[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

Quote from: faketax on February 06, 2017, 08:25:10 AM
Hello i found this : https://github.com/FluffierThanThou/ResearchTree
But its not working i see some nice screenshots of this mod but i cant get it work :(

There's a reason it's not on steam or on my releases page, it's a work in progress. The screenshots you may have seen are from an older version I'm not happy with, and won't release. If you must use it, I think an A16 version is included with HCSK - you should be able to just take it out of there.

TLDR; it's ready when it's ready.

faketax

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on February 06, 2017, 08:33:55 AM
But its not working i see some nice screenshots of this mod but i cant get it work :(

There's a reason it's not on steam or on my releases page, it's a work in progress. The screenshots you may have seen are from an older version I'm not happy with, and won't release. If you must use it, I think an A16 version is included with HCSK - you should be able to just take it out of there.

I tryed that HCSK version but not working corectly some mods are on same spots and some are invisible.
OK i will wait for it ;) I have too much mods and vanilla research sux i must use old style research but it sux vs this mod ;)

FreyaMaluk

BlackGyver

@Fluffy No pressure intended here, and take the time you need to parse through them, but do you have any updates on the errors and the output log I posted?

I'd really like to get to the bottom of this!

Thanks again.

gsgabsdas

Hello Fluffy, thank you for all of your hard work. You've made amazing mods that are incredibly helpful.

I have one request, not sure if it is possible; or how difficult it would be to do:

For the detailed WorkTab mode, is it possible to have the option (toggle) to have it vertical instead of horizontal? Kind of like this, except the numbers and icons would be rotated too of course. Just the names would stay the same. The dream would be we could choose to have the tasks set to the left or right side (I'd set tasks to the left side), but I understand that is asking a lot. If people don't have high enough screen height, they can just scroll down or something.

The only reason I ask is because I find it really difficult to read the sideways tasks and comprehend it that way. It prevents me from using the feature even though it is amazing.

Anyway, just figured I'd ask! Thank you again!

Fluffy (l2032)

Hey guys,

I released an update for Birds and Bees yesterday night that broke existing save games. The folks on steam quickly figured out what's going on, but just to summarize; the update fixed bodies to no longer have double the parts - but I didn't account for current saves that were dependent on this behaviour.

The problem now is that a) this isn't a bug in the code, and b) there's already people and maps out there that now depend on the current implementation. So I can't simply roll back the update. The next problem is that the references to duplicate body parts won't actually be stored by my mod, but by pawns in various places (mostly hediffs). What that means is that I can't add a custom loader that will handle migration from old to new body types as I would otherwise do.

I'm terribly sorry for this oversight, I simply didn't realize there might be references in the saves to the body types - stupid, I know.

I'm afraid the solution, for now, is that if you've got savegames depending on the old implementation, get the old version of the mod. To make that a little bit simpler, here's a direct link to the previous version;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/phbn5376hkeybkc/The%20Birds%20and%20the%20Bees%20v0.16.0.3.zip?dl=1

Fluffy (l2032)

@BlackGyver; I'm currently working on completely overhauling the way priorities are saved. In theory, that should make it a lot more robust (I'm going to check the saved and current work givers and match priorities to the correct work giver, instead of assuming the work givers have stayed the same from when the mod was saved.) as well as making the save files more readable (I'm getting rid of the list of lists for hours and workgiver priorities in favour of a text block where each hour is on a line and workgivers are the columns). Hopefully that will help getting rid of the weird priority bugs that have been floating around.

@gsgabsdas; thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, that's going to be quite a bit of work, and I have quite a few ideas for new mods on my mind that I'm excited about... so yeah, I don't think this is going to be implemented anytime soon, sorry.

BlackGyver

@gendalf; Someone asked the same question, and Fluffy answered it:

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on February 06, 2017, 08:33:55 AM

@Fluffy; Thanks a lot for the update, I'm excited for the new version now! But take your time, as always. :)

Fluffy (l2032)

I've got a new version of the Work Tab ready that should hopefully be quite a bit better in handling adding and removing workgivers from a game in progress, while at the same time saving in a much more compressed format.

If you want to help me out, please download the new version from Github and try to break it. Go crazy, load old savegames, add mods during the game, or even remove mods, and send me the output_logs plus a description of what you did for any errors/unexpected behaviour you encounter.

Cheers!

