[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

yeah I need to fix this.

By the way, you can copy mods out of the steam workshop content folder and into the rimworld mods folder, then use those - steam updating will only affect the workshop content folder, and you're basically using a static snapshot of your mods.

There's a few caveats with that, mods in the workshop folder have numbered folder names (file id's), in game they will show the correct name (assuming the modder correctly added About.xml, which just about everyone does). Also it's a bit of manual labour in copying stuff over and making sure you use the 'local' versions of the mods. Still, better than loosing save games to steam.

Grogfeld

Thanks, I will do that. That's no more laborious than before steam. Now we have this numbered folders and getting to a mod is just horrible. Than you can search mod in workshop, see what id it has and try to find it. It's probably more work then before.

EDIT: So managing is back. Probably Autoequip had to do something with it because I've made manual update to newer beta, last one was broken, now Killface uses yours Outfitter. OR... resolution change to lower :P previously I've played on monitor now I'm just on laptop screen.

Elysium

Where are the priorities stored for Work Tab?  I looked in the save file and I think I only found the regular priorities, and your mod just seems to override those if therapist mode was used.  Basically I'm just looking for a way to manually edit or at the very least forcibly reset my work priorities because I must have messed something up during my earlier troubleshooting.  Some of my pawns are doing things they really shouldn't be doing and I can't just change the priority for them because they are disabled for those pawns.  I'll look into editing their traits for now but I would still like to know how to do this manually for the future.

Fluffy (l2032)

@Elysium, they're stored in a mapcomponent - MapComp_Priorities I think? I need to implement a better way of storing them (e.g. the same way Tynan stores arrays), but for now they're a massive list of lists of lists (pawns -> hours -> workgivers). The list is ordered assuming a specific workgiver order, so it's both fragile and virtually impossible to edit by hand, something I might have a look at later.

The good news is that it should get reset on errors, so try just emptying out the list - see what happens :P. (make a backup first!)

Elysium

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on August 10, 2016, 02:22:59 AM
@Elysium, they're stored in a mapcomponent - MapComp_Priorities I think? I need to implement a better way of storing them (e.g. the same way Tynan stores arrays), but for now they're a massive list of lists of lists (pawns -> hours -> workgivers). The list is ordered assuming a specific workgiver order, so it's both fragile and virtually impossible to edit by hand, something I might have a look at later.

The good news is that it should get reset on errors, so try just emptying out the list - see what happens :P. (make a backup first!)

Alright thanks.  I wouldn't imagine being able to easily edit the priorities would be particularly useful outside of some pretty rare scenarios for a select group of people anyways so I wouldn't worry too much about improving because it appears to work as is.  Being able to reset it if something goes wrong should be enough to get the job done.

Fluffy (l2032)

Oh you'll see why I wan't to improve the storage method once you open up that save game and find the mapcomp. Let's just say it's a bit... tall.

skyarkhangel

harpo99999

poor fluffy broke down, and it could be a couple of years (in game) before a trader visits that has the needed 5 fluffy components to repair the fluffy, and as there is no a14  fluffy breakdowns mod, we were not able to maintain the fluffy and prevent the breakdown

Havan_IronOak

Just seeing all the discussion about having Steam mod updates break the saved game files...

Can this be avoided by going into Steam Properties for RimWorld and setting it to NOT automatically Update? Does that work for just the base game or for mods too?

Sarelth

The only option for not updating on steam is to only update when you load the game. You can not turn off updates normally. Maybe if you keep your steam in Offline mode and never connect it online, but then once you wanted new mods you would have to update.

Fluffy (l2032)

Nope, steam controls all your workshop mods. There's a simple solution though, just copy the mods out of the steam workshop folder and into the rimworld/mods folder. Or, you know, just download the mods from the forums ;).

Elysium

I have a suggestion for an addition to the animals tab.  Just a quality of life enhancement that would allow you to set all animals to their bonded master with a couple clicks.  It would also be nice if you could do the reverse, set all animals to have no master for the times when you are about to go in to battle and don't want unnecessary risk for your animals.  You could also take this one step further and have a button that would allow you to set all animals to a specific master, none, or bonded.  In case of no bond or bonded master skill too low, remain unchanged.

The latter bit of the suggestion may be more work than it is worth, but setting all to bonded or none would be really useful.

Fluffy (l2032)

Sounds like a doable and very useful addition! Would you mind making a post on the issue tracker so I don't forget? It's the little github icon next to the mod in the list.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Fluffy (l2032)

Fixed a bug and implemented a few suggestions/enhancements for Fluffy Breakdowns;

- No longer keeps track of maintenance of buildings that were destroyed (bugfix).
- Add skill gain for repairing (roughly half the skill gain of 'real' component replacement repairs).
- Attempts to check if buildings are used (depends on power on/off or CCL's lowIdleDraw), if not used lower maintenance degrades at 1/3 the normal rate. (if we can't determine if object is used or not, assume it is used.)
- Add ModConfigurationMenu for maintenance theshold, so pawns don't have to run all over the map for a minor repair. Defaults to 90%, keep in mind that at 50% buildings start running the risk of a 'real' breakdown.

In the (near) future, I hope to add some research to increase durability of components, to give late game colonies a bit of a relief in the amount of repairing that needs to be done. It's not hard, just a bit of busy work I didn't have time for today.