[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: cap75 on January 23, 2017, 10:39:06 PM
Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 23, 2017, 02:09:36 AM
I'm actually finding it a bit too easy to maintain everything in my current playthrough..., haven't had a breakdown yet, and I've been through some hard times.

My problem isnt the breakdowns, in fact it is way better than in vanilla. The problem is related with work priorities, cause repair is tied with construction and i have several itens decaying all over the base.

So, i am seeing a lot of pawn interrupting a job to walk to the otherside to repair something a then return to complete the previous task.

I might be just work priorities beeing mismanaged, but an option to ctrl the decay seemed a nice option.

What I have done is revert it back to the Repair that used to be there (thanks Dingo!)

To do this, I am using RefactoredWorkPriorities to add Repair back to the list ( https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26077.0 )
and also Fluffy's Work Tab and Breakdowns of course (beginning of this thread)

I then changed some XML in Fluffy's Breakdown to switch the job back to repair as documented here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26077.msg294182#msg294182 

For mod order of these three (with others mixed in as well) I have:
Fluffy Breakdowns
Refactored Work Priorities
Fluffy Work Tab

Works great!

Canute

What do you try to open ?
the manager desk you can build, or the button at the down side , next to Architect,work ?
For the manager desk, you need to select a pawn with enabled managing skill then you can force him to manage.

For the button, you should delete the colony manager mod, and reinstall it.

PFC Calico

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one before I post a repeated problem from earlier but i couldn't find a solution to it. I am currently having problems with the advanced work tab options for individual jobs priorities whereby they reset to blank for some pawns but not all. Has this been solved by fluffy?

N.B. I did use the search function and saw a lot of people having the same problems with priorities resetting but saw on the bug report page on github that fluffy was having problems replicating.

Tah

Canute

The reseting should be solved.
Delete the old worktab folder, download the newest version and install it.

PFC Calico

tah will try that tonight on a new save and will edit this post with the results.

Update, after analysing my mod load order, apart from some unrelated problems with animal prosthesis and epoe mod not being in the right order in relation to their patch i seem to have solved my problem where-by anything that could remotely cause a change with a job (like plant cut for growers) was moved to top of load order just after hugslib but before work tab and work tab was the last item in the list. Note that for combinations like animal prosthesis and epoe along with integration patch for the two i put them in their correct order with respect to each other and work tab. after restart of pc, steam, rimworld several times i can now no-longer recreate my issue.

CyberFox

Hi Fluffy

Have this error(s) when starting a new game - I used to run with 45 plus mods when getting this - so i have eliminated all the mods except EdBPrepareCarefully and your WorkTab mod.

With Worktab removed i do not get this warnings.

Object with load ID Thing_Human476 is referenced (xml node name: pawn) but is not deep-saved. This will cause errors during loading.
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.DebugLoadIDsSavingErrorsChecker:CheckForErrorsAndClear()
Verse.Scribe:FinalizeWriting()
Verse.SafeSaver:DoSave(String, String, Action)
Verse.SafeSaver:Save(String, String, Action)
Verse.GameDataSaveLoader:SaveGame(String)
RimWorld.<DoFileInteraction>c__AnonStorey380:<>m__4B2()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

To replicate this behavior
1. Start new game
2. Mods ONLY - HugsLib, EdBPrepareCarefully and WorkTab
3. Create world
4. Use EDB to create colonist(s) - next start game
5. Let the colonist(s) wander around for a minute or so - then save the game
6. The moment you save the game these warnings are spammed.
7. open dev tools - and you will notice a bunch of warnings all as above but "ID Thing_HumanXXX" has different numbers - If you start another new game you will get different "ID Thing_HumanXXX" anything from 18 to 25 of these warnings are spammed.

If you  use quicksaver mod(https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=24532.0) and have Debug panel open you will notice the moment you hit the quick save button the warnings are spammed.

I then save the game - quit to OS - restart Rimworld - load the game - save again - quit to OS - load again - and then these warnings no longer appear.

I'm not sure if these warnings are game breaking or not or if my work around to this problem will still break my game at later stages or not.

I need advice please! Thanks

Mst

Thanks for the awesome mods!
But I've got a little problem with Relations. While looking very cool it lacks general information/description of factions from the vanilla tab and I can't find it anywhere else. Maybe it's not relevant gameplay wise but I like reading this little reference from time to time especially when I encounter new faction.
Also all text has no margins in my game and just placed right by the left side of the screen. Not really a problem but maybe worth noting.

Azazen

Don't know if you've already done this but -add a third dimension- aka a popup for timed work scheduling, when you click/rightlick/whatever on a specific job bring up a window that shows that job and a priority box for every segment of time throughout the day.  On the original work space let people set the number to whatever, and if they set up a timed priority but the little clock next to the number, the number designating the priority that job has during the periods that haven't been altered in the time segment window.  I guess, or something, or whatever you want.  This was just the idea that unfolded when I watched your old video and you said the magic "you'll need a third dimension" words.  Thanks for the mod bud.

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: CyberFox on January 27, 2017, 10:42:43 AM
Hi Fluffy

Have this error(s) when starting a new game - I used to run with 45 plus mods when getting this - so i have eliminated all the mods except EdBPrepareCarefully and your WorkTab mod.

