[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

Elysium

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on August 11, 2016, 05:11:34 PM
Fixed a bug and implemented a few suggestions/enhancements for Fluffy Breakdowns;

- No longer keeps track of maintenance of buildings that were destroyed (bugfix).
- Add skill gain for repairing (roughly half the skill gain of 'real' component replacement repairs).
- Attempts to check if buildings are used (depends on power on/off or CCL's lowIdleDraw), if not used lower maintenance degrades at 1/3 the normal rate. (if we can't determine if object is used or not, assume it is used.)
- Add ModConfigurationMenu for maintenance theshold, so pawns don't have to run all over the map for a minor repair. Defaults to 90%, keep in mind that at 50% buildings start running the risk of a 'real' breakdown.

In the (near) future, I hope to add some research to increase durability of components, to give late game colonies a bit of a relief in the amount of repairing that needs to be done. It's not hard, just a bit of busy work I didn't have time for today.

These all sound like great additions, nice!

biship

Nice! I'm setting it to 50% so my repairman doesn't spend a whole day, every second day, repairing stuff.

Fluffy (l2032)

keep in mind that he'll still have to do the same amount of work, just travel about a bit less. Also 50% is on the low side (components start having a chance of breakdown at <50%). Either way, glad you like the option ;).

biship

Yeah I figured. Able to make the deterioration rate configurable?

Szara

Any chance to set a range for when the workers will repair things, based on proximity to a recently completed job?

Hell even as I ask it sounds like a no go from a coding perspective, but I still like the idea. Say you set your guys to repair things that are <60% outright, and if they happen to be near something that is say at 60-80 % when they finish doing something and look for another task, then they'll take care of that while they're there, to reduce the amount of running around they might do. If you have 5 workbenches in one room that all get about the same use, they'd all get repaired in one visit to the room, instead of the repairman getting the one that dropped down to 59% then hauling clear across the base to go fix some door or something that will take him an hour to reach, leaving all the others at 60-65% or whatever.

Also, I also had the problem with my pawns doing jobs they're not able to do, I'll try to keep that in mind as a potential fix. It's on a colony I stopped playing already though.

Dangit, Fluffy, I love that cat gif. Every time I look in this thread I have to watch it for awhile. Sometimes several times.
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

Chibisuke

Breaks down maintenance shows 100%, pawn refuses to repair. Can't force them to repair it either. Set Maintenance threshold to 100% it repairs everything else except the broken down wind turbine. Just tested some more, seems everything power related, except the wood fuel generator can't be repaired n maintained, tried solar panel, turbine, thermal, cts plasma generator. They are ignored by the pawn and once broken down, you arent able to set manual priority for them to be repaired either.

Removing the Breakdown mod, everything goes back to normal.

Etherdreamer

So breakdown it´s not working? or maybe there it´s other mod that mess bd one?

Fluffy (l2032)

@Chibisuke, they'll only repair things in the home area. Make sure your powerplant buildings are in the home area.
@Etherdreamer, works just fine.

SpaceDorf

In my savegame the Breakdowns Update stops the HaulIt Mod from working :(
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Elysium

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 13, 2016, 12:22:34 PM
In my savegame the Breakdowns Update stops the HaulIt Mod from working :(

That is pretty strange since I'm pretty sure haulit just omits the dumb labor and hauling skills from the story traits.

SpaceDorf

Yeah Turns out it was not only fluffies mod so it may be something completely different ..
I hate it, when I can't use awesome mods because of something like this.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Lockdown

Quick question regarding the favorites feature of the Work Tab mod:

I'm trying to make a favorite that includes all the 'everyone-does-this' work priorities (firefighting, flicking switches, hauling, etc). The idea is to, whenever I get a new recruit, I assign them that favorite to set their priorities right, then I add additional jobs like construction or art depending on that colonist's specific skills. (adding the specific skills causes the colonist to no longer be assigned to that favorite, but that doesn't matter to me, it has already made the changes I want)

Problem is, this only seems to work if there's already someone else with the favorite assigned when I try to set a new recruit right. If no one has it at the time, then assigning it to someone seems to have no effect. This leads me to believe favorites aren't meant to store priority presets, but rather keep colonist priorities synchronized. Is this the case, or am I using it wrong?

Vakturion

G'day.
I've really enjoyed your mods, great work.

I have a problem with the Work tab mod. I have two Doctors, one is in training and I don't want him to operate yet. I wan't him to be able to do everything else. I set it up in the work tab so that any surgeries don't have a priority, but he still gives them a go.

Have I got something wrong? I don't think I've got any mods that would interfere.

Thanks.