[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluffy (l2032)

The good news is that once I get my WorkTab updated you'll be able to add ColonyManager in existing games where workTab is active as well.

Currently working on the worktab, redoing large parts from scratch as there's significant changes, and there were a lot of bugs in the old architecture.

Pichu0102

Quote from: khearn on May 23, 2017, 02:14:52 PM
I finally had a chance to try out the new FollowMe (1.17.0.2) and Colony Manager (1.17.0.1). My existing save loads without any errors in the log. But when I open the Work tab, I see only one colonist (should be 7), and I repeatedly get this in the log as long as I have the tab open:
Exception filling window for RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Work: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.DefMap`2[Verse.WorkTypeDef,System.Int32].get_Item (Verse.WorkTypeDef def) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings.GetPriority (Verse.WorkTypeDef w) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.WidgetsWork.DrawWorkBoxFor (Single x, Single y, Verse.Pawn p, Verse.WorkTypeDef wType, Boolean incapableBecauseOfCapacities) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnColumnWorker_WorkPriority.DoCell (Rect rect, Verse.Pawn pawn, RimWorld.PawnTable table) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnTable.PawnTableOnGUI (Vector2 position) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_PawnTable.DoWindowContents (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MainTabWindow_Work.DoWindowContents (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C5.<>m__1B2 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: /home/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

(Filename:  Line: 422)

I hope that helps. Let me know if there's more info I can provide.
This happens because colony manager adds a new worktype, at which point Rimworld looks for the priority assigned to it and goes out of bounds and panics since it sees less worktype priorities than it thinks should exist, and tries to read a value past the final worktype priority value, which doesn't end well. You can manually edit a savefile to add another priority line to each pawn so it at least sees the right number of worktype priority rows (incredibly tedious and easy to miss something...) but unless you really know what you're doing, you shouldn't do this, as you can very easily break your save.

khearn

So if I understand correctly, the existing pawns have no "manager" work type, so the work tab starts with the first pawn, prints the value of each work type, but when it doesn't find a value for Manager when it gets to the end of the pawn's data, it throws an error. Thus, I only see one pawn on the tab.

Makes sense.

So just adding a zero value for the manager work type to everyone should fix things. I'll make a copy of my save and give it a try. But I'm starting on a road trip tomorrow morning, so it may be a few days before I can do it.

Thanks, Pichu0102.

Fluffy (l2032)

@khearn; that is correct. You might also be able to get away with removing the workSettings altogether, in which case the list should get regenerated. Whatever you do, make a backup first.

BlackSmokeDMax

Fluffy, as you re-do work tabs, would you consider breaking out stonecutting (and maybe drug productions as well) separately, whether through Dwarf Therapist mode or via the main window?

Fluffy (l2032)

I have no plans on doing so at the moment, although it's an interesting idea. One issue is that everyone would want to break out different jobs, so there would have to be some kind of UI to have you change that. That's doable, but the bigger problem is how do you then deal with the overall worktype that job belongs to, and the individual workgiver...

Anyhow, I'm currently working on a different approach, and I do want to get an update out somewhat soon, so I'm going to keep it simple(r) for a first release.

AngleWyrm

bug report for
Animal Tab, Blueprints, Colony Manager, Fluffy Breakdowns, Medical Tab:

Works like a champ!

Great stuff man.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

AzharNoordin

Uhmm..if its not to much can you put the manager research on its own tab?

SpaceDorf

Me too .. everything else with a 17 in it works without problems.

.. except birds&bees, I don't use it.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

coldcell

Fluffy, just wanna say thanks for all your hard work.

Seriously I can't play Rimworld (even though it's an awesome game by itself) without your mods. Keep up the awesome work!!

Raphaello

Quote from: khearn on May 24, 2017, 01:17:30 AM
So just adding a zero value for the manager work type to everyone should fix things. I'll make a copy of my save and give it a try. But I'm starting on a road trip tomorrow morning, so it may be a few days before I can do it.

Thanks for the analysis and solution suggestion - it works indeed!

drakulux

Hey fluffy, bug report, i noticed error message  in the description box of an object when it has been minified using minified overloaded mod. The error was for fluffy breakdowns .   It doesnt seem to break the game, and i had to run out b4 i could test installing the table/lamp. It looks like a bug that could be missed because it doesnt throw errors,the error is in the description.

Edit: this is specifically with certain items added by the crash landing mod, specifically i can see the crashed battery and electric smelter has errors. The lamp and fridge from rimfridge are fine.

GrumpyProgrammer

BUG REPORT:

This is kind of an odd one as it has nothing to do with the mods themselves, but rather the packaging. When downloading the .rars, the files are apparently not valid rar files (as reported by Unrar). Using Linux and this was the same for all the .rar files I downloaded (Blueprints, Colony Manager, Fluffy Breakdowns, Stack Merger, and Stuffed Floors).

I ended up just git cloning the mods I wanted to try out and that worked fine, so there's an easy work around.

As for the mods themselves, they seem to work flawlessly! Great job, Fluffy, you do good work.

Canute

I just download the colony manager and don't got problems to open/unpack them with Winrar or 7zip.