Object with load ID Thing_Human476 is referenced (xml node name: pawn) but is not deep-saved. This will cause errors during loading.

- snip -

I'm not sure if these warnings are game breaking or not or if my work around to this problem will still break my game at later stages or not.

I haven't fully investigated, but I suspect Prepare Carefully causes pawn work schedules to be created by generating its random pawns. If you then discard these pawns (or they are generated, but don't fit with criteria and are discarded behind the scenes by PC) they are never saved, but they are also not removed from the work tab's priorities cache.

In theory, it shouldn't matter. There will be some garbage data in the save game, but that should be filtered out upon loading the save game. That seems to match your reported behaviour of it not happening again later. As long as you're not encountering any further issues, I'm inclined to say it's a harmless warning. Nonetheless, I'll look into filtering out garbage pawns before saving.

CyberFox

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 31, 2017, 02:20:22 AM
Quote from: CyberFox on January 27, 2017, 10:42:43 AM
Hi Fluffy

- snip -

I haven't fully investigated, but I suspect Prepare Carefully causes pawn work schedules to be created by generating its random pawns. If you then discard these pawns (or they are generated, but don't fit with criteria and are discarded behind the scenes by PC) they are never saved, but they are also not removed from the work tab's priorities cache.

In theory, it shouldn't matter. There will be some garbage data in the save game, but that should be filtered out upon loading the save game. That seems to match your reported behaviour of it not happening again later. As long as you're not encountering any further issues, I'm inclined to say it's a harmless warning. Nonetheless, I'll look into filtering out garbage pawns before saving.

Thanks for the reply, Fluffy - I am well into my game and once in a while i do encounter a similar warning but only 1 liner(not multiple warnings), but I suspect another mod to be responsible for that. Still trying to pin down which mod it is as it is completely random. But nothing game breaking so far.

Fluffy (l2032)

I've added a new mod; Stuffed Floors.

QuoteAllows building floors out of stuff*.

Important
This mod requires both HugsLib and Architect Sense to be loaded before it. HugsLib must be loaded before Architect Sense, and Architect Sense must be loaded before Stuffed Floors.

You can safely add this mod to you save games, but you can not remove it from save games. (If you really must do this, you'll have to remove all built stuffed floors added by this mod first).

Features
This mod does two things. First, using Architect Sense it provides a framework for modders to define their own stuffed floor types. Second, it uses this framework to create a number of new floors that are stuffed.

For players
Adds several floor types (borrowed with permission from Telkir's More Floors, CuproPanda's Extra Floors[ludeon.com] and Pravus' Fences and Floors) in a variety of stone, wood and metal types.

Works great with other mods that add more resources, e.g. Minerals and Materials, Extended Woodworking and GlitterTech.

This mod also organizes and where needed, removes the floors added by Vanilla RimWorld, More Floors, Extended Woodworking, Minerals and Materials, GlitterTech and Floored.

For modders
Adds a custom FloorTypeDef that derives from TerrainDef, and allows modders to create floortypes by setting a texture (grayscale for best effect, will be coloured by stuff) and a list of stuffCategories to generate terrain defs for. The resulting designators will be placed together in a category, and any vanilla or other mod's terrains made obsolete can also be provided in the XML, and will then be hidden for the user (but not removed, so it won't break save games).

Known issues
While this mod will happily generate more floors for any mods that add materials to the metallic, stony and/or woody stuff types, it only cleans up the floors added by mods that are explicitly supported. Any other mods that add floor types may appear as duplicates. If you encounter such an issue, or know of mods that add more floors, please let me know!

Technical details
*: This mod doesn't actually allow building stuffed floors. Rather, it spoofs this behaviour by generating TerrainDefs for each of the stuffDefs handed to it, and then using ArchitectSense to group these terrains together and give a user experience similar to stuff selection on buildings. This mod doesn't do anything destructive, it doesn't make any detours, and doesn't remove any defs. It does however remove a number of designators from the architect in order to hide them from the user.

Contributors
- Telkir: Permission to use textures for many of the floors
- CuproPanda: Permission to use textures for even more floors
- Pravus: Permission to use textures for yet more floors
- DarkSlayerEx: Original idea, texture tweaks and moral support

Elysium

Stuffed Floors looks like it could be very useful for users and modders! Less clutter while maintaining a varied selection sounds great, and this is a great example of how to use the Architect Sense framework.  Great work as always, Fluffy!

Sarelth

Loving stuffed floors so far. It makes my base looks so much better.

Fluffy (l2032)

Glad to hear it :)

Though the credits for making your base look better should really go to Telkir, CuproPanda and Pravus, I re-used their textures (with their explicit permission). It's making the floors category in the architect look better that I will take credit for ;).

Der Failer

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 31, 2017, 06:25:03 PM
Stuffed Floors

It is time for this quote again, isn't is.
Quote from: Tynan (op is lost somewhere in the forum)I don't really understand. How would a floor have a stuff? It's not a Thing.

But seriously it's nice to see stuffed floors back. I'll definitely give it a go. :)