[1.0][MODLIST] Fluffy's Mods - New mini-mod: Power Cleaner [BETA]

Started by Fluffy (l2032), September 14, 2015, 06:16:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TA1980

Dear lperkins2,

thanks. In my current version you can ctrl+click on the worktype to open up the detailed jobs.

Regards

lperkins2

Ah, thanks.  I'd tried right click and shift click, but then gave up.

stigma

@Fluffy

Hey, is there a way to +1 or -1 all jobs inside of a category without making them all uniform?

Currently you can scroll up "cooking" to make all sub-jobs go from 4 to 5 for example, but if those subjobs had varying priorities then they all become the same number. This makes temporary adjustments to priority a pain - since I have to instead increment/decrement all of the sub-jobs to keep the relative priorities - and then reverse all those changes later. That's a lot of manual actions for a pretty minor adjustment in the logic.

IMO I think that would be a better default behavior because if you are messing about inside the sub-jobs anyway then I think you can trust that player to not confuse themselves with sub-jobs being hidden.

Maybe I just haven't found a function that already does this? I'd be almost surprised if you didn't already include this because your mods are all top-notch and usually have all the convenience features you could want :D

-Stigma

lorebot

@Fluffy, I know not many of your mods make use of Research, but would you consider putting Colony Manager's research into its own research tab and maybe use that tab for all your mods? Colony Manager is one of the few remaining mods that I'm forced to use Organized Research Tab for so that I can see all the research choices.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: lorebot on July 06, 2017, 09:08:13 AM
@Fluffy, I know not many of your mods make use of Research, but would you consider putting Colony Manager's research into its own research tab and maybe use that tab for all your mods? Colony Manager is one of the few remaining mods that I'm forced to use Organized Research Tab for so that I can see all the research choices.

Have you tried Research Pal?

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33593.0

lorebot

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 06, 2017, 10:42:37 AM

I have not. I wasn't sure if it was a total replacement for the research tab or if it was just a fancy flow chart to help make decisions but that you still needed to go to the research tab for in order to execute research.

I'll give it a whirl later, but my original concern stands. For people that want to use less mods, putting research in its own tab is very convenient so it doesn't clutter up the Main tab.

Tgr

Removing the production tab kind of makes the "manager" skill much less useful, if the manager is solely updating stockpiles of very basic resources.

stigma

Quote from: lorebot on July 06, 2017, 12:01:10 PM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 06, 2017, 10:42:37 AM

I have not. I wasn't sure if it was a total replacement for the research tab or if it was just a fancy flow chart to help make decisions but that you still needed to go to the research tab for in order to execute research.

I'll give it a whirl later, but my original concern stands. For people that want to use less mods, putting research in its own tab is very convenient so it doesn't clutter up the Main tab.

I highly recommend you try out research pal (especially once you run several mods with added research). It basically overhauls the whole research interface, so you may just find that all your concerns don't even apply to it.

It takes a little bit of getting used to the new layout, but it is very clear and structured, so once you understand how it organizes things it shouldn't be hard to find what you need.

-Stigma

Granspremium

Hi again fluffy. After a lot of trying and failing I figured out which mod was interfering and resetting priorities. It's this one;
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=937170538 - Force do job. So if anyone else has the same problem just uninstall this one.

Also, thanks again for your work, your mods are absolutely invaluable!

Canute

Maybe you didn't read at the other mod, that it isn't compactible with worktab, but i saw on github that he made a fix for this.

OmegasParadox

My blueprints disappear after I load the game. Damn it.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: TREH on July 06, 2017, 02:02:20 PM
Removing the production tab kind of makes the "manager" skill much less useful, if the manager is solely updating stockpiles of very basic resources.

Maybe with the recent changes in A17 ('Research' to the more general 'Intellectual') the work toils performed could eventually transition to using the intellectual skill?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

solvarg

I have a request for Colony Manager. Could you add bushes to the list of cuttable plants? Bushes are ugly useless wastes of space and I have to manually order each one near my colony to be cut down.

Great mods btw.

Igan

stigma

@Fluffy (or anyone else who can answer)

Is there any way of re-ordering the colonists? (I'm not just talking in-game, if I have to change a file or soemthing that's fine as long as it's not super risky over too complicated).

I notice that whenever you for example have to arrest&release them due to a mental break the order gets screwed up and the guys you used to have at the top go to the bottom (not on the colonist bar though, but on the worktab).

Mah OCD man ... can't .... take it ! ^_^
-Stigma