pallet

14-4:
RW_PawnBar :: Karel Kroeze :: initial (only) release
RELEASE :: RW_PawnBar ::  (0.13.0.1)
RW_PawnBar :: Karel Kroeze :: Initial commit

12-4:
RELEASE :: RW_FluffyRelations :: Fluffy relations! (0.13.0.1)
RW_FluffyRelations :: Karel Kroeze :: initial commit

11-4:
ExtendedStorage :: Skullywag :: Merge branch 'master' of github.com:Skullywag/ExtendedStorage
ExtendedStorage :: Skullywag :: alpha13 update

8-4:
RELEASE :: RW_AreaUnlocker :: A13 (0.13.0.1)
RW_AreaUnlocker :: Karel Kroeze :: [A13]...
RW_FollowMe :: Karel Kroeze :: [A13]...
RW_Manager :: Karel Kroeze :: [fix]...
RW_Manager :: Karel Kroeze :: [fix]...

7-4:
RELEASE :: RW_Blueprints :: Blueprints (0.13.0.1)
RW_Blueprints :: Karel Kroeze :: [A13]...

biship

Nice mod list, I love all the useful buttons. Can I just say how useful Colony Manager is? I like a easy game where I have 20+ colonists and Colony Manager reduces the micro-management so much - thank you!

Listen1

Any and all feedback?

I love the cat gif you put.

And you are the best UI-Designer i've seen on this forum. Congratz

ThiIsMe007

Quote from: Flying Rockbass on August 09, 2016, 07:14:19 AM
Any and all feedback?

I love the cat gif you put.

And you are the best UI-Designer i've seen on this forum.

I second this, on both accounts.

Thank you, Fluffy!

Grogfeld

Quote from: Elysium on August 08, 2016, 05:10:18 PM
Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on August 08, 2016, 05:02:34 PM

Just to clarify, I don't think it is a case of there being too many jobs being displayed or the scroll bar not functioning properly, as all of my jobs in therapist mode seem to appear just fine.  It is only the manager job that refuses to be displayed for whatever reason.  You might want to look into if it has something to do with either the fact that it is displayed on the simple mode ( where as other mod jobs do not seem to appear here ) or that it comes after research, and maybe therapist mode is not expecting jobs to appear after research.

Correct, and I think that Fluffy just set "table" to fill with condition "< y" and should be "<=y" :P "Argument out of range. Parameter name: index" says the error. 

Fluffy (l2032)

I didn't realise there was an actual error associated with this, do share, please!

At this point it's either an issue with not restarting after adding mods, adding mods to existing games (I thought I handled that one), or it can still be what I suspected initially; that my code to handle the columns shown is incorrect in edge cases.

I haven't been able to reproduce this particular one, but if it consistently happens for you guys, would you mind going into the defs/worktypedefs for the manager mod, and change the priority to something higher (so a smaller number)? That should bump the job to the left in the work list, if the error still appears specifically on the managing job we know something is horrifically wrong ;).

Grogfeld

Well, the error shows after loading, when in previous state there was managing job and now it's vanished and pawn want to do something, but not managing because it's not the 8:00 when I've set managing on priority 1.

Exception filling window for Verse.FloatMenu: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DefMap`2[RimWorld.WorkGiverDef,System.Int32].get_Item (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.AssignFavourite (Fluffy_Tabs.WorkFavourite favourite) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.Widgets+<>c__DisplayClass21_1.<DrawFavouritesCell>b__2 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.FloatMenuOption.Chosen (Boolean colonistOrdering) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.FloatMenuOption.DoGUI (Rect rect, Boolean colonistOrdering) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.FloatMenu.DoWindowContents (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey241.<>m__175 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This is from output_log.txt from new game because I wanted to see if it's consistent. I'm using many mods and that problem pop up just after update of 3 mods Hospitality, Vegetable Garden, and CorePanda. Every of this, and yours is from workshop and every of this was in game before error showed, so this shoudn't be causing this error.