PotatoeTater

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on February 08, 2017, 03:24:24 AM
Hey guys,

I released an update for Birds and Bees yesterday night that broke existing save games. The folks on steam quickly figured out what's going on, but just to summarize; the update fixed bodies to no longer have double the parts - but I didn't account for current saves that were dependent on this behaviour.

The problem now is that a) this isn't a bug in the code, and b) there's already people and maps out there that now depend on the current implementation. So I can't simply roll back the update. The next problem is that the references to duplicate body parts won't actually be stored by my mod, but by pawns in various places (mostly hediffs). What that means is that I can't add a custom loader that will handle migration from old to new body types as I would otherwise do.

I'm terribly sorry for this oversight, I simply didn't realize there might be references in the saves to the body types - stupid, I know.

I'm afraid the solution, for now, is that if you've got savegames depending on the old implementation, get the old version of the mod. To make that a little bit simpler, here's a direct link to the previous version;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/phbn5376hkeybkc/The%20Birds%20and%20the%20Bees%20v0.16.0.3.zip?dl=1

You're fine man. I was thinking about restarting anyways on the same map since I had made some design choices I didn't like in my mountain stronghold. Keep up the good work :)
Life is Strange

BlackGyver

Damn, do you work fast! (no complaints, here!)

Well, since you *did* ask for error logs with the new WorkTab version, I had to deliver, I'm nice like that.  ;D

On loading an old save (save doesn't load, this error appears in the console):

Exception from asynchronous event: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DefMap`2[RimWorld.WorkGiverDef,System.Int32].get_Item (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.SetPriority (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef workgiver, Int32 priority, Int32 hour) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.SetPriority (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef workgiver, Int32 priority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.SetPriority (Verse.WorkTypeDef worktype, Int32 priority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.Detours_WorkSettings._SetPriority (Verse.WorkTypeDef w, Int32 priority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings.Disable (Verse.WorkTypeDef w) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_WorkSettings.CheckForDisabledTypes (RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings _this, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_WorkSettings.ExposeData (RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings _this) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PostLoadInitter.DoAllPostLoadInits () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.LoadGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SavedGameLoader.LoadGameFromSaveFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root_Play.<Start>m__736 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

output_log: http://pastebin.com/VJPULSUJ

I'll be happy to run some more tests or provide more information if needed.

Erazil

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on February 08, 2017, 09:28:51 AM
I've got a new version of the Work Tab ready that should hopefully be quite a bit better in handling adding and removing workgivers from a game in progress, while at the same time saving in a much more compressed format.

If you want to help me out, please download the new version from Github and try to break it. Go crazy, load old savegames, add mods during the game, or even remove mods, and send me the output_logs plus a description of what you did for any errors/unexpected behaviour you encounter.

Cheers!

Just to know (if it is not already done)
I know this is not top priority but it remains very inconvenient to use.
i use Zhentar's Vanilla Fixes for : "Fixes the UI resolution changing on game load when UI scaling is used." But it has no interference, activate or not I have the same result.
i set UI scaling : 1.25

Les Ténèbres Sont le Début et la Fin de Toutes Chose

faltonico

Hi there Fluffy!
Thanks again for your mods!
I though you might want to know that I bumped into this error when trying to update Supes' PowerLogic to the newest version, it was preventing me from loading the old save file:
Exception from asynchronous event: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DefMap`2[RimWorld.WorkGiverDef,System.Int32].get_Item (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.SetPriority (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef workgiver, Int32 priority, Int32 hour) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.SetPriority (RimWorld.WorkGiverDef workgiver, Int32 priority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.PawnPrioritiesTracker.SetPriority (Verse.WorkTypeDef worktype, Int32 priority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Fluffy_Tabs.Detours_WorkSettings._SetPriority (Verse.WorkTypeDef w, Int32 priority) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings.Disable (Verse.WorkTypeDef w) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_WorkSettings.CheckForDisabledTypes (RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings _this, Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Hospitality.Detouring.Pawn_WorkSettings.ExposeData (RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings _this) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PostLoadInitter.DoAllPostLoadInits () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Game.LoadGame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SavedGameLoader.LoadGameFromSaveFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root_Play.<Start>m__736 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

Uninstalling your mod and loading the savefile again solved the problem, i could reinstall your mod afterwards.

BlackGyver

Quote from: faltonico on February 08, 2017, 01:14:38 PMUninstalling your mod and loading the savefile again solved the problem, i could reinstall your mod afterwards.

I should have tried that! Well, thanks faltonico, that did the trick. :)