Anyway setting order on 9 from 11 in worktab defs doesn't do anything. I will disable few mods, especially 3 updated and try narrow source of the problem but like you said it's always related to new mods in loaded game, or in this case updated, maybe with major changes.

Elysium

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on August 09, 2016, 10:35:02 AM
I didn't realise there was an actual error associated with this, do share, please!

At this point it's either an issue with not restarting after adding mods, adding mods to existing games (I thought I handled that one), or it can still be what I suspected initially; that my code to handle the columns shown is incorrect in edge cases.

I haven't been able to reproduce this particular one, but if it consistently happens for you guys, would you mind going into the defs/worktypedefs for the manager mod, and change the priority to something higher (so a smaller number)? That should bump the job to the left in the work list, if the error still appears specifically on the managing job we know something is horrifically wrong ;).

I don't get an error at all, it just doesn't appear in therapist mode. Changing the either the natural priority or the priority in work type doesn't seem to do anything.  I've been doing some troubleshooting on my own and I was able to get it to appear in therapist mode by switching the WorkType to Research and adding a label into WorkGiver_Managing, plus a priorityInType to Core WorkGivers in research, but then I was unable to change the priorities for manager in the simple mode.  I suspect work tabs does not like the fact that you are adding an entirely new WorkType and it doesn't know how to handle it properly.  I suspect there is a fairly simple fix here but I'm rather new to this and I've already spent about an hour on this so far.  I hope my troubleshooting was somewhat helpful at the very least.

Oh, also... I've started a new game since I originally noted this issue to myself and it was there from the very start, so it wasn't a case of adding mods after the fact that caused this. If you say it is working fine for you, then potentially it has something to do with the mods I am using in combination with your mods.

Edit: Could it be as simple as the scroll bar being unable to get to the very edge?  Seems unlikely but there does appear to be a small gap...

Update: It is indeed the scroll bar,  I just loaded a new game with only CCL, work tabs, and colony manager and I could see everything just fine.  The moment I added more work types to my game to the point where the scroll bar is required, you could no longer see the manager job.  Ignore everything I said in the previous paragraphs.

As for the post generator, it is very interesting.  It looks like you got it working for the most part, you just need to filter out the forks like you said.  Could be very useful for both the users of your mod and yourself.  Having up to date and accurate info on the mods I am using is very important to me so I'm a huge fan of this.  Oh, and I think I said this already but I feel like saying it again... your mods are extremely useful.

Grogfeld

It's not because scroll bar can't get to the edge, my errors are related to the fact that this worktype isn't there. That's why Fluffy's self-preservation method kicks in and resets priorities.

Elysium

Quote from: Grogfeld on August 09, 2016, 02:25:08 PM
It's not because scroll bar can't get to the edge, my errors are related to the fact that this worktype isn't there. That's why Fluffy's self-preservation method kicks in and resets priorities.

Your error is completely unrelated to the manager job not showing up in therapist mode.

Fluffy (l2032)

Yeah looks like these are two separate issues. I'll do some more testing on a smaller screen size to force the scrollbar issue, as for the jobs - grogfeld, I'm not sure, does the work tab actually recover after resetting priorities? Or does it keep spamming that error?

Grogfeld

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on August 09, 2016, 02:35:16 PM
Yeah looks like these are two separate issues. I'll do some more testing on a smaller screen size to force the scrollbar issue, as for the jobs - grogfeld, I'm not sure, does the work tab actually recover after resetting priorities? Or does it keep spamming that error?

Resetting works fine. I think that was false alarm because of no managing job showing up and resetting errors at one time. After Elysium posted screenshot, and saying he have no errors showing up, I see that there is that small gap :D so I think that something was added in updated mods. Normally we don't know what worktype was added but with extended view our ignorance doesn't protect us anymore :P

Well I think I need to stop using steam workshop, there are too many changes at one time, and with my "from time to time" play schedule I'm ending with that kind of panic attacks ;)

EDIT: So setting in normal view managing on priority 1, and than changing it on extended view works, Pawns do this job. Elysium was right, sorry for panic. But still I would gladly see managing wotktype in extended view ;)